Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoezOfRain

04-04-2014

Skarner is actually really fun and can be friggin op.........in U.R.F mode. Riot, please take a strong note from U.R.F Skarner

CliqueCrow

04-04-2014

I haven't tried him in U.R.F yet, but I can easily see the fun factor there. Too many punctures, not enough enemies

Ishamael8

04-04-2014

he's beyond OP in URF actually haha, I'd say the strongest champ in it, I've won probably 25 out of my last 30 games with him in it. easily 20+ kills every match.

EchoezOfRain

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliqueCrow View Post
I haven't tried him in U.R.F yet, but I can easily see the fun factor there. Too many punctures, not enough enemies
build straight up AP. Don't worry about tanky items, just straight up ap. I usually start with W to stay safe until level 3. Smart enemies SHOULD just dive you or your lane partner, but nobody does, so W will just take care of any pokes. At lv 2, get E. This will let you safely harass, along with CS help. At lv 3, get Q and just dive. If you have a decent lane partner, they will back you up too. You should already be winning fights at this time. I personally max W first to stay alive and tanky since I don't build any tank items. Max Q 2nd, then E 3rd. Ulti is on a 20 sec or so CD. If you land an Ult, just spam dat Q as you drag them away. You might get around 4 Q's off before ulti ends

Only Issue I've ran into was LeBlanc

Also, a suggestion! If Skarner grabs a champ with Ulti, casting E hits the ult'd target, but also firing a spray of shattered crystals that hit other enemies. Casting W doesn't affect skarner, but covers the enemy in a slowing, crystal casing when they get out of the ult.

Venus Project

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakdosRageMutt View Post
C'mon Riot. Xelnath, Scruffy, someone... please just let us know what's going on?
Ghostcrawler?

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech Lord Yhnmk View Post
Well a patch where rengo's rework hits but skarner remains left in the dust. Hopefully scruffy posts something today or tomorrow with good news, but after that I guess skarner is officially dead, IMO the best thing to do is just boycott playing him till he gets a better fix, if his play rate is 0% Riot will have to do something.
People have been boycotting Skarner for months. He has the second lowest pick rate, behind only Urgot.

encyclopedea

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliqueCrow View Post
I'm having a hard time using all the facts you're throwing at me to put together a coherent argument. From your standpoint he is bad because people tell you his is bad so that's it. And I'm not sure you are following me either. I was simply saying I have fun with him and that Riot did a good job. You puffing out your chest and being rude isn't a counter-argument, its 3rd grade antics. Sorry you get so worked up about a game and all, sheesh.

Sorry, tempers tend to run a little high around here because we feel quite annoyed with Riot, and Scruffy in particular. Many players, from all levels of skill ranges, said no to this rework before it was even released onto PBE. Even many of those who agreed with the rework wanted some changes done. However, Scruffy almost completely disappeared before the rework hit PBE, and even when he did post something, it was horribly out of touch with what the community wanted. So, as you can imagine, people tend to be a little ticked off because of this.

In terms of your earlier posts, you are completely entitled to enjoy playing Skarner. You are completely entitled to post that here. However, if you do, the best way to avoid getting bashed is to explain why you like playing him- not the ways you have fixed the problems that he has inherently by picking different summoner spells or building different items, just a step-by-step analysis of why you enjoyed playing him. A post containing something like that would give both the community and Scruffy MUCH more to work with than "HE'S FUN LOL, STOP BASHING CAUSE I SAID A CHAMPION WAS GOOD, NOOBS" (not exactly what you said, but its actually fairly close, and it's probably how the community sees it).

Skaarrjj

04-04-2014

Skarner is actually fine, he could use some small changes such as making his E slightly faster travel time, and I feel he should have higher base movement speed equal to Master Yi.

But no, Skarner is excellent, people keep playing him and building him wrong.

Ledinax

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
In the present and immediate future, we will keep balancing Skarner and make sure he's a viable pick. You should definitely expect to be able to play Skarner and be successful. In the long term Skarner could go for some changes that bring some more excitement and uniqueness to his kit.

No changes in 4.5, so... I'll assume you just lied to us.
AGAIN.

MajorPain9

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
Skarner is actually fine, he could use some small changes such as making his E slightly faster travel time, and I feel he should have higher base movement speed equal to Master Yi.

But no, Skarner is excellent, people keep playing him and building him wrong.
No offense dude, but your level 25. You don't even have all your runes yet.