Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PVP.net Patcher Kernel not responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZFrenchTickler

04-17-2014

Its been a week since ive played league. Ive tried everything and it still pops up
please someone help!!

Tou5103

04-18-2014

Quote:
Cutecut:
Hey guys. I've had this problem for a while as well. I always had a friend fix it for me but he did it in a way that I couldn't understand. The easiest way to fix this problem is to right click your league of legends icon, run as administrator, and than click on the gears to the top left when the screen comes up to play league. Then, just click on repair. =]

I just did what Cutecut said, (right click client. Run as administrator and waited for it to load)

martinmantoom

04-23-2014

i have no clue how to fix It I have same problem but all I know is that were having a bad day every time this happens I want it fixed too but so far what to try is that we can take the pc's to a computer shop and see if they can do something like a computer expert so yeah good luck im doing that also I think mine has something to do with getting a new pc maybe its like that for u guys too

wakizashi24

04-24-2014

running it in the admin helped me.

Brody the Brony

04-24-2014

I fixed mine but im not too sure it will work for everyone. Ill go step by step on what exactly I did, I have windows 8 and it worked for me, I don't know how to fix the windows 7 version.

1. Open the league of legends folder, where ever it is located

2. next right click lol.launcher and go to properties

3. click compatibility and in click the check box to turn on compatibility mode

4. A drop down box will become clickable, click the drop down box and choose whatever windows client you are using, for me it was windows 8

5. after clicking the proper windows client click apply

6. do the exact same thing to the lol.launcher.admin and click apply

7. after both are applied then try and open the league of legends client, it took about 15 seconds for mine to open

I really hope this works for everyone cause it worked for me

Bakemonky

04-25-2014

Thanks Brody. This fixed my SECOND issue with the installer. My FIRST issue is still unresolved... The patcher stalls at random %s. 1%, 54%, 76%, drops down to 0kBps transfer rate, and never finishes installing. I haven't been able to play since 4.6.

I submitted a ticket to tech support with as much info as possible over 50 hours ago. Haven;t heard a peep.

Upon uninstalling and re-installing just now, I ran into this new problem, but you managed to talk me through it.

You have any ideas on my original problem?

P1n0y bL0odz

04-25-2014

right click on the icon then press troubleshoot compatibility...and it will detect whats the problem...then there's two option ''try recommended settings'' and ''troubleshoot program'' choose the first one..and then test the program..if it works then press next..and then you're done..if its not working u might need to get a new desktop or computer..

TheCptCadaver

04-27-2014

Quote:
TheSimonizer:
I just had this problem for the first time.

I fixed it by going straight to my League of Legends folder, and running "lol.launcher.admin.exe" instead of using the desktop shortcut.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but that's what worked for me for some reason.

Hey Just had this problem for the first time and your solution fixed it thanks

Zebrabro03

04-28-2014

None of these have worked and I started getting ths problem yesterday and I re downloaded it today.

Voldo Hiabara

05-01-2014

that didnt work for me.... this is grating on my nerves