This game would be fun if...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

10TonHammer

01-03-2011

It weren't for the bad players that do not learn how to play. Nothing makes me cringe more than "I just picked this guy idk what to do lol". It's fine for MMO's, but for a game strictly PvP without a 1v1 match-up, it hinders the game.

With that being said, gl and hf. I bid you all adieu.

Burbinator

01-03-2011

1) it sucks, but that's the reality of normal games. People usually save the competitive stuff for ranked games, because you've got to learn champs sometimes anyway

2) people are too lazy to try out practice games

3) practice games are not as competitive as normal games and not as good for learning

that being said, idk who downvoted you, i agree honestly. People should make an effort to learn a champ before they actually try him out in a real game. Even if you never look up a guide (which you should), as long as you've played against that champ before you should get an idea of how to play them and what items to get.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

While I agree that it's annoying and widely considered poor etiquette to not run a practice game before taking a new champion into normal/ranked matches, you can't change the hand you are dealt, only the way you can play it. Next time you run into someone who says this, try offering them some advice on how to play said champion. Most of the time if they ask you for help, they will willingly take your advice. If they refuse to cooperate and/or continue failing, well at least you did your best.

That said, the Newpies forum isn't exactly the best place to post this. Most of the people who frequent this forum are aware that running a practice game or two with a new champion before playing normal or ranked is proper etiquette. You would probably reach more of your intended target audience if you posted in GD. In this post you also come across as slightly ragey, which (I assume) is the reason you were downvoted.

xpsychedelico

01-03-2011

What Omni said is right. Usually those who ask for help are those who are willing to listen. Sometimes that is better than having an attack speed Annie on your team who refuses to help or listen to anyone's advice. Some players are able to pick up champions quicker than others as well, so they just need a quick rundown of what to do and will do decent.

With the introduction of ranked games, it's not uncommon to see players trying out new champions in normal games, even at higher elos. This has to do with Riot placing an emphasis on ranked games for competitive play, and reducing normal games to be for "casual" players. This is also further marked by the change of "practice games" to "custom games" in lieu of player made modes like ARAM popping up, and the reduction of players taking normal games as seriously as they used to.

cristinah

01-03-2011

How can you learn something, fail horribly and then get better without trying it in real time? Don't get me wrong, it's annoying as heck, but still, you don't just pick something up and become amazing after using it for what.. 3 minutes? Hah, unless you're a prodigy or something of the sort.

You can only expect so much from people you don't know, & yeah I agree with above, you sound kinda angry which is going to put people off. Just because someone is doing poorly isn't much of an excuse to be a dbag, there's a learning curve for everything & not everyone can be as good as others .-.