Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fixing High Latency (Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Novadash:
@AlucardsFamiliar
Nope, still dwelling on 120~130ping

Interesting. I'm still trying to figure out why it only tested the one router and not the array that Riot has. Maybe they are doing live maintenance without telling us?

Penguin Eclipse

02-04-2014

Quote:
AlucardsFamiliar:
Welcome to Riot.

It'd be laughable if they took this idea from me and ran with it. There are so many problematic data centers from every ISP. But each person has to go through different ones depending on location. I'll do this on a case by case basis to get things sorted out for those who seek help.

You don't understand what you are talking about. You cannot direct how your traffic is routed though the internet backbone by creating software firewall rules on your OS.

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Penguin Eclipse:
You don't understand what you are talking about. You cannot direct how your traffic is routed though the internet backbone by creating software firewall rules on your OS.

Explain how it cut 6 hops out of each of my tracert's then.

Yung Stink Squid

Recruiter

02-04-2014

i've done the test and don't know where the results are, also my ISP isn't comcast, is that alright,

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
OOOOOOOO KilI EM:
i've done the test and don't know where the results are, also my ISP isn't comcast, is that alright,

That's fine. The result file is located where you ran the test from. I.e. if you ran it on the desktop, the file will show on the desktop. If you ran it from the downloads folder, it will be there.

Dua1Ether

02-04-2014

You will never solve this fully from your end... that is definite... if you happen to solve it you may last 1 or 2 weeks then the issues will reoccur. There is little one can do no his/her end to improve performance significantly and consistently. Believe me I have tried Novadash is one of my cases... there is nothing that can solve it... I have tried everything logical across 20 or so people.

TLDR: Wait for the next 'game network' upgrade... until then do your best but do not be disappointed if things don't work out.

Novadash

02-04-2014

@AlucardsFamiliar
Should I try to do the block ip you suggested me tomorrow?

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Novadash:
@AlucardsFamiliar
Should I try to do the block ip you suggested me tomorrow?

Yeah, try it early in the day if you can. If it can cut that IP from your hops. then your ping should drop to about 40ms.

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Dua1Ether:
You will never solve this fully from your end... that is definite... if you happen to solve it you may last 1 or 2 weeks then the issues will reoccur. There is little one can do no his/her end to improve performance significantly and consistently. Believe me I have tried Novadash is one of my cases... there is nothing that can solve it... I have tried everything logical across 20 or so people.

TLDR: Wait for the next 'game network' upgrade... until then do your best but do not be disappointed if things don't work out.

They really should just create a whitelist of actual (logged in) players and block the remaining traffic. That'd prevent a majority of attacks from happening and would reduce server load.

Yung Stink Squid

Recruiter

02-04-2014

Quote:
AlucardsFamiliar:
That's fine. The result file is located where you ran the test from. I.e. if you ran it on the desktop, the file will show on the desktop. If you ran it from the downloads folder, it will be there.

here you go

riot-lol-results-pc-v3.txt