Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - When will you take the hints?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lavasioth

02-14-2014

Bump because Riot seems to be putting all their efforts into pro play rather than helping the community as a whole. Back before the whole esports thing took off they fixed things so much faster. A patch every two weeks.... but now we can't do that because "O NO THAT WILL MESS UP THE PRO PLAYERS"

Urdnot Entar

02-15-2014

Quote:
Lavasioth:
Bump because Riot seems to be putting all their efforts into pro play rather than helping the community as a whole. Back before the whole esports thing took off they fixed things so much faster. A patch every two weeks.... but now we can't do that because "O NO THAT WILL MESS UP THE PRO PLAYERS"

Too often, Riot's explanations don't really make sense. They might at first glance, but if you think about them a bit, they often turn out to be... really not acceptable, or at least in much need of explanation when people point out giant flaws (which is about when they generally stop posting in the topic).

As we've seen in the reddit link in the original post, the bugs are messing up the pro players.

JPlayah

02-15-2014

While I may not be noticing all of the bugs that you are, I agree that Riot needs to focus more on making the game function well, and that definitely means paying more attention to the players and what is happening in the game at all levels of play.

Urdnot Entar

02-16-2014

Bump.

Boswick

02-16-2014

I'm pretty sure an invisible Nid spear killed a player in the ClG vs TSM match tonight. The shoutcasters were conspicuously silent.

Urdnot Entar

02-17-2014

Quote:
Boswick:
I'm pretty sure an invisible Nid spear killed a player in the ClG vs TSM match tonight. The shoutcasters were conspicuously silent.

Yeah, I always find it hilarious when the shoutcasters totally noticed a bug, but they can't really say anything about it, so they get confused on what to do next. Not long ago I saw a game where a tower stopped shooting someone who dove under tower for first blood, so he got the kill and got away when he shouldn't. The caster was so sure he was going to die, and actually said he wasn't sure why he didn't

Urdnot Entar

02-19-2014

Sometimes I actually wonder if it's Riot policy to not discuss or address bugs unless they're really easy to fix. Maybe they think it's better to pretend they're not there, to "protect" the supposed integrity of the e-sports? Also a terrible idea since there are videos everywhere, but with how little they fix bugs or post in the Bug Reports forum, it makes you wonder.

PsychoB0b

02-19-2014

Quote:
Urdnot Entar:
Pantheon gets disabled (not nearly the first time)
Ranked queues get disabled
RP Purchases get disabled
The Bug Reports forum goes almost entirely without posts by Riot
People have been complaining about bugs for years, most of which never get fixed
Bugs interfere in pro games: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1xeruc/spoiler_snoopeh_silence_bug_prevents_kill_on/

League of Legends is very, very broken and in need of massive repair. In a game as precise and moment-by-moment, where every little thing matters, like League, the standards for bug fixing need to be MUCH higher. It could be an amazing game, but it's largely ruined by bugs. At least say something, say you're aware of them, tell us you're working on a huge bug fix patch, please.

Here, this should help you get started (a giant list of bugs, with more in the replies):
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4206919

Please bump and upvote if you agree!

...Just pointing this out....but do you have any idea how many bugs the smallest of changes can introduce? Every single patch of Minecraft introduces hundreds of bugs, and it's a WAY simpler game than this. It's also much easier to squish those bugs because thier easier to identify. If a minecart doesn't stick to the track...well that's a heck of a lot easier to figure out than say, Fizz's trollpole not disabling targetted skillshots properly.

What's more, some bugs...might appear to be fixed, but actually aren't. It's a complicated thing, and the solutions might not always make sense at times.

Urdnot Entar

02-19-2014

Quote:
PsychoB0b:
...Just pointing this out....but do you have any idea how many bugs the smallest of changes can introduce? Every single patch of Minecraft introduces hundreds of bugs, and it's a WAY simpler game than this. It's also much easier to squish those bugs because thier easier to identify. If a minecart doesn't stick to the track...well that's a heck of a lot easier to figure out than say, Fizz's trollpole not disabling targetted skillshots properly.

What's more, some bugs...might appear to be fixed, but actually aren't. It's a complicated thing, and the solutions might not always make sense at times.

Oh, I know, and I absolutely agree that game development is not easy and keeping a complicated game stable while introducing content is tough (though I feel that Minecraft bit was exaggerated). However, Riot leaves big bugs (ones that basically invalidate the match when they come up) in the game for years without so much as a mention. Most other games/companies handle this challenge much better, to the point where sometimes I wonder where all the development time is going at Riot.

captain buggyy

02-19-2014

bump