Hexakill should be enabled for Crystal Scar/Dominion not Summoner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

I was one of the PBE players who beta tested Hexakill and after a few games, I grew quickly disinterested in the game mode as it felt like a gimmick than a fun game mode.

http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends...8-6v6-dominion

I think 6v6 Dominion actually makes more sense than in any other game mode.

-No limitation on resources given that Dominion already has the highest passive experience and gold gains.
-Fast paced action that keeps all 6 players in the action all the time.
-Throwing an extra player into the mix will create even bigger battles at top or possibly a different strategy of putting a duo lane at bot which improves the viability of certain champions.
-With more players, it might give more power to AOE/AP type champions as opposed to bruisers.

Not sure what other points I can think of right now but I think it really deserves a closer look at the very least. Our greatest shame is that the community holds little interest in dominion but I think Dominion really does have its own game mode fleshed out and adding another player feels like natural progression as opposed to Hexakill on SR is more of a gimmick.

Feed Zac Candy

02-13-2014

Maybe it'll give dominion some traffic and people will play it then.

NocPat

02-13-2014

TBH, Dominion is actually the most fun and balanced mode in the game.

Everything we complain about in SR is meaningless there.

JoJoBeatsAll

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocPat View Post
TBH, Dominion is actually the most fun and balanced mode in the game.

Everything we complain about in SR is meaningless there.
The balance issues are just different.

It is the most fun though, to be sure, and individual players have the most chance to carry games out of any game mode, imo.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Zac Candy View Post
Maybe it'll give dominion some traffic and people will play it then.
I definitely think it would give dominion some traffic but not sure if its a good idea to just replace dominion with hexakill cause it wouldn't be fair to the hardcore dominion players.

I can also understand Riot having reservations about it since Dominion isn't exactly the most played game mode.

Hydoid

02-13-2014

Am trying to figure out how hexakill will add anything to the league. it's either double mid or top or double jungle.

How is that exciting?

r4ym4n217

02-13-2014

I completely agree with this. Dominion is an awesome game mode, and it deserves some attention.

Para

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydoid View Post
Am trying to figure out how hexakill will add anything to the league. it's either double mid or top or double jungle.

How is that exciting?
Its not. Infact I personally would say it brought more confusion to everyone overall than any excitement and maybe some sense of frustration that people kept thinking back to the standard play of 5v5 SR.

However with Dominion, it is different from the situation that SR has with the "standard" which allows players to experience 6v6 big fights without anyone being hampered by lack of resources on the map.

Rebonack

02-13-2014

This is the best idea.

More players on Dominion would mean that 2v2 comps bottom might actually become viable. It also means you have more champions to peel for Marksmen, allowing them to do their thing more easily without exploding. It also means you have more folks running around to stop back-capping ass clowns. It also means that AoECCluster**** compositions would have greater ability to flatter Fighters. It also means that champions will be less likely to wander around on their own, reducing the power of troublesome Fighters.

As one of the folks poking around in high MMR Dominion I can say without question that this is something that Riot needs to take a stab at. Set up Hexakill on Dominion. It'll result in more Dominion traffic and give us a chance to try something out that may very well improve the game mode if implemented.

The Fat King

02-13-2014

no screw you and **** you dominion fan boys. Dominion sucks my dick