@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
TL;DR

Shaco rework got canned and has been pushed back to 2015.
You don't seem to know what "tl;dr" means.

Yes, downvote education.

wapster

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
WHEN THE **** ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO GIVE US CONTENT?

SERlOUSLY

Fluttuhshy

02-01-2014

Quote:
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
Obvious troll is obvious.

archangelfighter

02-01-2014

Quote:
Flat out saying
"We're pulling a Magma chamber here, but not even doing you the courtesy of telling you as much."

0xiDIzE

02-01-2014

Quote:
X can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
There, I made a message that Riot can use for any content update anyone asks about for a while.

Just replace "X" with the discussion topic.

BeachSamurai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

YAY im for shaco rework.!!fvck yea!

Torovas

02-01-2014

Does Shaco really need a rework? What's the problem with Shaco as he is now?

Strossus Gran

02-01-2014

If you're all so disastrously unhappy, why do you keep playing the game and posting on their boards? If they are such a disappointment to you, why do you continue to give them your time, attention, and likely for many of you, money?

What he said makes sense to me, trying to rework a champion is a nigh impossible lose-lose/win situation. The champion already has an established identity and set of skills, and if you change them, no matter how much of an improvement it might be, it is a risk and will anger a group of people who will be viperous in sharing their displeasure. Look at the Karma rework and how people STILL complain about her, when by every metric (including competitive play), the rework was a success except to that tiny (one of the lowest play rate champions by a wide margin before remake) group of people who felt super attached to the original kit.

Tell GD that someone is on the table for rework (almost everyone previous to, say, Graves is on this list btw in one way or another as has been said over and over over the past year+) and people hound them about it incessantly. Things get canned...IronStylus told us about a skin, I think for Diana, that was almost done and they just canned the entire thing because it just could never come together to be worthwhile.

If I were them, I would only talk about the things that were guaranteed release and scheduled for less than 2 months out or you just get to constantly be harassed, called lazy, and sneered at by a group of people who have never done the job any one of the people working on the projects have done. We all make a lot of assumptions about what the job entails, but unless we've had a similar job before, we don't know. I will say though that standing up to absorb the harassment of unhappy players is definitely not part of their jobs. In the end that's all you want, you don't want the content out faster...you'd find something else to complain about then, you just want someone to stand up and absorb your negative emotions.

Sigma117

02-01-2014

Quote:
If they're canned, and the public know about them wouldn't it be best to say as much? (Same goes for delays)

Mojimi

02-01-2014

Shaco is too problematic and has a decent fanbase, i'd rather not touch him