@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Footwear

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
So we can expect Shaco to remain garbage-tier for a while longer now. Good to know.

Noraver

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
Well if it ended up being bad, I wouldn't want it.
The point isn't about it being bad.
Yes, if it's bad, change it again, or throw it away.
But the fact that they can spend "up to a year doing it" and simply throw it away?

They also never involve the community in their decisions, which is probably why they always throw it away.
"How would you guys like a Shaco ultimate to do _________?"
A simple thread could solve all of their rework problems, but apparently they'd rather just throw everything away and waste their time.

THTSUBWAYGUY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

Did Riot rehire shurelia? It certainly feels like it with the amount of time it's taking to get these reworks done.

For those that don't know, she was the person in charge of the stealth rework, which took over 2 years if I remember correctly.

Criomhthann

02-01-2014

Quote:
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.
TL;DR

Shaco rework got canned and has been pushed back to 2015.

Jeaven

02-01-2014

Quote:
If you can minor tweak release Nami over many patches to the now Nami, why can't you do that for Shaco?

fevercry

02-01-2014

it sucks that riot is hyper attentive to competitive champ balance, but then....doesn't try to buff up champs that see no tournament play for YEARS. Or just do the typical "we'll nerf these guys down then come back to rebalance them! don't worry guys!" then do the Master Yi **** where they ruin a niche champ and then just nerf him down to garbage tier and are fairly content to leave him there

Noraver

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaven View Post
If you can minor tweak release Nami over many patches to the now Nami, why can't you do that for Shaco?
That would involve work.

Venekor

02-01-2014

ITT: Get F**KED by Xelnath

FFS All is OP

02-01-2014

Quote:
so, give him buffs?

Sodaspree

02-01-2014

Is anyone honestly surprised? This is Riot we're talking about.