@Riot Updates on Shaco rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

02-01-2014

This is purely out of curiosity and I have no big feelings one way or the other over Shaco because I don't play him (he's weird to play). You say one of the big issues is his split push capabilities, have you ever looked at split pushing in general? Maybe it's split pushing that's too strong because at least in my experience there seems to be no counters or variety of responses (eg: old Fortify) except just "go stop what you're doing and go deal with the split pusher" which 90% of the time involve the split pusher getting away (depending on champ) only to return a minute later when you've left, it gets very frustrating and old having to drop everything to deal with a split pusher every minute. I have nothing against split pushing as a strat, it is very legit, I just wish there were more options in dealing with it.

Is there any word on Jayce? Xypherous had a bunch of changes in testing last year but we haven't heard anything since.

Also while I desperately want a Viktor rework i'm happy to wait because I want his passive to be given the justice it deserves. I honestly haven't been a fan of most of the proposals so far (except the crazy OP one that was datamined, I liked the idea and direction that it was being taken there), especially the last one which just made the different hex cores variants of different items (Liandri's, rylai's etc), that doesn't take the greatly unique concept of his hexcore anywhere interesting.

Mirage Night

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
The reason we did those things together was to try to bundle most of the "okay, how I have to think about the entire game has completely changed for everyone" factor into a single patch.

It's easier to accept, "okay, I've got some big changes to learn, but so does everyone else". For example, just doing the jungle item rework would be all of the junglers are in flux, but everyone else feels kind of the same.

Bundling changes together means players can kind of go through a mutually shared experience of re-experiencing summoner's rift.

Re: Losing things - part of improving a game is culling features too. The opposite is feature bloat, champion sprawl and creeping complexity.
There are some champions that obviously were impacted significantly due to said changes (IE vision changes). Eve was one of the champions that effectively received a large indirect buff as a result.

As a result the balance team determine her overall power budget was increased too much, As a result they removed some of her power to put her back in line. My problem is now there is some much power tide up in her passive due to the vision changes that the rest of her doesn't feel rewarding at all.

These kind of changes and their effect makes us very disappointed, not only because the champion feels bad, by we know from pass experience we dont have any one looking on how to resolve the issue at all.

Tortferngatr

02-01-2014

Question: About a certain other inevitable (albeit likely months to 3 years from now) relaunch...

--I've read multiple times that there's talk about the possibility of a Dominion rework, but nothing set down. I've also heard resource prioritization multiple times as being a major reason why Dominion isn't receiving much support. Who would need to be doing the thinking on a map rework?

--I've thought about the prospect of a rework myself a few times. Would it be helpful to try to compile a list of potential issues and potential solutions for a map rework/large-scale map changes to solve based on feedback (primarily from high MMR, but taking low MMR into account)? I was planning to do one anyway [thought it might be good for a resume and I was personally curious], but I'd still like to make sure. :P

Tortferngatr

02-01-2014

Quote:
Alright, thanks for the distraction. Back to work.

Zug zug. er... what do minions say when they leave base anyways?
...saw this right after finishing a post. >_<

Think you'll be back to answer more questions at some point?

ScarecrowJames

02-01-2014

Quote:
He's best played as a split-pusher who is nigh uncatchable, an assassin who can't team fight, an ambusher who can't be countered, if you are chasing him into a next(p.s. does anyone know if red trinket disables his boxes or not?)

and once he starts to get ahead of you, he has a permanent slow in addition to a backstab + crit multiplier - aka, once he wins, if he catches you away from a tower, you don't have a good way to escape.
I don't think You can use trinkets when you're feared. Unless you mean by blindly activating the red trinket I'm not sure depends what is called traps I was told before Cait's trap are immune to the red trinket(cause they're not invis?). Not sure if that's accurate

Alacor

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowJames View Post
I don't think You can use trinkets when you're feared. Unless you mean by blindly activating the red trinket I'm not sure depends what is called traps I was told before Cait's trap are immune to the red trinket. Not sure if that's accurate
He means activating red trinket on the boxes to show and disable them so they can be destroyed, just like with wards + Teemo shrooms.

Cait traps are not like wards/teemo shrooms/boxes. They don't have health bars, are not targetable, and are not stealthed.

ScarecrowJames

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacor View Post
He means activating red trinket on the boxes to show and disable them so they can be destroyed, just like with wards + Teemo shrooms.

Cait traps are not like wards/teemo shrooms/boxes. They don't have health bars, are not targetable, and are not stealthed.
imo I think it should atleast disable caits trap, yeah you can't attack it but be nice to use it if your random solo que adc decided to walk into 1 when the bush is warded at low hp...yeah i've seen that happen. I've seen in happen in lane not in bushes...

Vacus

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelnath View Post
zug zug. Er... What do minions say when they leave base anyways?
I HAVE SPAWNED.

(this part of post not in caps)

ceaselessphantom

02-01-2014

There is only one rework I think Shaco needs for the time right now.
Make it so people can not see you use deceive in fog of war.
I wanna try sneaking up on people as an assassin but how am I going to do that when everyone can see my cloud?
I can not think of one other champion who has a problem as dumb as this.

Talohmiir

02-02-2014

Quote:
Alright, thanks for the distraction. Back to work.

Zug zug. er... what do minions say when they leave base anyways?
I'm sure you're hard at work now, and I don't wanna catch hate since this is a Shaco thread, but I've seen you somewhere else and was hoping you or Scruffy could hit us up with a Red post even if it's not an update in the Rengar Strikes Back thread. Thanks for your consideration, and sorry Shaco guys for derailing.