Highest DPS Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

NOTE: I am not saying this is a viable build. I'm saying this is the highest DPS build. This is simply for those who are curious.

2x Phantom Dancer
2x Infinity Edge
2x Bloodthirster.

This will give you about 2.2k damage per second over a 5 second period (calculated by leaguecraft). However, this is assuming full stacks on Bloodthirster. The next highest is replacing bloodthirster with the current Blackcleaver. It's slightly lower in DPS than than full stack Bloodthirsters but higher than no stack Bloodthirster but only lower by about 100

This assumes 25 armor pen runes.

AGAIN, not saying this is viable or cost effective. This is simply for curiousity. This might not be the absolute highest, but 2.2k is the highest I've manage to get.

This doesn't factor in champions passives, skills, etc. This varies from champ to champ.

Superdadd

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdawn View Post
This varies from champ to champ.
Sry, but useless post is useless.

This doesn't take into account scaling factors, base/modified attack speeds, etc...

DrDragun

01-05-2011

OK, but a pretty simple model. Doesn't factor in armor or the possibility of a big hp Atma's. Actually Sword of the Occult fully stacked is 110 damage and Bloodthirster is only 100.

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

It's quite a simple build, but some people don't realize the importance of crit, attack speed, and damage working together in forming DPS. There are people who undervalue phantom dancers because it doesn't give AD and there are people who believe the highest DPS is to stack Bloodthirsters.

The varying factors such as attack speed, attack damage, etc is so minimal that it is safe to say regardless of which champ it is, this item build will provide the highest possible DPS. Most base attack speed only varies about 0.1-0.5 between champs and the base damage only varies about 10-20 damage with some exception like MF with slightly higher base attack damage. Regardless you can expect this item build to give ranges of 2100-2300 and no other item build will come close even factoring in the variations in champions.

When I say vary in champion, I don't mean base stat because the difference is insignificant. I mea people who have skill like Tristana that increase attackspeed by 90% for 7 seconds, or Tryndamere who Bloodlust adds AD and increased crit damage.

Yea, I thought about Occult, but the difference is only ten which will have very minimal effect on dps plus you have to build the stack that I thought it was cleaner to just say 2 Bloodthirster since bloodthirster was easier to build.

As to Atma's impaler. The average melee champion has about 2000-2200 HP, while range has about 1800-2000. Even most tanks only have up to 2000 with the exception of Alistar at 2500. You would need about 3500 HP to make it worth it, even then there is no real item to switch out to get a higher DPS. The 70damage (3500 hp) and 18% crit is only comparable to IE. The importance of attackspeed on DPS would make switching out Atmas on someone with 3500HP for Blackcleaver or Bloodthirster would significantly lower DPS. Theres a huge DPS increase just maintaining 100% crit so switching out bloodthirster would not be as worth the trade given most DPS champs dont even go up to 3500 HP.

The more realistic option one would be to do 2 Blackcleaver instead since it doesn't require building. With 2 BllackCleaver, you can build your stack in 2 hits, and with a 2.0+ attack speed, it would take 1 second to build. The average champ hass 70-75 natural armor. Blackcleaver at full stack gives 45 and runes give 24ish with 6 mastery, thats about 75 armor pen.

DrDragun

01-05-2011

I agree with you that Phantom Dance has great stats, but here is the problem for fast games. DPS is actually 4 stats: AD, AS, Crit, and Armor Pen. If you increase all of these things a little bit, they proportionally increase more than just stacking 1 stat. Now the problem is that EVERYBODY gets infinity edge. So IE gives you AD and Crit. That means you need some ArPen and AS. Last Whisper used to be the perfect complement to IE, giving all 4 of the DPS stats. No longer.

So basically building IE+PD is a fantastic matched set but it lacks the stat Armor Pen so you need to throw in a 3rd item LastWhisper or something. This drives the whole AD carry budget up because at this point you were usually buying Banshee Veil or some defense after IE+LW in the old patch. The new Black Cleaver is pretty temping because it includes the entire DPS package except crit.

But in an ideal case of infinite money, PD is some of the best stats per item slot like you said.

Burbinator

01-05-2011

Quote:
It's quite a simple build, but some people don't realize the importance of crit, attack speed, and damage working together in forming DPS. There are people who undervalue phantom dancers because it doesn't give AD and there are people who believe the highest DPS is to stack Bloodthirsters.
Almost every carry without a steroid skill instead scales off of straight AD via their abilities. MF with doubleup/ult, ashe with volley, ez with mystic shot, sivir with ricochet/boomerang. This makes it inherently more useful to stack more AD rather than AS, if you are ever wavering between the two. Not to mention that thirster's lifesteal is really enormous when at full stacks. At the very, very least, you can completely ignore harass because it's so easy to lifesteal from minions, and you can dragon/baron much more easily. Not that i support always getting BT over PD, but you gotta understand the reasoning behind it

Also, what DrDragun said.

Rezo

01-05-2011

Not the highest dps build. Keep trying

Edit: Don't think its calculating BC's on hit effect properly.

Eppa

01-05-2011

It also depends on the heroes your hitting...