@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pool Party Kat

02-02-2014

Why cant shaco have a higher hp/armor scaling?

Also fix the blue/black box bug with Royal Shaco!!!

Epichuntarz

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
We realized it was a much bigger ball of yarn than it appeared to be. We had some specific ideas regarding his unique item, how to improve the feeling of his laser, etc. And it required a lot more work than we could support while getting trinkets, vision updates, new jungle, etc.

Since then, Solcrushed has still been looking at the jungle (see the new spirit stones and some work on the Wriggles line).

Post preseason, we took the time to sort out the reworks but I don't recall where he ended up.
I don't know if it's just me, but this whole "huge major changes roll out" every preseason seems to be delaying a lot of other cool ****. It's definitely a large part of the reason we'll probably never see holiday map skins ever again. The excuse for the last 2 years has been that map/jungle changes are going to happen, so there we can't use the old holiday map skins, and new ones aren't a priority.

The "fun" stuff is taking a backseat to the stuff that will affect espots the most. Not cool, IMO.

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2014

shaco is fine....
dont ruin him like you ruined master yi....

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercry View Post
it sucks that riot is hyper attentive to competitive champ balance, but then....doesn't try to buff up champs that see no tournament play for YEARS. Or just do the typical "we'll nerf these guys down then come back to rebalance them! don't worry guys!" then do the Master Yi **** where they ruin a niche champ and then just nerf him down to garbage tier and are fairly content to leave him there
yi was my favorite champ.... now he is boring....

Cowlistar

02-02-2014

I already did Riot's job here:

Shaco Remake

nillthium

02-02-2014

Quote:
He's best played as a split-pusher who is nigh uncatchable, an assassin who can't team fight, an ambusher who can't be countered, if you are chasing him into a next(p.s. does anyone know if red trinket disables his boxes or not?)

and once he starts to get ahead of you, he has a permanent slow in addition to a backstab + crit multiplier - aka, once he wins, if he catches you away from a tower, you don't have a good way to escape.
i can understand why you wanted to change ad yi... but still you completely ruined his identity.

Back2Nexus

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarflavours View Post
If you can't kill the adc then you're not building for it or the enemy adc is far more fed/farmed than you are. Vayne is probably the most difficult to kill though, as well as Tristana. Also if they run into a box then its a guaranteed kill.
If your playing as Shaco and you can't get within melee range, then it doesn't matter what your build is. You're forced to either run away or lose the fight. From many many games of experience, I can tell you that Shaco's job more often than not in a 5v5 team fight is to deceive into the fight, get in as many autos as you can on one of their squishies, usually only 2-4 if you're lucky, and then die. This is why many Shaco players will tell you to build lots of AD, especially early, because you need to make your few hits count for as much damage as possible.

Ralik098

02-03-2014

Quote:
We realized it was a much bigger ball of yarn than it appeared to be. We had some specific ideas regarding his unique item, how to improve the feeling of his laser, etc. And it required a lot more work than we could support while getting trinkets, vision updates, new jungle, etc.

Since then, Solcrushed has still been looking at the jungle (see the new spirit stones and some work on the Wriggles line).

Post preseason, we took the time to sort out the reworks but I don't recall where he ended up.
This sort of thing seems to happen all the time... Why don't you all sit down and actually finish what you are working on and only then move on to something else. This is a big factor in why it feels like Riot is getting nothing done and just running around like a headless chicken. I'm sorry but the current state of champions that I actually enjoy playing has made this game unbearable to play and you are not even considering looking at them.

XdeathscyX

02-03-2014

Xelnath
can you tell us who are having good chances of getting reworked like some?

DarkflameShyvana

02-03-2014

Quote:
Reworks can take like a year and sometimes get canned or sent back to the drawing board repeatedly. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of updates for a while.

Edit:

Reworks take a long time. Xerath had 18 thrown away kits before he got to PBE. Shaco's going through similar kinds of exploration to distill the best features of his kit. See Meddler's post for details - I know it sucks to hear, but Shaco is a lower priority than Sion, Skarner, Xerath and some other champions.
Why is this so downvoted? He's only trying to be helpful for Pete's sake!