Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fixing High Latency (Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meriipu

09-07-2014

guise please

the packets sent from your computer only have final destination information, not information about how to get there. Once you pass it on to the next hop you are done with it, it is that hops responsibility to get it further.

UnCleDeViL

09-08-2014

would u look at this pls.My ping was lik 90-110 now its 150+

riot-lol-results-pc-v3.txt

BobOki

09-08-2014

Quote:
AlucardsFamiliar:
this method can be applied to any user by taking the test results, finding the problem IPs causing high latency or packet loss, then blocking them in either your windows firewall or router.

PLEASE stop telling people this. THIS DOES NOT WORK. The internet DOES NOT WORK LIKE THIS. Blocking anything on your router does ONE thing only, disallows you to get a response from that individual router. Your packets will not skip it, it will not find another way around, doing this does LITERALLY nothing for you. When you send a packet to Riot it leaves your pc to your gateway. At that point there is NOTHING YOU can do to change where it goes or how. Stop telling people this nonsense!

Best you can do is contact your ISP and see if they can contact that backbone and get the problem resolved.

blackky

09-09-2014

hi my ping used to be 120, is now 150 +, help me pls!

Syvlanas

10-03-2014

I've been experiencing terrible ping today, after finally patching to 4.17. I used to have ~60 ping before 3.16/3.18 (I don't remember; I know it was sometime during the summer of last year.) just prior to 4.17, I've had 80-86 ping. Today, 800+ and Attempting to Reconnect, while playing with other friends.