New sheen build path

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PSYCOsanches589

02-01-2014

Ok, so we all know about how the sheen builds into 2 AP items and the Triforce. However, I think there should be a build path for the sheen that leads it into a pure AD item so that champions who rely more on AD burst over auto-attacks can add to their kill potential and AD assassins can keep up with ones like kat and fizz. The item would have a lich bane passive that works on AD instead of AP and would change the AP stat into an AD stat. So I guess you could say I'm asking for an AD lich bane.

krobar94

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCOsanches589 View Post
Ok, so we all know about how the sheen builds into 2 AP items and the Triforce. However, I think there should be a build path for the sheen that leads it into a pure AD item so that champions who rely more on AD burst over auto-attacks can add to their kill potential and AD assassins can keep up with ones like kat and fizz. The item would have a lich bane passive that works on AD instead of AP and would change the AP stat into an AD stat. So I guess you could say I'm asking for an AD lich bane.
JustMyBassCannon covered this a while ago in another post. Sheen is already very well worth it for the AD burst afterwards alone. Some mana for anybody who has mana difficulties as well. People like Zed would probably instagib people as well with around 500 AD. Essentially, Trinity force already is the Sheen for Ad's and is balanced. I see no reason to ruin this.

edit: I believe AD assassins are fine, by the way.

PSYCOsanches589

02-01-2014

can i just say that in the quote i think it's hilarious how the ADs all ended up in an almost perfect line

krobar94

02-01-2014

And then there was AP to top it off!

PSYCOsanches589

02-01-2014

apparently that quote likes to play Blue Ezreal

krobar94

02-01-2014

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...t=sheen+for+ad

I think I found the thread that I was talking about before. There you go. Hilariously enough, blue ezreal was mentioned in this as well.

PSYCOsanches589

02-01-2014

Blue Ez was indeed mentioned

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

Huh.

It's an odd feeling, coming to a thread and seeing "look at this guy's post [link to post]."

But yeah, the idea of a total AD scaling Sheen has been tossed around. The first problem is that the build path will still have AP and Mana; stats don't change via combination, and last time I checked, none of the items in the game lose stats when they combine either. The second would be that, on any champion who already has an AA reset, especially one that scales over 100%, this would be a massive amount of additional burst.

The third problem, which is more of a sub-problem under the second, is Vayne. She can afford to build crit AND Sheen items. Take a moment to think of Vayne with Infinity Edge and this AD Lich Bane.

The5lacker

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
The first problem is that the build path will still have AP and Mana; stats don't change via combination, and last time I checked, none of the items in the game lose stats when they combine either.
This isn't 100% true nowadays, though that's more Riot being unable to find a sensible solution to some problems. The Spirit Stone line no longer has Regen stats, instead converting damage into healing and mana restoration. However, they still build out of Rejuvenation Bead and Faerie Charm, which I think is a bit on the ridiculous side of things.

krobar94

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Huh.

It's an odd feeling, coming to a thread and seeing "look at this guy's post [link to post]."
Must be even weirder when then that guy was you, huh? I just remembered that this was covered a decent bit ago and thought rather than typing everything again, I'd just link him to a something before with the exact same idea.