Ask Xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAllPowerful1

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
(( I'm going to assume that asking a question a second time is fair game? ))

Dear Xerath

I have been seeing you on the Fields of Justice a lot more, and I'm glad you are getting about. I'm curious though... What's it like, not having a body or organic compulsions? What is it like to be a form of Pure Energy in a world like ours? Also, can others be taught how to levitate as you do? if so, I would like to learn at some point in time.

Respectfully
Summoner Kuronan.

He read the letter quickly then put his hands out in front of himself to look them over the way he had been a lot lately. with a sudden snap more paper appeared as always and he spoke to it.

"This form is not what I thought it would be, I am near all powerful but I lost a great deal of the life I ad before and the pleasures that it brought me. In this form I can not eat, sleep, or really feel anything. it's both hard and easy to live in our world like this. I lose the pleasures of being a human but I also lose the pains. It also makes it very hard to have the simplest of relations when I seem to have lost all sympathy and empathy with humans. I admittedly regret the ritual and hope to return very soon to a human form."

"As for levitation, yes others can learn to do this. It is magic and therefore knowledge anyone can learn with time and practice. It is really one of the simpler magic and if you wish to learn, once my project is complete I would be happy to teach you who summons me so often."

He again had it wrapped up and fly to it's destination.

((People can ask as many questions as they please =D Xerath needs the company and I hope to get more when his project is done.))

Kuronan

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllPowerful1 View Post
"This form is not what I thought it would be, I am near all powerful but I lost a great deal of the life I had before and the pleasures that it brought me. In this form I can not eat, sleep, or really feel anything. it's both hard and easy to live in our world like this. I lose the pleasures of being a human but I also lose the pains. It also makes it very hard to have the simplest of relations when I seem to have lost all sympathy and empathy with humans. I admittedly regret the ritual and hope to return very soon to a human form."

"As for levitation, yes others can learn to do this. It is magic and therefore knowledge anyone can learn with time and practice. It is really one of the simpler magic and if you wish to learn, once my project is complete I would be happy to teach you who summons me so often."
Kuronan would receive the message shortly after a match had ended. The summoner would eagerly open the message and begin reading, though Xerath's displeasure at his form would surprise Kuronan. None the less, Kuronan would not waste much time in writing a reply.

Dear Xerath

I must admit, hearing about your Ascended Form being something you regret has somewhat surprised me, but I think I can understand where you are coming from on that point... Kuronan would look away, thinking for a moment about his new found love. ...I can only hope you are successful in your endeavor to once again attain a mortal form, though I feel I must remind you that mortal bodies are not timeless and in doing this, you accept that one day you may well pass on from this world.

I am glad to learn your levitation magic can be learned, and am looking forward to hearing from you when your project is complete so I may learn such things myself.

Respectfully
Summoner Kuronan

He would frown as he remembers a match is occurring soon, and he knows he cannot deliver this himself. he sends the letter through the usual channels before returning to the Fields.

TheAllPowerful1

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
Kuronan would receive the message shortly after a match had ended. The summoner would eagerly open the message and begin reading, though Xerath's displeasure at his form would surprise Kuronan. None the less, Kuronan would not waste much time in writing a reply.

Dear Xerath

I must admit, hearing about your Ascended Form being something you regret has somewhat surprised me, but I think I can understand where you are coming from on that point... Kuronan would look away, thinking for a moment about his new found love. ...I can only hope you are successful in your endeavor to once again attain a mortal form, though I feel I must remind you that mortal bodies are not timeless and in doing this, you accept that one day you may well pass on from this world.

I am glad to learn your levitation magic can be learned, and am looking forward to hearing from you when your project is complete so I may learn such things myself.

Respectfully
Summoner Kuronan

He would frown as he remembers a match is occurring soon, and he knows he cannot deliver this himself. he sends the letter through the usual channels before returning to the Fields.
After reading this letter, Xerath felt as tho he needed to reply again. He needed to let the summoner understand his plan this summoner had called him many times to battle, and Xerath having no friends or family never had anyone to explain himself to. Being able to talk to another about such things my calm him also it would be nice to have another take on the plan.

"You see dear summoner, I have no way to truly become completely mortal again. But I have devised a plan that will let me come close. I will still not fear death nor face it anytime soon...for I will not exactly be mortal"

He stopped in his chant and the scroll froze in space; words no longer appearing on it. He had suddenly become unsure of what he was willing to share and what he wasn't. He wasn't sure he could be talked out of his plan and it was already in motion so there maybe no fear in telling another. He didn't really care if the summoners disapproved.

"I plan to posses a deceased body you see, and have it reinforced to take in my power. I I'm lucky I would like to be able to release my powers from the body in burst to make sure I do not destroy it. For that I have seeked out help from a fellow champion and I eagerly await his replay. But even in this mortal body It will never be truly my own. If this body is destroyed I will return to this state, so even if it withers and decays of age or injury I only need to find another."

"Maybe once I have my body I will be able to experience life as a human again, maybe make kinship I have lacked for so long. regardless of my plan working or not I hope to see you soon summoner."

He snapped his fingers and let the scroll fly.

Vinsancenara

02-19-2014

Dear Xerath The All Powerful One,

What is your most favorite magical tome to read?

~LaLuna~

TheAllPowerful1

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsancenara View Post
Dear Xerath The All Powerful One,

What is your most favorite magical tome to read?

~LaLuna~

Xerath read the letter and tried hard for a second to think of one bu
t nothing came to mind.

"It is hard to say, When I was a living mortal my favorite was whatever people didn't want me to read." he slightly laughed at the statement.

"It is only hard now because I don't usually read, I just us my magic to absorb the knowledge from multiple books at once and I once I have the knowledge it never goes away. so I don't find myself re-reading many tomes. I do Know the new Magi guide quit well...It's ancient and really out of date. But when I was alive and one of the best Magi in our circle they often asked me to teach new members so I used that book quit often in it's day. I guess by default that would have to be my favorite."

He sealed the scroll and let it fly.

Kuronan

02-19-2014

Quote:
"You see dear summoner, I have no way to truly become completely mortal again. But I have devised a plan that will let me come close. I will still not fear death nor face it anytime soon...for I will not exactly be mortal"

"I plan to posses a deceased body you see, and have it reinforced to take in my power. I I'm lucky I would like to be able to release my powers from the body in burst to make sure I do not destroy it. For that I have seeked out help from a fellow champion and I eagerly await his replay. But even in this mortal body It will never be truly my own. If this body is destroyed I will return to this state, so even if it withers and decays of age or injury I only need to find another."

"Maybe once I have my body I will be able to experience life as a human again, maybe make kinship I have lacked for so long. regardless of my plan working or not I hope to see you soon summoner."

He snapped his fingers and let the scroll fly.
As Kuronan read the scroll, he would be VERY surprised at Xerath's desire to be placed within a deceased body. Although he detested the dark art of Necromancy, he none the less respected Xerath and knew he was not doing this out of a sense of megalomania. He began to write his next letter carefully.

Dear Xerath

While I'm sure you do not need to be reminded, attempting to alter the state of any non-living being is highly frowned upon, and in most city states an illegal practice. Although I know you do not do this for the wrong reasons, I feel urged to remind you that this is very dangerous ground you tread upon, and I sincerely hope you are careful in both how you will acquire these bodies, and that you give the utmost care not to disturb any relatives of the deceased when doing so or when inhabiting said body.

I am not sure you would believe my word when I suggest this, but I have also bonded with Viktor many times, and would suggest you ask him for assistance with this. I would also highly recommend you ask him to craft a body out of Techmaturgy rather than using a body as a catalyst. I have no doubt in my mind that Viktor would be very willing to help you in this, whatever you decide to do.

All the best,
Summoner Kuronan

AskCorpMundo

02-20-2014

Quote:
((Sure we can talk about it at least, I'm a stickler for plot hols so in order for me to be pleased we just need to fill them by answering the obvious questions. ((I have been writing a book for 9 years so this kinda things gets to me.)) such as we'll need to know how exactly he survived the blast because in Xerath's judgment people around him where killed and also we can't have them have locked your character away same a Xerath because it would give them the exact same lore, so we need to know how you have lived for thousands of years to still be around etc. Stuff like that, which we can talk and figure out. also it means will have to work together on what Xerath's life was like before the ritual which I plan to incorporate since you character will be involved and I have a big project/plan for what to do with Xerath on this thread which you character could end up closely involved so we may need to talk about that as well. sorry if this is over whelming #authortroubles))
(Well, I'd sorta believe this to be worked out as I RP with him, but if you could PM me sometime, we could work things out. Btw, he's not supposed to be a really serious OC.))

TheAllPowerful1

03-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskCorpMundo View Post
(Well, I'd sorta believe this to be worked out as I RP with him, but if you could PM me sometime, we could work things out. Btw, he's not supposed to be a really serious OC.))
((Sorry I take everything rather seriously, we can still discuss it.))

TheAllPowerful1

03-30-2014

((I'm still around, have been active but not in my thread so bump))

Kuronan

04-02-2014

(( I probably should have said this sooner, but if you ever want to surrender Xerath, I'd take the mantle. ))