Wits end

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omega Taurus

01-03-2010

Wits End is good in low-mid elo brackets, in high elo the other options are more effectively used. Besides, when everyone in high elo games have Cat's then the mana burn isn't such an issue. And those that don't get it will probably kill you faster than you can burn their mana anyway.

Sudai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2010

I get it with Teemo on very rare occasions. I find stacking AS and additive magic damage (bloodrazer, wit's, lizard buff, poison, ect) more effective against certain line ups while in certain team compositions. Namely a bunch of tanks (them) vs a bunch of Physical DPS (us, only happens in PuGs and I normally won't play Teemo in this scenario so it's even less likely. XD) and they stack a bunch of armor. Better than AP Teemo (Dart and poison is not enough, don't say **** about shrooms because either you're losing a **** load of map control or you're just praying they run into them) and I usually out DPS my team in that situation due to all the armor.

Extremely situational, but meh. Needs a buff of some sort probably.

flankd

The Council

01-03-2010

I don't think it really has to do with whatever Elo bracket you're in, I think its just that generally speaking... you can kill someone before you drain their mana...

You would think it would be used more, considering diffusal/manta style are pretty good items in dota, depending... although they're typically used on heros with illusions like Naga Siren/Geomancer/Phantom Lancer and you just don't see that type of stuff in LoL.. it's just generally not the best strategy to oom a target.. also, diffusal had an extremely powerful snare and wits end doesn't!

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
I don't think it really has to do with whatever Elo bracket you're in, I think its just that generally speaking... you can kill someone before you drain their mana...

You would think it would be used more, considering diffusal/manta style are pretty good items in dota, depending... although they're typically used on heros with illusions like Naga Siren/Geomancer/Phantom Lancer and you just don't see that type of stuff in LoL.. it's just generally not the best strategy to oom a target.. also, diffusal had an extremely powerful snare and wits end doesn't!
Pretty much on the button.

Wit's End needs more spice baby!

My name is Mark

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Wit's end is definitely in need of the Executioner's calling treatment one of these patch days. Maybe upping the mana burn by a flat amount or even a percentage.

SlyGoat

01-04-2010

speaking of diffusal/manta, i think attaching an active cast to Wit's End is exactly what it needs. something to emphasize the mana burn aspect. maybe:

UNIQUE Active: For 5 seconds, your champion will do bonus damage on attack equal to 2% of the enemy's missing mana.

That'd be pretty cool and make it not a **** choice against casters.

Holepuncher

01-04-2010

I get wit's end often on teemo and have had success with it. I don't get it for the 42 mana drain, I get it for the 42 bonus damage.

Think about it, as long as the hero you are fighting has some mana, you're getting 42 extra damage on each hit.

B.F. Sword: 1850g, +50 dmg
Wit's End Recipe: 700g, +42 dmg

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-04-2010

I would liketo see it do a 3-5% mana drain on top of it so that it's actually useful lategame.. Right now no one except warwick and maybe twitch/tristana can use it.

Barbedwire

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holepuncher View Post
I get wit's end often on teemo and have had success with it. I don't get it for the 42 mana drain, I get it for the 42 bonus damage.

Think about it, as long as the hero you are fighting has some mana, you're getting 42 extra damage on each hit.

B.F. Sword: 1850g, +50 dmg
Wit's End Recipe: 700g, +42 dmg

Seems like a fair deal to me.
THIS is the entire point of the item, which none understand.

You use it for it's +42 UNMITIGATED damage and never for the mana drain.
Do the math how much it's worth... 40%AS and 42 true damage....

Still people overlook this and just look at the pathetic mana drain -_-

rambo

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

I've considered it, but was always afraid to try on shaco.

jungle/gank starting off with madred's, zerker greaves, malady, whisperer (divine if there's dodge*****s like jax/nida), usually by this point they lost but I might try the wit's end instead of whisperer or after it. attack speed + procs + illusion = <3