[Council Request] Current Tier List -- LoL v1.0.0.63

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-02-2010

This is probably going to wind up being a dumb, pointless thread, but maybe it'll surpass my low expectations. This is directed at the Council, and folks in the top 500 range (1800+ Elo and all that) -- that is, people who possess the experience, insight, and high-end play data to have this discussion (a group to which I obviously do not belong, but hey, I'm just asking the question).

What's a reasonably accurate champion tier list in the current version of LoL (v1.0.0.63, current as of December 17, 2009)?

Last I heard -- and this was a couple patches ago -- Cardmaster, Morgana, Corki, Malphite, Amumu, Nasus, and Soraka were popular bans in high-end draft tournaments, based on a very AoE/CC-dominant metagame. I suspect this has changed since then, and I wonder how the balance is currently staggered according to the experts.

Again, I'd prefer that the other plebs like me didn't chime in, as a tier list based on your personal/anecdotal experience is basically someone throwing darts at a board with no hard data or rationale to back it up ("Twitch and Yi are OP" doesn't count as rationale). But I know there will be a few of those replies anyway, so I hate you in advance.

EDIT: Top team compositions/synergies would be interesting points of discussion too.

MeanBean

01-02-2010

Frequent champions in high tier:
Cardmaster, twitch, malphite, teemo, annie and blitz stand out. Also see some amumu and nasus but not as often as one might think. Keywords are teamfights and mapcontrol.

Morgana dissapeared after cleanse was changed since its a valid summoner spell now. I dont see corki anymore for some reason. Kata, nunu, zilean and ashe are non-existant.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

kayle + twitch and
kayle + fiddlesticks are op as heck.

multiple aoe stuns such as annie + malphite + alistar = op.

cm is good for solo queue carry but he's not that op since the last nerf. he used to have aoe stun, now it's single target and it changes things. he's still great since he has good map control, good aoe magic damage, very high range, and stun.

MeanBean

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
cm is good for solo queue carry but he's not that op since the last nerf. he used to have aoe stun, now it's single target and it changes things. he's still great since he has good map control, good aoe magic damage, very high range, and stun.
People tend to use CM "wrong". Hes not best used as a solo, but with another who can hold his own. So once CM hits level 4-5, he starts teleporting around and ganks the other lanes constantly. He shouldnt return to the laning at all. He helps push down the tower in a lane after a successful gank and recalls home. Repeat. All while giving 2 teammates solo.

Bait

01-03-2010

... you do realize the cm i encounter are often in top 5? they solo queue. premades generally don't favor cm.

the reason is vent.

Daniel GER

01-22-2010

are the befor listed champs the only ones played at high elo premade games?

TheI3east

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel GER View Post
are the befor listed champs the only ones played at high elo premade games?
Not at ALL, infact, the only character I know that isn't or very rarely used in high ELO play is Mundo.

When you're skilled, you can play any character and be able to contribute to your team.