Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VectormanII

01-08-2011

i want a refund please.

The Enslaved

01-08-2011

yes shes awesome but pllleeeease now make a boy champ, and plz make another huge monster like Chogath. until further notice Phreak

Aliwas

01-08-2011

early... imba.. but soon nerf!!!! LAME!!!!!!

SupremeDeity

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeefcake View Post
is her yordle trap similar ti teemos shrooms in that she can spam them all over the map? And do they give vision like teemos shrooms.
I'm pretty sure she can put only two at a time and they offer no vision, I've seen them ingame and if you look in the spotlight while he's demonstrating where to place them, you'll see that when he puts the second one down, the other one snaps up and disappears.

SupremeDeity

01-08-2011

Personally, I think she's going to become one of those dead end characters like Garen, where they do lots of damage early game, but can't do anything 40 minutes in... usually.

BroccoliBroccoli

01-08-2011

i am very sad that i bought this champ. the idea was good though.

PantsROverRated

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiriko View Post
This Champion is junk.
She scales horribly with damage items, horribly with survivability items.

I played her in a few live games yesterday and then some bots games, so I could prolong the game and try many different builds.
And, obviously every game I have been in for the last 24 hours has had a Caitlyn in it.

Personally, I go right for this champ. Lowest base health in game, super soft and hardly any way to get away.
I see her VISIBLE traps on the ground and even when they are max leveled I walk right into them, for laughs.
Her Q is easily avoidable, and her Ult is horribly weak. If your not 1 hit from being dead and running for your life, her ult will do nothing. On top of that her Ult is easlly mitigated by another champ.

The fact that this champion is 975RP/6300 IP is a joke. Seems like just a money maker to me. It also makes me question with how fast these champs come out, how much balance is really being considered.

I own almost every champ in the game and I can say that this champ is right up there with Kayle in the useless factor.

Just my opinions.

Common, a good Kayle can be usefull

Noobseeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

I finally managed to get enough IP and got her from the store
I tried her out and.. what can I say.. She's even cooler than i'd expected! Great job on making this char, Riot! She's awesome! Also my new main champ ^^
I'd still apritiate some buff on her though.. also why the heck does pantheon block her ultimate with the aegis? Why?

Huicho

01-09-2011

Basicaly i think she is a really good champion.

First : I am ALL TIRED of those super imba unstopable when fed champions who just 1 hit you and their skills NEVER MISS .

Second : Her skills aren't so bad after all ) The Q will be no problem if you are good at skillshots and sometimes even if you are not.Sure it does low damage after 20 mins or so but that won't be a problem if your team is good.The traps are really good...Who cares if you can see them?You can lure the champion (if he is somewhat bad and doesnt pay atention) into the trap while he is chasing you , you can plant it in a bush while being chased OR EVEN ON OPEN GROUND , because i dont think anyone will pay atention to the traps while chasing you while you have 1 hp ) . The E skill isnt really a big deal but so far every wall i tried to get over (like using flash) i got on the other side , so i dont really see why you all complain that it doesnt work like flash?!? And NOW THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR (probably not) Her R.Her R i dont really know what to talk about it.It is obviously made for a super ultra little hp finisher . Dont expect to hit 1000 just from the R...Its bull**** to do something like this ) Just now when is the time to shoot it and even then if you dont get the enemy..Who cares its only one kill.

Third : Stop complaining that she is awful for fighting enemy champions. With a passive like this it is a piece of cake to farm minions.A minion gives you ~25g and a enemy champion kill gives you ~300g .What does that mean? It means One wave of minions (6 minions) ((7 if there is this big guy)) will give you 6x25 = 150g.Minions waves spawn at ~20-30 secs so for 1 minute you get the gold you get for 1 kill which isnt even 100% sure that you will get .Pretty spot-on huh?

There are alot more things that i can talk about but i don't have time to do + probably the responses that i am going to get (if i get any) are gonna be some no-lifers who just like to hate and stuff like that SO i don't think i will waste my time with this

I just wrote a few sentences to show you my opinion and to try changing yours ) Oh and i wont be suprised if i get alot of hating , i am infact a bad player , but i tried to make you change your mind about the champion )

P.S : Atlast , my first post I dont write in the forums because i find my opinions in some posts and the other 99% of the posts are whining about new maps , more champion (man champions now-days) and other stuff like that. This game is good enough for me and i dont need MORE AND MORE AND MORE stuff .I like it the way it is.Sure there are some thing that can be done .Well to bad for the impatient ones )

That will be all from me.Take care and please...Please stop whining and insulting the guys at Riot...The game says Free To Play...So you will play what you get for free ) If you want a perfect game make it yourself.Haha

asterix1234

01-09-2011

and the new champion is???
after caitlyn