Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bot behavior update on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bellissimoh

Producer

02-12-2014

<div class="legacy-vbulletin"> <div class="article-body"> <p>Hey all,</p><p>I'm here to chat with you guys about bots and the changes we're making to bot behaviors. &nbsp;The goal of these changes is to make a new player's transition from Co-Op vs AI to normal PVP smoother by having bots make more human-like decisions in game.</p><p>So, for the last few months, we've been yanking the circuit boards from the Beginner and Intermediate bots and reprogramming them to bring new life to the AI while laying down a solid foundation for future updates. The changes include (but aren't limited to):</p><ul><li>How bots understand their strength compared to nearby allied and enemy champions</li><li>How bots react to overwhelming enemy strength</li><li>How bots position and farm in lane</li></ul><p>Our goal isn't to make Diamond-level bots, but to make the AI play less like a bot and more like a person. We want bots to consider the same things you do when you make decisions in game. Part of what makes League of Legends so fun is the variety in player behavior. No matchup is the exact same. If we can reduce bot predictability in Co-Op vs AI, then mission accomplished.</p><p>We made these changes to a core set of 15 bots at the moment so you'll only run into these core bots for a while on PBE. As we get feedback from you guys, we'll tweak the bots and crank out the remaining ones to add back into the pool. We've mobilized the bots and look forward to hearing what you guys think!</p><p>By the way, don't worry that this is the beginning of the robo-pocalypse. We programmed them according to the Three Laws of Robotics. They'll never turn on us...right? Guys?</p> <style type="text/css"> .article-body .region-na, .article-body .region-br, .article-body .region-eune, .article-body .region-euw, .article-body .region-tr { display:none; } </style> </div> </div>

down4zero

02-12-2014

cool and thanks

Austinodood

Recruiter

02-12-2014

sounds great ^_^

also
diamond level bots would be fun.

MrMartinWg

02-12-2014

So first win of the day will take more than 10 minutes?

SNSD Breaker

02-12-2014

Good Change, I remember quitting CO-OP vs AI and man did i get sht on by everyone in normals lol.

Starrow

Recruiter

02-12-2014

No diamond lvl bots? Damn

SlumlordThanatos

02-12-2014

Bot-pocalypse.

But seriously. We need Hard bots. Bots that regularly use Flash and use their abilities to jump over walls. Bots that don't mindlessly harass you every time you walk into range. Bots that jungle and counterjungle.

Bots that can regularly beat human players.

TastyPotatoX

02-12-2014

can you make them easier please? they always kick my butt then taunt me so I cry.

A Zubat

02-12-2014

Cool, glad to hear there's something being done about them.

Thatotherguy6

02-12-2014

I know it is basically impossible but in the far future would you ever want to make bots jungle? Its not necessary and i do not feel entitiled or anything but hey, its an idea.