Highest priority

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViiRiiSx

01-05-2010

you could also try forwarding the correct ports. it sounds to me like you cannot connect to LoL or LoL cannot connect to you. Sometimes that can really help you out.

this was the log he posted:
01/03/2010 13:29 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.32] initializing...
01/03/2010 13:29 [INFO] CElevateHelper::RegisterServer() success
01/03/2010 13:29 [INFO] Failed to re-register 80070002
01/03/2010 13:29 [WARNING] LAUNCHERERRORTYPE_ELEVATECOMFAIL

im not a code guy or anything, but it sounds like he never connected to the server, which to my knowledge, probably isnt his bios, its a networking problem.

Edit: i dont know which ports to forward >.> ask a wrenchman.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-05-2010

The only reason we haven't suggested the port opening is according to the OP this was done and didn't resolve the issue. Why I am hitting so hard on the Bios update isn't because I feel it will fix it, the odds are pretty slim, but the fact that it is very important and COULD fix it. Having an out of date Bios can cause all sorts of weird events.

It is about the only thing left undone if all the other steps were taken as the OP said.

Jerm

01-06-2010

My friend set himself up as dmz host and disconnected his router, so all ports should have been open, but still the same error.
Just to check, he forwarded the ports just now:
80 TCP
443 TCP
2099 TCP - PvP.net
5222 TCP - PvP.net
5223 TCP - PvP.net
5000 - 5064 UDP - LoL Game Client
and still receives the same error.

Now my question is, IF he did update his BIOS and still encountered the error, what would be your next step? Would you refer this to the programmers?
I request that you bring this to the programmer's attention now (if you can) because it's very unlikely that prospective consumers to this game (A.K.A. $$) will go through even half this hassle to run the game. Regardless of if having BIOS updated is "crucial" neither I nor any of my friends have ever had to go through this much trouble for any game, let alone considering messing with the BIOS.

Imagine this: an old man has a heart attack and calls 911 - and they tell him to drive himself to the hospital. Ludicrous, right? Regardless of how understaffed they are, the police force would reorganize to address the most pertinent problems first

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-06-2010

As much as I do appreciate the analogy, one can't hold a persons life and a video game at the same level.

Now to directly answer your question, I don't know where to go after the Bios update. Others that have had this issue or a similar issue were able to resolve it by following one of the many steps we have followed. Your friend is the only person I personally have worked with that is having this much trouble.

I have had others look at this issue and they too do not understand why the problem is so persistent with your friend. They have more or less agreed with what we have done here.

I can understand your friends trepidation with updating the Bios, most people have the same standpoint. I will continue to look for ideas at this point, and if I find anything relevant I will be sure to update this thread.

EDIT: Just an idea, but have your friend run this free system check at Norton. It might find something his AV software missed. Now if it flags the lollauncher.exe as malicious software, ignore that warning. But pay particular attention to the rest.

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/WelcomePage.asp

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-06-2010
3 of 4 Riot Posts

As a note, this thread has already been referred to the programmers.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-06-2010
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Wanted to add some possibilities:

The function ELEVATECOM is what's used to ensure that the launcher has the necessary access on your computer. The error is citing that the launcher is unable to do that. I don't know why the launcher would fail at that process, but something on the users computer is preventing the launcher from gaining the access it needs. This could be internet security, anti-virus scanners, or even some kind of malware infection.

I realize dealing with these launcher issues can be very frustrating, but the reason we ask for the logs and dxdiag is because the launcher may display the same error to many different players, but internally, is running into very different problems. Seeing those logs is essential to troubleshooting the problem in every case. I'm hoping to be much more active in the forums in the coming days, so maybe we can start to clear up these issues a bit.

Jerm

01-06-2010

"As much as I do appreciate the analogy, one can't hold a persons life and a video game at the same level."

lol

Thanks Postal Twinkie, Jozrael, Jesse for your responses. I guess we'll just keep tinkering and hoping

Jerm

01-07-2010

Also, the antivirus he is running is Eset