Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMangoBear

08-16-2014

Skarner sucks...

http://i.imgur.com/urWrcJE.png

Wait what? 22/5/9?! 16/3/15?!

For all of you wondering what build to do, don't copy mine exactly. Skarners build is completely dependent on who's fed on the other team or whatever you need the most.

Troy242621

08-16-2014

Well, post-rework he was useful for one patch. Now he's garbage again. Thanks, Rito.

Venowolf

09-05-2014

I like Skarner, and his new kit is good, except for one thing. His E, is entirely useless. It either deserves a major buff. The slow it does is not incredibly at all, and the damage is laughable and miniscule. It's so bad, most players just avoid this skill entirely, throughout the whole game, and only get points in it last, because you have to. Others only put 1 point to try to gank in early but is not best skill to gank in pre-6.

Why is this skill so weak? What are points we should focus on? I have all the answers.

CD: Let's be honest, the CD of this skill is pathetic. It is barely a skill shot, as it only goes about 12 secs for 2.5s and is very easy to dodge. This removes the ability to possible get a kill on weak escaping champions. Though, Skarner is a champion designed to get right up next to his opponent, so, the skill supposed to be used when you are directly next to your opponent. It's not recommended, because the time it takes to cast it (which is small, but does make a difference, maybe is better allow it cast his E in movement), allows the opponent to get farther away from him, which is exactly what Skarner does not want. Maybe reduce his CD if he hit's more enemies or some like that.

Damage: This is the biggest problem with the skill, recently halved all the base damage and scaling, it does literally nothing. The damage is completely laughable in every respect. The damage is so pathetic, you're better off not using it, and just continuing to chase your opponent, and pressing Q. This, in my opinion, needs a definite buff or new mechanic.

Why not add a new mechanic like a Healing like his previous E that allow Skarner heals by a % dependant of the damage done, If Skarner hit more enemies the healing is higher so is a prize by landing his skill shoot. Maybe healing a 20% of the total damage of his E, this can add more tankiness and turn more viable in the top lane.

I really want a new mechanic in his E the damage is not existant and can recived a new buff to compesate this. the healing factor oe the cd reduction by enemies hitted.

I like his actual kit but his E new some more to complete him.

Pyrrasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2014

Am I the only one who thinks Skarner is fine? His E is fine too. It'd be nice with a lower cooldown but I don't think that's necessary at all.

Venowolf

09-05-2014

His E have non existant damage and not much utility at all, I want some new and I put 2 options:

A - Reduce his E cd by the number's of enemie's hitted maybe 0.5s and doubles the amoun in enemy champs.

B- Put the healing mechanic that heal Skarner some amount depending of the total damage (ridicoulous damage) that causeshis E, so if you hit more enemies, you health more,maybe 20% of the total damage.

I really feel usseless his E.

Cloud273

09-07-2014

Bump for awareness. People clearly aren't happy with new Skarner, so changes are necessary to make him fun again.

UnicornPurple

09-18-2014

bump

lxl RockBall lxl

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venowolf View Post
His E have non existant damage and not much utility at all, I want some new and I put 2 options:

A - Reduce his E cd by the number's of enemie's hitted maybe 0.5s and doubles the amoun in enemy champs.

B- Put the healing mechanic that heal Skarner some amount depending of the total damage (ridicoulous damage) that causeshis E, so if you hit more enemies, you health more,maybe 20% of the total damage.

I really feel usseless his E.
Yeah his E need more utility the damage is non-existant.

I really like the 2nd option, He is a tank but don't have any way of sustain so with that option he can help a little. with that "damage" he health are minimal but useful.

pls Scruffy put that 20% of damage has health in his E.

Kendono

09-23-2014

Well, even the remake, he is kinda still forgotten and rarely used as a competitive pick. Will keep bumping this thread like the cass one.

Kagami

09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud273 View Post
Bump for awareness. People clearly aren't happy with new Skarner, so changes are necessary to make him fun again.
I dunno since the stun passive I kinda of enjoy him still, he's just a super niche pick currently.