Locked Camera or Free Roam Camera?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-02-2010

I have always played with the camera locked on my character, but all the player vids and guides I see on the forums and on youtube are always free roaming cameras? Which is more common/useful? I always seem to zoom too far when I am movin my mouse around free roam style and it always seems like something is going on off screen that I can't see.

ENÐER

01-02-2010

Unlocked always. Only time i lock to my champ is to get quick view on him if i'm loking across in a diff section and i just use spacebar for that. I also guess i use spacebar to temp lock to my champ whenever im using pick a card on cm. You have sooooo much more utility by using free camera

ApostlePeter

01-02-2010

Don't know why you would play with a locked camera.

If you zoom too far off, just tap space bar and your screen will automatically zoom back to your champion

theErk

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostlePeter View Post
Don't know why you would play with a locked camera.

If you zoom too far off, just tap space bar and your screen will automatically zoom back to your champion
yup, holding space locks the camera on you hero for as long as you hold it, quite helpful at times, but having the camera locked permanently is very inconvinient

Erk

General Tso

01-02-2010

Ya, holding the button to lock camera is useful during chase scenes etc.
Personally, I hate panning the camera with the mouse as it feels awkward and doesn't allow me to quickly click other things/champs.

But as I said, I don't keep the camera locked all the time. Instead I use the traditional WASD key formation, but I use them to pan the camera. It's very nice as I can pan to wherever I need to see (not just on my champ) and click at the same time.

Fbsunny

01-02-2010

I play gangplank, and if I used a locker camera my Ult would be practically useless. Also there is almost always one direction you want to see more of then another, like in front of you if you are chasing someone, or behind you if you are worried about getting ganked.

Hoax

01-02-2010

If you play locked camera you are a noob.

Klazzix

01-02-2010

I play locked camera when I'm in the blue team (bottom Nexus).

Hold down the left click on your mini-map to view that part of the map.