@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vasey

02-03-2014

I get a lot of creative sparks, so if any rioter might want an idea I'll just throw this down real quick.
I feel like the fun concepts of Shaco are tricking people with your Clone/Using it to potentially 2v1 somebody. His other two core aspects are his boxes and his stealth. What I think should happen is that his E is scrapped completely for an interesting stealth mechanic.

Instead of having his on hit slow, or a ranged slow ability. I think he should have sort of a moving Twilight shroud but it'd be his orange smoke that follows him. Whatever size would make this mechanic balanced is up in the air, but basically it'll follow him at like 0.8 of his speed or something. The cool part about the mechanic as that you wouldn't know where he is inside the smoke, and his clone would stealth while inside of it as well.

Now, getting rid of his gap closer completely would also thematically ruin his kit. My personal idea for a solution to this would be giving him a gap closer without the stealth. I think he should get a lock on gap closer that on enemy champions applies an auto attack that crits, keeping similar mechanics. I also think he should be able to use this ability to jump to allies/units keeping him relatively mobile because his old gap closer was free cast.

I don't really know what to say about his boxes, there a pretty controversial mechanic. Put to very good use when stacking them for objectives. Then they could be toxic and unfun when used to kill a champion walking onto 5 boxes. Maybe bonus damage to all creeps, or just neutral mobs and then having a limit on the amount being on the map.

Just something I thought of, maybe you'll read this idk.

Back2Nexus

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath View Post
I get a lot of creative sparks, so if any rioter might want an idea I'll just throw this down real quick.
I feel like the fun concepts of Shaco are tricking people with your Clone/Using it to potentially 2v1 somebody. His other two core aspects are his boxes and his stealth. What I think should happen is that his E is scrapped completely for an interesting stealth mechanic.

Instead of having his on hit slow, or a ranged slow ability. I think he should have sort of a moving Twilight shroud but it'd be his orange smoke that follows him. Whatever size would make this mechanic balanced is up in the air, but basically it'll follow him at like 0.8 of his speed or something. The cool part about the mechanic as that you wouldn't know where he is inside the smoke, and his clone would stealth while inside of it as well.

Now, getting rid of his gap closer completely would also thematically ruin his kit. My personal idea for a solution to this would be giving him a gap closer without the stealth. I think he should get a lock on gap closer that on enemy champions applies an auto attack that crits, keeping similar mechanics. I also think he should be able to use this ability to jump to allies/units keeping him relatively mobile because his old gap closer was free cast.

I don't really know what to say about his boxes, there a pretty controversial mechanic. Put to very good use when stacking them for objectives. Then they could be toxic and unfun when used to kill a champion walking onto 5 boxes. Maybe bonus damage to all creeps, or just neutral mobs and then having a limit on the amount being on the map.

Just something I thought of, maybe you'll read this idk.
Riot, don't listen to this guy.

explosiveshadow

02-03-2014

I personally think Shaco is decent where he is. removal of oracles is a buff for him.
lower respawn times beginning mean Gank>Closest Camp>Gank making his early game not very different, just less snowball and, you have to farm a little more.
But here are my problems, His passive can be quite strong ,but how would you get kills otherwise? they would have no worries to just run if that passive didn't exist and, If you think about it its one of the few things that scale well late game for him.
Boxes are near useless after stacking especially, late game, with no heath scaling, they get instakilled by anything stronger than lesser wraith. Idea: Buff to be decent and make only 2 or even 1 exist on the map at the same time.
Blink is almost nonexistent. You have to hug trees to get past them and even then It might not work. Idea:buff flash and give some blink back.
Im perfectly content removing the slow and minion dodge on his E I would be fine as just a regular skillshot (from what Ive seen and done its used more of a last hit anyway.) Please don't remove the poison on it though. since he is so squishy it is his alternative to towerdivng. His ult is pretty much fine where it is used to 1v1,Initiate and just MindF*** removing the bugs will do.
Possibly helping his clear speed would be useful but i usually go, Dorans pots, Mobility/Beserkers,Shiv,Infinity, BotRK/Hydra and once you get shiv you can clear at a decent speed. Just fix the bugs and leave the jester be.
Btw I bought him when I was noob so I have grown used to him and I got him because I love his theme.

Kr1sys

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkflameShyvana View Post
Why is this so downvoted? He's only trying to be helpful for Pete's sake!
Probably because Morello was all like, oh yeah shaco is q1, Xelnath came in and **** all over that expectation.

Nameless Wisp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2014

Shaco Is not fine the XP nerf on red and blue and the more complex jungle makes his early invade a very risky move that will most likely fail and lead to falling behind.

Split pushing is his only alternative and that can only happen if he plays high risk high reward Gank heavy early game in a world where wards be plentiful. All the lanes have to do to counter him is buy an extra ward to cover most entrances(he can no longer make the crazy wall hops that eused to make his ganks so nice and unpredictable) witch is bad considering if he dares to not snowball GG game over 4v5.

The frigen Buffs still dont get copied on his clone (FK you wtf)

He cant out splitpush Jax, Kayle, Darius(cant even gank this one omg so risky), and other late game champs so why even bother with him if thats the only thing he can do he aint even the best at it.

Fix him? Why not just up that scaling and make his boxes activate on cast if there is something in range? and fix the damn clone Buff issue it undermines the hole point of the Ult.

Instant box activation will give him some AoE CC to contribute to a team fight even if he dies 3 secs later
The Scailing will help his abominable late game Nerf his early damage the instant box proc will Buff ganks enough to allow nerfs to early Damage

and Fix the damn clone Buff issue fk

fractalfantasies

03-13-2014

I'm a fairly new player who has tried him with varying success-I don't think he really needs this rework because he is currently, probably the most unique champion in the game and it is my understanding that he has almost a cult/niche fanbase which this could harm. The downsides of leaving him don't seem all that large, his visuals are good, he doesn't ruin ranked/tournament play at all, but equally he doesn't put off or frustrate new players all that much either. I can think of champs who do this currently to a much greater degree, e.g. Master Yi, Teemo, Tryndamere, this is not to say that I am advocating major changes to any of these either. I just think that it improves the game having these slightly different champions you can play for fun, even if they don't suit the meta fully.

Fr0st Sh4dow

03-30-2014

Is strawpolling an option for you to let his fans decide which spells they want?

EDIT:
Only allow people to vote who played at least 10 rankeds with him

Nytemare Rhosyn

05-02-2014

i think honestly they should take shaco out of the jungle, turn him into a mid laner. Keep his shiv an his stealth. Give him a non melee atk range even if its semi short. An make his box's different in a sense like twisted fate. Let the player decide what one for what job.
think of it like this his three box choises could be as follows.

Box A: Normal Box Jack In The Box RANGE: 425 COOLDOWN: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 COST: 50/55/60/65/70
ACTIVE: Shaco creates a Jack in the Box at the target location. It will stealth after 1 seconds and lasts a maximum of 120 seconds. When an enemy comes near the box it activates and comes out of stealth, fearing nearby enemies briefly and attacking them for 5 seconds, dealing magic damage with its attacks. Casting Jack In The Box breaks stealth.
HEALTH: 120 (+10 x lvl) (+25% AP)
TRIGGER RANGE: 325
SIGHT RANGE: 850
ATTACK SPEED: 1.4 (+0.1 per 200 AP)
ARMOR: 40 (+2 x lvl) (+5% AP)
MAGIC RESIST: 100 (+1.25 x lvl) (+2.5% AP)
FEAR DURATION: 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75
MAGIC DAMAGE: 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 (+15% AD) (+ 30% AP)
( this idea was made by http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...s/Shaco_Rework)

Box B: Same range same cd, effect as foolows, Shaco creates a tiny jack in the box at target location that when triggered explodes for 60/100/140/180/220 +15%ad + 30% ap. deals 25% more dmg to minions an monsters. Range to trigger and range for explosion think teemo shrooms.

Box C: Shaco creates a box at target location, will not trigger unless an enemy is in range . deals 10/30/50/70/90 +20%ad + 40% ap stuns them for /.25/.5/.75/1/1.25 duration is doubled vs a single enemy same for damage. Special: this box only has a 30 second life span,

reason why this would work it would allow shaco to control the lane he is in ( aka midlane0 by placing boxes in intelligent patterns an designs, this also would be counterable by champions like zed, vel'koz or hiemi who do not need to aprouch him to farm or attack him. also leaving coding as is where box's can be attacked before stealthing its possible to make them useless in lane by attacking them first.

Also real quick possible change to passive basic attacks will add stacks to it? or have it at set amount to proc for flat damage like 10% ap??

Old passive: back stab
new passive: grand treachery: Shacos next spell deals bonus magic damage if with stacks plus .5% ap per stack stacks refresh to zero once used or Ever 10-30 seconds shaco's next spell will deal bonus magic damage equal to 5/10/15% ap (1-5/6-11/12-18 for level reference)
With this shaco can still jungle effectivly, his box's are a threat they will scale with him instead of being one shot at lvl 4 if shaco goes ap root, this will give "mage" shaco a home in midlane while not removing "ad" shaco from jungle or could be used to transition to mid lane completely. or hell go mage shaco in jungle.

i honestly beleive this makes shaco how his lore makes him. A twisted jester with tricks up his sleeve an allot of plans he can pull off.