Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genow

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
A spam orientated champion isn't allowed to spam? Also have you seen his E cost?
You can spam in teamfights, just don't spam Q too much in the jungle?

I don't want to say much cuz I'm still testing builds, but all I'm saying is try different stuff out

BurntBacon8r

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by encyclopedea View Post
Feral Flare also makes going Wriggles a very viable option on Skarner.
Hm, maybe instead of selling my spirit stone/machete halfway through the game I may be able to actually build something useful!

EchoezOfRain

04-03-2014

Skarner, I miss your kind...

encyclopedea

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
A spam orientated champion isn't allowed to spam? Also have you seen his E cost?

I don't use his E on camps even when I have blue..... With Feral Flare, you can clear camps much faster, so you don't need to spam your abilities as much. It also makes him stronger in fights. TBH, you don't need to stay in the jungle forever, you only need to get through a clear or 2 with a gank in between. If you don't spam your W and E (which you don't need to do thanks to the sustain from FF), Skarner has easily enough mana to accomplish this.

Mech Lord Yhnmk

04-03-2014

Well just calling it, time of death 2:01 am April 4th RIP Skarner, Crystal Vangaurd no more.

Velkoz Reloaded

04-03-2014

C'mon Riot. Xelnath, Scruffy, someone... please just let us know what's going on?

CliqueCrow

04-03-2014

I've been playing a lot of Skarner recently and I honestly think he's great. I admittedly didn't play him very often before the re-work so if he is in fact "worse" I don't see it. I have a lot of fun with Skarner and I feel like he's a really good jungler, who is in all honestly a niche' pick vs teams that know what's up, but I still feel like Riot did this one right.

Good work Riot, keep it up! ^^

Shaella

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliqueCrow View Post
I've been playing a lot of Skarner recently and I honestly think he's great. I admittedly didn't play him very often before the re-work so if he is in fact "worse" I don't see it. I have a lot of fun with Skarner and I feel like he's a really good jungler, who is in all honestly a niche' pick vs teams that know what's up, but I still feel like Riot did this one right.

Good work Riot, keep it up! ^^
Scruffy please go and stay go

Obvious sockpuppet

oic869

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Ya, interesting stuff in your rework. One issue I could see happening with your suggested changes are that his slow is totally dependent on the shield holding, which can lead to him getting a really long really powerful slow or almost no slow at all.
it would totally fix scarner for me if you made the shield and move speed buff on w non dependant on each other so you get the sheild and a ramping move buff. what it feels like now is you either rush in with your shield and once it breaks your dead in the water or you try to escape with it and it gets broken so you lose the buff. IT FEELS BAD.

CliqueCrow

04-03-2014

Uhh not a sock puppet but thanks? Love the hate bandwagon every one is on though, seems like a grand ol' time!