Highest priority

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Running Naked Fat Man

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
here ya go
Starting with the basics. His video card drivers are not up to date, he needs to update those. Second his BIOS driver date is back from 08, I would bet the manufacturer of his system/motherboard has released and update by now.

Have him update his video card drivers, and BIOS. See what happens from there.

EDIT: Have him update his Audio Drivers too.

RuroniKenshln

01-03-2010

i am having this exact same problem as well it worked about 2 days ago then i went off it for a few hours then i returned to play then it had lolclient.exe has encounterd and error and needs to close but what i also understand is that your also running windows xp professional so im wondering if its a WxpP only problem

hullmar

01-04-2010

i got questions to ask does updating your bios give a boost because i think ive never updated mine :S and ive gotten quite low fps too lately i usually had 60fps all high now its 20

Running Naked Fat Man

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullmar View Post
i got questions to ask does updating your bios give a boost because i think ive never updated mine :S and ive gotten quite low fps too lately i usually had 60fps all high now its 20

Bios updates can bring overall performance and stability boosts to computers. They are a must have.

Now directly to your DXDiag, you need to update to Service Pack 3. Update your video card drivers, they are out of date. While at it see if there is a Bios update for your system.

Running Naked Fat Man

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKenpachi View Post
i am having this exact same problem as well it worked about 2 days ago then i went off it for a few hours then i returned to play then it had lolclient.exe has encounterd and error and needs to close but what i also understand is that your also running windows xp professional so im wondering if its a WxpP only problem

Run the little .vbs located at the bottom of this page to delete your temporary files. See if it resolves the issue.

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...y+Notification

As for an XP Issue? I run XP Pro and don't have it, and I have spoken with people that have other OS's going who have experienced it.

Jerm

01-04-2010

Okay, he updated his video drivers, but still the same problem.
Unfortunately he doesn't want to mess with his BIOS because it's risky
uhh...where does that leave us?

hullmar

01-05-2010

ok thx but like the guy top sayd bios is quite risky and ive had lots of bsod's and well i dont know anything about bios updating and isnt xp sp3 buggy? thats what im worried about too. should i go for sp3?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-05-2010

Yes, get Service Pack 3.

As for the bios update issue? It is very easy now days and doesn't require anything but a download of a small program, and it to be ran. Generally speaking it is almost always done in the Windows environment, and is done with a small .exe file.

The urgency on the issue is the Bios is very critical for system performance and stability. Updates can bring major enhancements and fixed, and surprisingly even resolve issues that aren't listed in its Patch Notes.

Have all drivers and the Bios up to date is very important. Not only that but it makes troubleshooting the issue easier when we can check things off and say "It isn't that....".

I will take this issue with me to the Wrenchman Forum and see if I can get more feedback, but until then I would heavily encourage your friend to update his Bios.

EDIT: Oh, since I don't remember saying this. Make sure they have the Internet Security Options in Internet Explorer Set at Medium or Lower, and to allow cookies. Also make sure they have the latest version of Internet Explorer. When you first launch the game the log-in screen is just a web page being viewed through Adobe Air. Also they can try uninstalling Adobe Air and downloading the newest version from Adobe's Website.

Jerm

01-05-2010

He doesn't feel that easy about the BIOS. He's also a comp engineering major, he's read into it and he just doesn't want to do it.
What else can we try?

EDIT: Yes we've already done the security settings in ie and updated it
netalyzer showed nothing abnormal

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-05-2010

Unfortunately I am out of ideas, the Bios would be something that really should be updated and MAY be causing the issue.

I had some people look at this thread and they are pretty much in agreement with what we are doing for troubleshooting. I would try and convince your friend into updating the Bios, it is very old.