Great Game - But your experience with players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourRoleModel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2011

I've been playing LoL for a few months. I'm still learning the champs and items and flow of the game. (at least, fine tuning it...)

It seems like there are less leavers for me now. I've moved up in Level and ELO so that might have something to do with it. A lot of games, at least a few of us are on Skype, so, we have a little coordination and discussion about strategy and what the other team might do.

I've won about 10 more games than I've lost, and, typically, I have average to good KDA ratios with a few tower kills and often lots of minion kills. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Am I able to compete with top level ladder players? No. Do I have a doctorate in every exact thing to do at every exact second of LoL? No.

But, I try to be a good team player. I try to watch the mini-map, pick up dragon kills, support team-mates, push towers when appropriate, etc.

In spite of this... 90% of LOSSES... and maybe 35% of WINS... there is someone on my team blaming me for their deaths, blaming me for the loss, blaming me for their 2-14-2 ratio when I'm 10-9-4... crying to the other team about how I'm a noob and they'd have won but their team is crappy.

Of course, I'll self examine and I work to improve my game, but, it seems like the INSTANT you make ANY mistake, some jerk is raging about it.

I've noticed thousands of times when my teammates have made minor errors, or, didn't read my mind when I started a gank, or, didn't notice me running to them on the mini map...

I never rage at these guys. Especially if it seems like they're at least trying, I feel fine about it.

Why is it that this game is stock full of just the worst kind of people who expect to win no less than 100% of their games, and then, when they don't, and they're not even GOOD, they blame everyone else?

The first few dozen times it happens... you kind of blow it off... but then, for me, these people hit a sort of "tolerance wall" where I just can't take it. They all sort of become the same mindless jerk, and I feel this true anger towards them building up.

I find it's starting to ruin the game for me. My ability to deal calmly with one guy after another making mistakes and blaming either me or my teammates for it is diminishing rapidly.

I find myself feeling true good feelings towards any player who's just having a bad game and says, "Sorry guys, I'm feeding a bit, I'm doing my best." Because he KNOWS that making any mistakes in this game, or having the other team just be better, is NOT tolerated at all by SO many players.

I just want to know who the hell honestly thinks that they deserve to win 100% of their games and why it's everyone else's fault when they don't?

Please tell me I'm not alone in this frustration...

Souul Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2011

you're not alone.

lots of LOL players have these "teammates". I've been having them alot lately.

just do your best and try to co-ordinate with the rest of the team, I have no other advice ( -_- oh, how I hate these guys)

Veelivar

Recruiter

01-04-2011

Indeed, they pop up everywhere, and are the reason I always try to have a premade team of 5.

Best you can pretty much do is ignore them, with the /ignore command if it comes to that, too. Kill/death/assist stats don't lie.

As for the "people can't really expect to win 100% of games", a lot do. The sheer amount of times we've reached 25 minutes, with kills fairly even, that the team who has lost 1 more turret than the other side tries to surrender, and gets 3 passing votes. >>

I rage verbally at all these people to myself, or the boyfriend, but not to them. Not much you can do, except hope they cause enough teams to lose that they get kicked out of your Elo bracket, as harsh as it sounds.

Kilrathi

01-04-2011

Hate to say it, but it's the downside to a free game in an internet filled with social misfits who feel it's their right to rage on people. I usually either /ignore them or just try to take a leadership role on the team so at least the other players and I can try to have some success. I find that someone talking and coordinating things usually shuts up the whiners since then it becomes clear that they're the outlier and the one who's pulling the team down.

xpsychedelico

01-04-2011

I promise you it will get better when you start winning games, ragers are a small % of my games now. What you can do is to /ignore these people when they start going on a rage rampage, then befriend the good, friendly people who played decently on both teams, and try and queue with them for your next game. This will make your life easier, and have teammates who try and co-ordinate with you when you suggest or initiate something.

DarkangelKross

01-04-2011

me and my girlfriend have both noticed on my 2 accounts, one being level 12 and one being level 2 started last night, there is a lot and I mean a lot of rage in the lower levels. We are patiently waiting to the in game report feature to be implemented so we can report some of the more lets says disgusting ones.. I just want to play and have fun and not have to resort to yelling back to defend myself or her as new players who really aren't that great yet..

xpsychedelico

01-04-2011

There is an in-game report feature. Please report any players who verbally harass you or are intentionally making your game unfun.

At the end of the game, right click on the summoners to report them. You can let Riot know what they did, and Riot also has game and chat logs and can verify that your report is correct. You should also encourage your other team members or enemy team that saw their abusive behavior to report them as well.

YourRoleModel

01-04-2011

I feel like Peter on Family Guy running a "You know what really grind's my gears" segment.

I have a hard time not raging back at these guys. Especially the ones who dog you to "ALL" while rage pinging the map over and over again.

Some might say, "Well, if that many people are saying you suck, there might be something to it."

But the problem is, I genuinely am somewhat new to the game. My overall win/loss is above 500. I can't see my KDA totals, but, I'd bet that I have way more Kills and Assists than Deaths. And I'm getting pushes and tower kills too.

I know I've looked at the mini-map, called MIA, saved guys, tried to assist on a gank if I saw that it was about to happen fast enough, etc.

So like, short of quitting my job to play League 24/7 and hiring a pro-coach, I can't play "better" than I'm playing. Even if I'm in a lane playing against a better player, short of telling my team that I'm getting outclassed in my lane (which I do), and tower hugging (which I do), there's nothing that I can actually physically do to make myself have more APM, or 2 years of game-sense, or perfect gank timing.

It's as good as it can be, and there's nothing more that can be done.

But yet, you have to sit there and take the verbal beat down, game after game, and manage to stay patient.

My favorite is when their raging and verbal abuse finally trolls someone over the edge and then they say, "you mad bro?"

The reason that there is "ELO Hell" at all is simply that too many human beings are poor quality people. The game itself is fantastic, and it's the 20-25% of the community that wrecks it.

xpsychedelico

01-04-2011

If your teammates are getting to you, you should just /ignore them. This removes pings as well. If all they say can only negatively affect you, then you might as well silence them so you stop getting affected by what they say. There are many friendly, non-raging new players on this board as well, and you can always request them to add and play with you, and enjoy a good learning experience together.

Diarmhadi

01-04-2011

I just recently stopped playing world of warcraft. The people here can't say or do anything to this point that wouldnt just make me laugh. I've not played a game without a PM with my friends. but I get the other team being a bunch of real sorry winners / losers. Even when we get our butts handed to us, we've still had to deal with the "lolz ur bad" and the "badgame" right at the end. People are never satisfied.