Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DDOS prevention. Something to look at maybe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takaii

02-18-2014

Is there any chance of reversing Losses that were received in the past hour or so? Once again I lost a promo series due to disconnects on my team.. it's very disheartening

Tanthalason

02-18-2014

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&time=16120&view=map

Can you explain just a little of what we're seeing on the map? I mean I don't understand much about DDoS or hacking in general but I can tell theres an **** ton of "stuff" being placed into one location at the moment.

AAActive

02-18-2014

@RiotGradius well no one can get on to finish the match... is the game still live on you're servers? if so is it a battle of minions? or is it canceled?

The Nidja

Recruiter

02-18-2014

Does anyone knwo if its a group or what not thats doing this?

Only Malphite

02-18-2014

May I ask like a mature teenager, Why isn't there an East coast Server? Like, we want some action here and low ping as well haha. Are there techinical issues why there isn't one or is it a money issue? :S

WhatUlooking4

02-18-2014

Just wanted to say Thanks to riot Gradius.

shizam0ngler

02-18-2014

Quote:
RiotGradius:
Yup, I've wanted to find the right post to start a conversation in... but so many of them are "RIOT FIX YOUR SERVERS" .. and I really wanted to have a dialog, rather than a storm of that sort of message.

I don't mind chatting with you all (I'd actually prefer it over staying quiet), and I'd really like to address any questions that I can. I'll be honest, it's a ****ty situation to be in, and myself along with a lot of other Rioters, as well as other industry professionals are trying to solve this problem as a whole rather than slowly crawling our ACLS up our provider lists. It really does make me sad that any of your games get ruined because of a DDOS, which is even more motivation to kick our butts into high gear and get this problem solved.

when do you guys think you will solve these issues that have been going on for a few weeks now.

ryokufyre

02-18-2014

I would just like to know if it's always the same people launching these attacks, or just random people every time?

Valenten

02-18-2014

Quote:
Berz:
Also Santa, I want a pony, a Malibu Stacy convertible, any my parents to get back together.

Thanks.

Why the sarcasm? Those are all legitimate questions and concerns that he could answer.

Berz

02-18-2014

Quote:
H8sFata1mistakes:
Whatever the reasonable explanation for these "reflection attacks". It's pathetic that an industry with so many billions and Riot with its resources still haven't found a way to neutralize this. It has been going on for years.

In the past weeks the servers have been unplayable more than a half dozen times. Basically every night i get on we spend a large portion of our time not playing. It borders on incompetent that a monster company and industry like yours still has to resort to telling people "we're working on it". I'm not threatening to quit or anything over-dramatic like that. But I mean someone needs to take some responsibility, Riot: "it's not our fault, it's Cloudfare's fault". Cloudfare: "We're stumped and even if we knew we wouldn't tell you what's up". Everyone involved is tossing the hot potato around and ducking the blame.

This is starting to remind me of President Obama, nothing is ever his fault, and he's always oblivious to what is going on. But be ASSURED, hes working to fix it for you.......

I'm impressed, you managed to turn a hot-air-filled rant into an attack on Obama, is Fox on the phone?