To be honest, this game is a steamy pile of ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazarin

01-03-2011

- literally no hero balance...almost like no one even tried to balance this game
- nothing in place when teammates leave, no bots, just a couple minute penalty....
- Itemization is...worst Ive ever seen in a game, stack crit and att speed you win no matter what.

What is this company thinking?? let me guess you know what your doing because you got a game development degree from DeVry? I normally dont rage on a forum or even come to forums at all but.....Wow! Clap... Clap... Clap on a piece of **** game that cant hold a candle to Dota....

Kakashik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

You probably are just bad.

Kazarin

01-03-2011

probably.

NovaTheReaper

01-03-2011

Stacking attack speed and crit tends to lose it's effectiveness when your opponents no longer suck.

Kvo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

A) What level are you?
B) With each patch they attempt to further balance the champions. As of right now no one is really "unstoppable" you and your teammates just need to learn how to fight with and against each champion.
C) ... it sounds like someone on their team got fed. The champion that went around destroying everyone did he/she have a very high KDR? (Kill to Death Ratio?). If you let any champion get fed, they are most likely going to own, and it will take a lot of CC and ganging up on them to get a kill on them.

Also some champions are much better at towerdiving and being "OP" than others once they are fed. But anyone is going to be OP when they are +5 kills on anyone else.

ShadyGrave

01-03-2011

First of all dont say he's bad just because he's had a negitive experience that just makes you a troll and not supportive of someone new.

the balance is exceptionally good figuring you have 60+ champions. certain champs fit a different role. you arent gonna have a janna (support) 1v1 an olaf (melee dps) and even have an inkling chance of winning. the game is balanced around teamplay, not dualing. as that is true some champs excel in certain positions and dont in others. gl for udyr catching an ashe, but gl to ever kill him as ashe.

anyways enough with that what im saying is its pretty well balanced for teamplay. champs fit a certain role.

as and crit isnt actually all that good on most champs alone. i mean they have to put in damage and survivability. without that they are focused down at a frightning pace. only trynd can pull off the glass cannon build and not be penalized for lack of survivability. the champs all play differently, crit doesnt mean you will be top of the field.

as to leavers/afkers yes its a problem at a lower level but this isnt new to the dota system. in wc3 or hon the same problem exists. riot penalizes people who leave consistently and bans them for this type of behavior. as you get higher level you will suffer this far, far less. a simple solution to this is to play with a few players together, much less of a chance having someone just quit.

there is a smurf detection system in place for those that try to make a low level account, so it matches smurfs vs smurfs.

every 2 weeks riot works on balancing overpowered champs and buffing weak champs, fixing bugs, and improving the game. if there is a problem, they fix it. this is much better than a lot of blockbuster titles that will only fix it, months and months later, if even at all.

and at op, the way you write it makes you come off as a total ******* who is part of the problem in this game. if you had written it more formally or politely you wouldnt have gotten stupid responses but would have recieved more thought out responses. if you want to rage to go GD or OT. here, we have discussions about the game politely.

xpsychedelico

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazarin View Post
- literally no hero balance...almost like no one even tried to balance this game
Riot does try to balance champions, patch notes usually alter some champions that need fixing, or push the metagame into a certain direction. Of course it's impossible to have a completely balanced game because they will always keep adding things, but they try, and I can safely say no champion is OP unless some patch caused them to bug out in a good way--then it's hotfix time.

Quote:
- nothing in place when teammates leave, no bots, just a couple minute penalty....
If they queue dodge (leave in champion select), they get a time penalty. If they leave a game, they not only get no EXP or IP for the game, they also get less EXP and IP for the next 8 games. If they persistently leave, they will be banned for a short period of time. If this continues to go on, they will be permanently banned.

Quote:
- Itemization is...worst Ive ever seen in a game, stack crit and att speed you win no matter what.
Like others have mentioned, stacking AS and Crit is a terrible choice in decent games. Don't stand around champions who stack AS, walk around and out of their range and see them tickle you for 50. Get armor if you're dying to auto attacks, even better, get Thornmail and health, and watch them kill themselves trying to kill you. Just because you don't understand how to counter champions and items yet does not mean the game is bad.

OmniOmega

01-03-2011

Funny, you countered your first point with your third point.

At low levels, the game will appear to be imbalanced. This is due to difference in game knowledge between you and your opponents. Knowledge is power. Especially in a game that doesn't focus as much on dexterity and reaction time (like an FPS does), knowledge leads to a huge imbalance between players.

Kazarin

01-04-2011

I don't think im that bad, im level 12 with 36 wins 32 loses, my kdr has to be above a 1.0, 90% of my games I have more kills then deaths...hell most games I have 10-15 kills and under 5 deaths.....but none of that matters....as hard as i try and play, as many times as I kill the other team, it doesn't matter. All that you need to do in this game is have three players who don't leave, and push a lane to take out towers...that's it...or at least thats my experience so far....Ive lost games where I have 18 kills, mind you my teams total is usually 20-25, and the enemy will have like...say 10 kills and they still win, I know its a team game but....there is almost no emphasis placed on individual achievement or work.

cristinah

01-04-2011

But the idea of a team game is to play as a team.. why would there be emphasis on individuality? Obviously the only type of individual achievement or work IMO, would be playing your role as best as you can, whether it be to support your team, or carry them to victory.. but it's pretty much like communism, the whole before the individual, haha.