Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TorsoReaper

01-05-2011

Had someone last night try to net herself away from me and use it like flash. I was ROFL. Needless to say she was fisted to death 5 steps later. I really don't know what role she is supposed to play other than early game harasser. Ashe has better CC for a TF late game, MF is just as good early game and has more TF ability as well. Even tristana is better because she can at least push towers. Can anyone tell me why they would pick her other than to "mix it up"? I don't feel she's competitive.

Mikiriko

01-05-2011

This Champion is junk.
She scales horribly with damage items, horribly with survivability items.

I played her in a few live games yesterday and then some bots games, so I could prolong the game and try many different builds.
And, obviously every game I have been in for the last 24 hours has had a Caitlyn in it.

Personally, I go right for this champ. Lowest base health in game, super soft and hardly any way to get away.
I see her VISIBLE traps on the ground and even when they are max leveled I walk right into them, for laughs.
Her Q is easily avoidable, and her Ult is horribly weak. If your not 1 hit from being dead and running for your life, her ult will do nothing. On top of that her Ult is easlly mitigated by another champ.

The fact that this champion is 975RP/6300 IP is a joke. Seems like just a money maker to me. It also makes me question with how fast these champs come out, how much balance is really being considered.

I own almost every champ in the game and I can say that this champ is right up there with Kayle in the useless factor.

Just my opinions.

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quit crying about her ult being weak. It's supposed to get 200% of your bonus AD, but it seems bugged atm and occasionally takes no bonus from your AD.

Nicholbert

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
Quit crying about her ult being weak. It's supposed to get 200% of your bonus AD, but it seems bugged atm and occasionally takes no bonus from your AD.
I hope this is true. I really enjoy playing her, and hope some usability issues get resolved soon, much like how they addressed Cass. Here's to hoping she gets a usability tweak soon...

Luvkiller

01-05-2011

Ok I Bought it And I Want My Rp Back SHe SUX
Listen to the Compliments or You Just Want The Money?

Pirateelfdog

01-05-2011

You might want to add some of the things she scales with in the video so if we want to start figuring out a build we know what to stack.

Naughty Sheriff

01-05-2011

I've been trying out a lot of builds with her, and frankly, the only time I can get a decent ratio is if the game ends within 25 mins. Usually that only happens when complete ******s dont see the traps, or I can trick someone into walking into a trap in a bush. And theres another teammate with me who can actually do decent damage. I built her with a manamune, berserkers, ghostblade,phantom dancer, frozen mallet, and infinity edge, and a mord walked up to a tower I was standing at, beat it down, and walked away while I was spamming everything I had on him. Her damage really needs to be looked at imo.

Not to mention her horrible HP. Or the fact that her "flash" takes a second to go off and recover before running, most times just leaving you with a ghosted player running right through your horrible snare and dropping you in a heartbeat. Her passive can be good for early game harassment, but after that, you will rarely fight in the bush. Her traps are easily dodgeable, take 1-1.5 seconds to activate, have a small casting range, and are completely visible, leaving traps thrown in front of you while running, traps in a bush, or traps in a chaotic team fight your only option of using it. Her ult takes a very long time to charge, can be interrupted easily, and is easily blockable. The range is great, but the damage is negligible, and unless they player has -500 hp endgame, is solo pushing a creep wave, and has no way to get to you, stun you, or silence you, and is incredibly stupid (which is implied by the above) then you will not get a kill with it.

Anoladoran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

I'm sorry to say RIOT, But Caitlynn was a terribly thought out hero.
I was so stoked when I first saw a sniper champion, but she just seems like a hard to use Ashe/Ezreal combo.
Her long range snipe needs true damage, perhaps a lower scaling on the damage if so, I find its not that threatening, I grab every single shot just to lol, even if its not fired at me.

In my opinion, she is just another money maker you guys released, like Trundle/Cassiopeia.

Still looking forward for more updates in the future.

Handsome Bort

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvkiller View Post
Ok I Bought it And I Want My Rp Back SHe SUX
Listen to the Compliments or You Just Want The Money?
You like men....

Dizzy Wallin

Recruiter

01-05-2011

This champion is awsome love everything about it ...except the *** appeal..that stuff in my opinion don't belong in vedio games but thats just me