Ask The Troll King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asktrundle

02-10-2014

In the Institute of War resides many Champions, but today a Champion is moving in to his new quarters.

"It had better be exactly like I told that stupid Summoner." Trundle mumbled under his breath as he shambled down the hallway, a large box full of personal belongings tucked under his left arm and the massive True Ice club known as Boneshiver hanging at the ready from the three-fingered hand on his right. His cold eyes lit up, if only for a moment as he opened an ornate wooden door marked. "Troll King" and peered inside.

The Institute had done exactly what he wanted. Large rugs made of the finest animals of the Freljord lay upon the polished marble floor, a large banquet table of his favorite foods lay before him near a crackling fire. He had done it, the intelligence the other trolls could never see in him before had given him everything he could have ever wanted. Trundle walked in awe, looking at all the shiny things the Institute has done for him. When a Summoner had originally came to him and requested that he come to the Institute to answer questions for the Ask a Champion Initiative, Trundle has told them if his demands were met he would come.

Trundle thought back to the small boy that had eagerly written everything down and nodded his head repeatedly, saying the Institute would be happy to provide whatever he needed. Trundle had thought the little whelp was barely old enough to be a Summoner, let alone fulfill the promises he had made in Trundle's Kingdom, but it would seem that even the youngest and smallest of Summoners are useful.

Trundle sat on the large throne he had requested, an ugly smile running across his face. "It is good to be King." He said quietly.

"I am sure it is, but you will be receiving letters soon and possibly visits from other Champions, you should get ready." Said a voice from the corner of the room, causing Trundle to ready Boneshiver and stare angrily at the source. The young woman looked almost amused over the rims of her black glasses. "I am the secretary you requested, my name is Caroline." She said simply before returning to her paperwork.

"Then take down a note, the Troll King is here, and he is always ready!" Trundle said angrily, banging Boneshiver against the edge of his throne.

"Yes sir, Mr. Trundle." Replied Caroline in an emotionless voice without looking up, continuing the write and file papers.

(( This is my first Ask thread for a Champion, so go easy on me. Trundle will be staying at the Institute in his new lodgings if you need to see him or send him letters. Be mindful that he isn't the happiest person in the world, and will likely respond angrily if you upset him. Have Fun!

Any Advice, comments, criticisms, OCC questions or talk about League is welcome, i want to learn as much as possible and do this to the best of my abilities, so feel free to give me as much advice or feedback as you feel is necessary.))

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3918 -Caroline's profile.

BloatedBile

02-10-2014

dear trundle,

how did ur first fight with the troll chieftein go? there must of been something if the weak and cowardly one beat you. do you believe in fair fighting or is that just some dumb rule people make up to feel better about themself?

-bb

Asktrundle

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear trundle,

how did ur first fight with the troll chieftein go? there must of been something if the weak and cowardly one beat you. do you believe in fair fighting or is that just some dumb rule people make up to feel better about themself?

-bb
"Mr. Trundle, a letter has arrived. Do you want me to tell you what it says and write a reply?" Said Caroline, arriving with the morning mail. Trundle say upon his throne, lazily eating the leg of a wild boar. He nodded his head slowly. Caroline read the letter and then prepared to write a reply as Trundle got a satisfied look on his face.

"The leader was weak in mind and in spirit, not in body. He was very strong, you had to be to be a Chieftain. He beat me in a fight as fair as fights go among our kind, plenty of hair pulling, biting and eye gouging... until i returned with my prize. I enjoyed that moment. I believe in fair fighting, once i am the only one left alive i get to decide what was fair, it always is." Trundle returned to his lunch as Caroline sealed the letter and prepared to send it out.

BloatedBile

02-10-2014

dear troll king,

what do you think of ur fellow freljordians?

-bb

Asktrundle

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear troll king,

what do you think of ur fellow freljordians?

-bb
Trundle sat with a slightly strange look on his face as Caroline repeated the question for a third time without answer. He picked up Boneshiver and looked at it, licking one of his long fingers and wiped a smudge from it's surface as he spoke.

"They are all different and unique in their own way. Strength, cunning and bravery are common among the leaders of the Freljord." Trundle said quietly, staring at Boneshiver with reverence.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" Said Caroline, looking at her boss with a hint of curiosity.

"Their arrogance will be their undoing, the Freljord is mine and no one will ever take it from me." Said Trundle.

"You want to let them know that?" Said Caroline, her eyes growing wider behind her glasses.

"No, someday I will let them know that lesson myself." Said Trundle as he leaned back on his throne and closed his eyes.

Asktrundle

02-11-2014

Trundle sat with his feet propped up near the fire in a cozy chair that had been brought to him by a pair of Summoners earlier that day. Boneshiver sat across his lap as he stared into the fire with a bored look on his face.

"You know Mr. Trundle, you could always find something to do if you are bored." Said Caroline as she went over her paperwork.

"Like what? There is nothing to do in this place, if those people really wanted to bring me something to make me comfortable, a good fight would have been enough." Said Trundle absently, shaking his head at the fire.

"What about a book? There are many things you can find joy about in a good book, and yes, there are books about violence."

"I hate books."

Caroline removed herself from her paperwork and looked at Trundle with a sad look on her face. "How could you hate books? Reading is one of the greatest joys in life." She said as she smiled.

"I don't know how to read." Trundle said quietly as he turned to look at her, his confidence at his current situation as Troll King replaced by a shame at a weakness. Caroline sighed and opened her bag she always carried and produced a small yellow book. "I thought as much, this book can teach you how to read, it will teach you the alphabet, and once you learn that you can start writing." She said as she walked over and handed the book to Trundle before sitting across from him in a small wooden chair.

Trundle looked at the cover of the book and shook his head. A Champion's guide to the ABC's. "This is a child's book." Said Trundle coldly, looking at Caroline in disdain.

"Yes, normally you learn to read when you are a child. The Institute had them produced in Piltover a few years ago for the children of the world to learn to read." She said, before nodding to the book. "Go ahead." Trundle opened the book to the first page and saw a large letter A along with a picture of Ashe about to release an arrow from her bow. He flipped to the next page and saw a picture of Blitzcrank.

Trundle grew a little excited with the book as he flipped toward the back to find the page he wanted, but when he saw it he threw the book onto the floor and began to beat it furiously with Boneshiver. Caroline looked at him with a slightly amused look as he stomped on the helpless book, screaming angrily at its pages. "Is something the matter?" She asked with the smallest of smiles.

"T is for Trundle, not Tryndamere! Trundle!" He said angrily as he continued to beat and curse the book.

"T is also for Tryndamere, and for a few more Champions. You really shouldn't be so angry, you do not own the letter T." Said Caroline as she watched her boss pick the book up and throw it angrily at the floor where it had lain before.

"Someday, I will own the letter T, because T stands for Troll King." Trundle said angrily, stalking toward his bedroom with Boneshiver in his hands. Caroline sat quietly in the chair and looked into the fire, her hands folded neatly in her lap as her boss slammed the door to his room.

Ask Swain

02-11-2014

Swain walks up to Trundle's door knocking to it with his cane, his bird Beatrice perched on his shoulder.

Asktrundle

02-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Swain View Post
Swain walks up to Trundle's door knocking to it with his cane, his bird Beatrice perched on his shoulder.
Caroline let out a small sigh as she heard knocking at the door and got up from her paperwork to answer the door. She opened it slightly and was a bit shocked to see the powerful man on the other side. "Can I help you, Sir?" She asked quietly.

Ask Swain

02-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asktrundle View Post
Caroline let out a small sigh as she heard knocking at the door and got up from her paperwork to answer the door. She opened it slightly and was a bit shocked to see the powerful man on the other side. "Can I help you, Sir?" She asked quietly.
He looked at her saying. "I wish to see Trundle the troll king, is he here?"

Asktrundle

02-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Swain View Post
He looked at her saying. "I wish to see Trundle the troll king, is he here?"
"Yes Sir, I will inform him." Caroline said as she disappeared behind the slightly open door. Voices could be heard from inside the room."You have a visitor."

"I am busy."

"You are not busy, you are watching a league match on your new television, this is important. It is Swain."

"Let him in." Caroline reappeared by the door and motioned Swain inside. In the middle of the room near the fire sat Trundle in a chair with his feet up, staring intently at the screen. "Grab a chair." Said Trundle absently as he turned briefly to look at Swain before going back to the television, motioning slightly to the couch next to him.