Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BSHMFWFM

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We still have plans for Skarner, mostly in the realm of bringing excitement and a bit of the old identity that people liked about the old Skarner back.

We can keep a lot of the gameplay gains (versatility, windows of power/weakness) and add a bit more stickiness/cc control that people liked about the old kit. I've been in ongoing discussions about these changes with a lot of the team, and I should get down to implementing them sometime next week. When we have a more final changelist, I'll let you know what we intend to do.
First revert the renger rework and we'll call it a day

MajorPain9

04-05-2014

Quote:
We still have plans for Skarner, mostly in the realm of bringing excitement and a bit of the old identity that people liked about the old Skarner back.

We can keep a lot of the gameplay gains (versatility, windows of power/weakness) and add a bit more stickiness/cc control that people liked about the old kit. I've been in ongoing discussions about these changes with a lot of the team, and I should get down to implementing them sometime next week. When we have a more final changelist, I'll let you know what we intend to do.
Don't you think its a bit of an issue leaving the entire kit that still revolves around permaslow and have it be reliant on rushing an item to give him permaslow?

Anyways thanks for at least replying. This entire experience is being made rather frustrating having to get a simple "we are looking into it." Regardless though, thank you for popping your head in.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:

Been waiting for a response, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'll say I'm cautious at the moment; I'll wait to see the change list.

Snowdayy

04-05-2014

Quote:

As long as you don't nerf his overall damage I am fine with that. He already lost a lot of power at lv 3 and earlier on because you need to put a point on E if you intent to gank. Skarner used to beat Lee sin with the preworked Skarner at lv3, and beyond.

Yesteday, I tried 1v1 Lee sin with the new Skarner, and it ended up costing me a double buff.

You should look at giving him back his early power that he lost.

Try to find somebody on your team that actually has experience playing Skarner, that should help you guys out making some final changes.

Xenalth told in a previous thread that he participated in the rework when he barely played him, that's not very encouraging.

Numot

04-05-2014

Quote:

And this is why riot needs to back off on the Fiora rework, they all end like this. If Guinsoo is allowed to completely mutate Fiora like he plans too months from now you will be saying

"We still have plans for Fiora, mostly in the realm of bringing excitement and a bit of the old identity that people liked about the old Fiora back."

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Balance him around the permaslow.

Crazy thought :P

Jace77

04-05-2014

Hey Scruffy... if you really want to give Skarner a boost. you REALLY need to think about making the speed boost and shield separate effects. its really annoying how some champs can oneshot the shield AND apply a slow. which means... no more chasing.
Does the slow have a cast time? cause id rather have a much slower missile speed to not stutter when casting it.
as for the slow. it doesnt feel very good till it has a couple points in it... which means you arent putting points in the shield( goes away faster -> no more speed) or you q( ie all the damage). if you want it to be the utility ability make it have a better level 1.
personally i enjoyed the old skarner alot. but then he got nerfed and his items got nerfed and i never felt as useful playing him. FoN will be forever missed. I personally miss it because of the MR + MS combo. perhaps slow resistance instead of health regen? thematically make it an item to make it harder to slow you down magically?
but back to skarner.

currently the slow feels awkward at low levels and I have a personal hatred for losing my movespeed when i lose my shield. I know the shield is what gives the movespeed thematically but still makes it harder for skarner to engage / disengage if he is only faster while not losing hp. (if he wasnt made of crystal and tried to movefast but lost his rain coat while in the rain would he suddenly slow down? i dont think so.)

Hawkefire

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
And this is why riot needs to back off on the Fiora rework, they all end like this. If Guinsoo is allowed to completely mutate Fiora like he plans too months from now you will be saying

"We still have plans for Fiora, mostly in the realm of bringing excitement and a bit of the old identity that people liked about the old Fiora back."
Truth be told it would be fairly hard to screw up her kit further with the direction that he (Guinsoo) appears to be taking her. Plus, unlike the last couple reworks (from Scruffy) this one isn't designed to throttle back power, it is designed to give it. At least that's what I interpreted. Plus, many of the Fiora players who main her feel that her identity should be more solidified (something she lacks currently), which will make her rework at the very least 10 times smoother because they will be fully expecting some form of relatively small identity change.
Plus, Guinsoo is pretty darn good at making champions so he should be at the very least decent at remaking one

Velkoz Reloaded

04-05-2014

Quote:

Hey Scruff,

Out of mild curiosity, can you give us a heads up at what you guys are looking at? I feel like most of us would feel more confident about it if we felt in the loop.

Anyway, thanks for the response. I look forward to seeing what you guys do.

P Chro

04-05-2014

Quote:

Thank you for the response Scruffy. I look forward to hearing about what you're looking at.