Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fixing High Latency (Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguin Eclipse

02-04-2014

Quote:
AlucardsFamiliar:
They aren't random, as they are primary data centers for Comcast and frequently cause this issue.

I've seen similar issues with Netflix streaming.

Assuming those are router address, your computer doesn't actually communicate directly with any of the addresses while playing league. It only knows the destination IP address (Riot's servers) for the data it is sending and since it doesn't actually know where that is, it sends it to your router. It has no knowledge and does not care about what is in-between in Comcast's network. Blocking communication to those routers isn't going to accomplish anything.

Morrison

02-04-2014

Isnt faster to turn off windows firewall?

Grunnd

02-04-2014

Meh, tried it but didn't do anything. Still sitting around 160-175 ms when I usually get about 110. Every other game I play is perfectly fine except LoL.

This is on Verizon DSL in Southwest Virginia. Been going on for about two weeks now. Just probably gonna quit the game because I looks like nothing is going to be done about this for a long long time and not a single word from Riot.

QUALITY

Morrison

02-04-2014

Quote:
Grunnd:
Meh, tried it but didn't do anything. Still sitting around 160-175 ms when I usually get about 110. Every other game I play is perfectly fine except LoL.

This is on Verizon DSL in Southwest Virginia. Been going on for about two weeks now. Just probably gonna quit the game because I looks like nothing is going to be done about this for a long long time and not a single word from Riot.

QUALITY

worst thing its that actually there is alot of post in this forum , but not a single red , millionare company with ****ty customer service.

Novadash

02-04-2014

Well, I already tried turning off firewall overall. Still 120 ping -_-. I've had this problem for months and RIOT QUALITY

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Novadash:
Here you go. I deleted the outband again because I can't bear the 30 second lag as Im missing some teamfights as such. However this 120 ping again is dreadful after playing on a smooth no lag 80 ping

What's your location? I think I may have found the issue with your connection...

Novadash

02-04-2014

Mexico City. Many people say its the distance but I dont get it. I started playing league since 4 years ago and during 3 years I've had 80 ping stable. Then a couple months ago 120 ping and 80 ping alternating between games...

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Novadash:
Mexico City. Many people say its the distance but I dont get it. I started playing league since 4 years ago and during 3 years I've had 80 ping stable. Then a couple months ago 120 ping and 80 ping alternating between games...

Block only this IP: 66.110.56.117

That IP address is about 1100 miles out of the way and has to go past you in order to reach the game servers. It's a redundancy issue with ISPs. They don't know how to optimize ****.

AlucardsFamiliar

02-04-2014

Quote:
Morrison:
worst thing its that actually there is alot of post in this forum , but not a single red , millionare company with ****ty customer service.

Welcome to Riot.

It'd be laughable if they took this idea from me and ran with it. There are so many problematic data centers from every ISP. But each person has to go through different ones depending on location. I'll do this on a case by case basis to get things sorted out for those who seek help.

Novadash

02-04-2014

@AlucardsFamiliar
Nope, still dwelling on 120~130ping