Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I deserve Riot's love.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garthic

01-03-2010

Quote:
HairyDan:
D) From the few Europeans I have met on US LoL and Xbox live. I never want to paly with Europeans ever again. They give Britain a bad name.

Quoted for Truth

I normally talk to my friends on Skype though, and have even had a couple of people who have been watching my live broadcast join us on Skype and play a game with us whilst we were broadcasting. Good fun...

It's a sad thing indeed, when the only English people I (normally) meet on the interwebs, are those that give us a bad name (Insert "Bonjovi - You give love a bad name" here) - not surprising to find someone else who said exactly what I was thinking.

Etherin

01-03-2010

Thanks for helping (trying anyway) to grow our community!

GrimGriz

Recruiter

01-03-2010

Quote:
HairyDan:
I walked into my local GAME store today. For those ignorant amongst you that's the main, and bestselling game retailer in Britain. Where I live.

Wouldn't the GOA get the $$ from that purchase since you bought it in Europe and they handle European distribution?

Nabonidus

01-03-2010

Quote:
HairyDan:

C) I speak fluent English (surprising considering I'm English).
I have a good internet connection and a top-of-the-range homemade gaming computer. So I run full settings and never lag anyway.

This.

I have no problem with European players coming to US servers, so long as they can communicate with me. I LOATHE being put in a game with a 2-man premade who only speaks russian/french/etc. It's a team based game, and you're putting US players at a SEVERE disadvantage if you can't communicate.:/

FatalTalon

01-03-2010

Quote:
HairyDan:
I walked into my local GAME store today. For those ignorant amongst you that's the main, and bestselling game retailer in Britain. Where I live.

I then proceeded to walk to the PC games section and put a copy of LoL - Collectors Edition on the front of every single row of games (in GAME, the games are displayed like books in a bookstore, so 4 or 5 will be randomly placed in front of one another).

I <3 you riot. I hope you <3 me back.

NB. I saw about 4 or 5 people walking out of the store with a copy in their hands.

haha.

I've done indie game development before. (500,000+ ppl have played a couple of my games) It is bloody hard work. (why it's not my primary job haha) I respect what Riot and the dota people have done a ton.... PLUS their game is hella fun to play.

Because of that I've purcahsed riot points and I bought a copy of the game I saw in Best Buy to support them. It surprised me to see it there.

(and Zileas and his **** early drops destroyed me in SC a couple times long ago:P )

Brokroma

01-03-2010

Truth and hope in our Fatherland!
And death to every foe!
Our soldiers shall not pause to rest
We vow our loyalty

Old traditions they will abide
Arise young heroes!
Our past inspires noble deeds
All Hail Britannia!

Immortal beacon shows the way
Step forth, seek glory!
Hoist your swords high into the clouds
Hail Britannia!

Our Emperor stands astride this world
He’ll vanquish every foe!
His truth and justice shine so bright
All hail his brilliant light!

Never will he be overthrown
Like mountains and sea
His bloodline immortal and pure
All Hail Britannia!

So let his wisdom guide our way
Go forth and seek glory
Hoist your swords high into the clouds
Hail Britannia!

Redoubts

01-03-2010

Because of you, I'm watching a new anime series.

StaticFrog

01-03-2010

You inspire me

boni

01-03-2010

@OP
Well done.
Too bad GOA gets the money.

Quote:
HairyDan:

C) I speak fluent English (surprising considering I'm English).
I have a good internet connection and a top-of-the-range homemade gaming computer. So I run full settings and never lag anyway.

D) From the few Europeans I have met on US LoL and Xbox live. I never want to paly with Europeans ever again. They give Britain a bad name.

You speak for all EUs on the US servers here. I once played EU.. and it only took me a few games to remind me why I play on the US servers. :3
(Also, I started in closed beta, and I really didn't want to miss the updates. )

Shiny Carnage

Recruiter

01-03-2010

Quote:
Nabonidus:
This.

I have no problem with European players coming to US servers, so long as they can communicate with me. I LOATHE being put in a game with a 2-man premade who only speaks russian/french/etc. It's a team based game, and you're putting US players at a SEVERE disadvantage if you can't communicate.:/

The only people in North America who speak English are people from the United States ?