Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felixphaeton

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSJH View Post
If Skarner is supposed to be among the strongest of his race and he has to make it safe for them to surface I'm pretty sure those bugs aren't coming out of the ground any time soon.

RiotScruffy I applaud you for making a champion have a lower pick rate than Sion and Galio. It's truly remarkable how you can do this and then decide the champion only needs minor buffs. Also I can't think of a single way the new Skarner isn't just as feast-famine as before, if not more because he needs items to actually stick to anything.
His movespeed bonus is even MORE feast-famine. Before, you actually got a nice bonus on the front end of your shield, even if it does get broken quickly.

Now, you get jack squat.

lightingsky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2014

E - Fracture
MISSILE WIDTH 60 ⇒ 70
MISSILE SPEED 1400 ⇒ 1500

lol, Really? Thats it?

CamoClad

03-17-2014

@ Riot Scruffy

If Skarner's pick rate is so low, how do you intend to get enough viable data to make any buff/nerf? I understand the idea of not wanting to release a champion that is so OP that the only thing you have left room for is nerfs, but if you release a champion so UP that no one wants to play them, how do you gain enough sampling size to make any meaningful changes? For anything that you want an honest degree of viable data dealing with a large overall group, you must first attract them to the product. If you release something so underwhelming that only a sparse few have any desire to try, then what hope does the product have for a future? Sadly, this kind of gaming system almost forces one's hand in making the new shiny thing OP enough to draw more folks to it in order to get enough data to see what truly is OP and what is UP. Sad, but nerfs seem to be the balanced method of the most success.

I can honestly say that I was excited for the rework as I really did like playing Skarner as he was one of the non-human champs that was unique in that fact that he was not overly evil. Then the release came and I kept trying to make sense of it all in the games I played. Things just never clicked again. Sadly, I find myself playing league of legends less and less in favor of other games as I do not see the silver lining it just waiting for more of my favorite champs to possibly be reworked into oblivion. Was this rework need, perhaps, perhaps not, but at the pace that these "buffs" are going, what is the ballpark date of when Skarner might once again, be fun to play or even viable on the competitive scene? If the buffs move too slowly, the player base will move on and Skarner will be forgotten as that last of his kind.

Karede

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightingsky View Post
E - Fracture
MISSILE WIDTH 60 ⇒ 70
MISSILE SPEED 1400 ⇒ 1500
@RIOTSCRUFFY -

This is freakin pathetic man. You need to sit down and figure out what the plan is with Skarner. He doesn't work right now. He's got nothing that separates him from the pack. This is a bad ganker, a bad team-fighter, and only a good duelist if they chose to literally sit and exchange dps.

THIS IS OFFENSIVE, SCRUFFY.

At this point, PLEASE say straight out what you think Skarner's role is, and why he does something better than other champions. Because right now he has no role to play, no damage, no ganks, nothing... This champ isn't garbage tier, this is freakin dung-heap tier. There is absolutely no reason to pick this champ other than you want to handicap yourself.

He isn't fun to play. He isn't popular. He isn't a strong pick. He isn't any good whatsoever. His kit doesn't scale. His kit doesn't synergize. He is a walking 90 second melee blitz pull.

It's been months now Scruffy... Since November we've been saying this **** over and over to you, and you just ignore all of it. Enough jerking around already.

CAN YOU DO SOME WORK ON SKARNER PLEASE? It's been months... I'm about ready to march the 15 miles from my house to Riot and show your freakin boss how many pages of people BEGGING you to help have been completely ignored. YOU STARTED THIS FREAKIN THREAD SCRUFFY, STOP IGNORING US.

EchoezOfRain

03-17-2014

its amazing, the progress we're making here. we're getting absolutely nowhere with you, Scruffy. A majority of the feedback, almost 100% feedback, is saying the exact same thing, yet you've made no progress at all, and haven't fully acknowledged the vast amount of feedback we're giving. It seriously can't be that hard.

At this point, just give skarner an entire kit rework, something completely different from what he has now. If you're so intent on removing what makes skarner skarner, then completely rework him and make him stand out amongst other champs in different aspect. HE'S AN ENERGIZED CRYSTAL SCORPION! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CAN BE DONE WITH THAT!?

Hawkefire

03-17-2014

I must say, I fear for the Rengar rework with the state of this one

KnightOfOrder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2014

"S-see guys? We are still care about Skarner and we gave him the buffs he needed r-right?"

Thanks Scruffy, now that +10 width and +100 speed are everything he needed, perfectly viable, maybe even OP... sigh.

P Chro

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I see a bunch of posts about a mechanic where a Q or auto could extend the E slow. This is actually pretty reasonable and is something that we could do. Realistically if we added this mechanic, we would not be able to buff the slow amount as much. In this case, as a Skarner player, which would you rather have?

-A stronger E slow like proposed with same 2.5s duration

or

-A (less than first option) stronger E slow that can be extended for additional time with Q or auto attack damage

I'm glad that we are having some good suggestions on ways to improve the kit and both of these mechanics could work out well.
When this post was made there was about 90% support for option 2. Afterwards we got this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey, the patch deadline came fast for us so we were only able to do low scope balance changes (no mechanics), but here's what is on pbe:

-Q mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-E slow amount increased from 30/35/40/45/50% to 45/50/55/60/65%

These are up on pbe, so check him out and bring your feedback back about the changes.

-Scruffy
This post seems to imply that Scruffy listened to us and just didn't have time to put option 2 into action yet. (KEY WORD: YET)

Now we are two patches after this post and still haven't seen any movement towards option 2.

@Scruffy: Why did you ask us this question if you were going to actively ignore the answer?

We don't want stronger skillshot. We want synergy in our kit. We want our graphical mark to do something. We want a champion who is more than an R button.

I have experienced better communication from a stoned, minimum-wage movie theater employee than you have shown anyone in this thread.

BrickRocket

03-17-2014

Making his e easier to land doesnt fix what skarner players are complaining about.

he has no stick, once his slow wears off he cant keep up.

why are you so reluctant to give skarner buffs, is he really THAT problematic?

Muranodo

03-17-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq7Um2L6wxk

Just another video commentary from TheOddOne. May have seen it on reddit.