Udyr Jungling help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Ok, first off, I love jungling, I jungle with alot of heroes:

Udyr
Master Yi
Trundle
NuNu
and Warwick

Now my problem comes into play while jungling, I have been not able to keep up in levels with the solo lanes. I heard there was a nerf to jungling but was it to the exp you get from monsters or what? I have only really noticed it on Udyr so maybe I am not as fast of a jungler with Udyr or something, I do not know.

I use 0/21/9

I use Smite and Heal.

I mean I do not know why I fall behind in levels over lanes that aren't dominating.

Hotblooded

01-01-2011

You're using heal...

You should almost never be using heal on any char, especially not on a jungler. Use ghost instead.

lmaonade200

01-01-2011

^that doesn't explain jungle speed, i use ghost for escaping ganks and counter jungling.

I'm not sure cause I have never jungled with udyr yet, but what type of runes are you using? i would probably suggest armor pen/AD marks, armor seals, and either mana or CDR blues with HP quints, or even armor pen/AD quints if you feel like your attacks need more bang.

prioritize turtle and phoenix, and start at blue buff if you can (which you should if you took heal).

on paper, it really does look like udyr jungles slower than most (though he has more sustainability since he has turtle) since he has no large burst damage skill like WW or nunu does.

Watch videos of udyr jungling also

phorest

01-01-2011

Well, I mostly jungle with Udyr and now he's become a pretty slow jungler, atleast on his first run through, so that is probably why you're falling behind in levels. Can't say for the other junglers though, I've seen some Yi's and Warwicks be on par with the solo lanes.

EDIT: But yeah, like the guy above me said, you should definately not use heal. Use ghost instead.

EDIT 2: Look up Stonewall008 on youtube, or just find the one you're looking for here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...70#post2851070

King Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

In his video, he uses Phoenix. I thought Phoenix was nerfed to where u cant use it first or did i misread the patch notes...

Also my runes are:

Quints: Flat Health
Marks: Armor Pen. These are all Tier 2 though, cept for like 2.
Seals: Mp5/level. These i think are my major problem.
Glyphs. Cooldown reduction/level. These might need to be changed as well.

Edit: Changing all my Seals to Flat Armor Seals to see if that helps.

lmaonade200

01-01-2011

armor will definitely help, it will free up a summoner slot for something better than heal such as ghost/ignite/exhaust (im kind of in between on exhaust and ghost, since udyr has his own IMS for ganking), and you'll take less damage overall from the jungle creeps

for your glyphs, change em to flat CDR or mana/5 (though i would recommend flat CDR since you should have enough mana blue golem if you can get him first)

and follow stonewall's video and tweak your character until you can follow it well, since he's one of the better junglers out there xD

King Rage

01-01-2011

Another Question, The "You take less damage from creeps" mastery. Is that worth getting on a jungler? or is it justn a wasted talent?

Bodanger

01-01-2011

You need to use phoenix first.

If you use turtle first you are going to take forever to kill golem

The lower damage mastery does help if you are going full def tree, (but i don't recommend that).

Taking 2 points into longer buffs would help

Your runes are kinda bad,
go for dodge and MR/level (mr doesn't help with jungle but its by far the best for udyr)
I'd use AS marks if you have them,
The reason for this is Udyr does a bit more magical damage than physical unless you really push him toward auto attacking. A lot of his magical damage comes from Maldred's bloodrazor and 4th hits from phoenix which both benefit from AS.
In the end with marks if you go for def pen, you are only increasing the damage on either magical or physical where AS will improve them both.

Other than that knowing what your items are would ehlp

King Rage

01-01-2011

I always see people saying to go 0/21/9. Even the Stonewall guy does.

Bodanger

01-01-2011

Who cares what other people do unless they can give you a good reason for doing it.

the problem with deep def (and offense) tree is wasted points:
Defensive mastery is not even noticeable after a few levels.
Ardor is really bad for having to spend 16 points to get to, Udyr has 0 AD base and doesn't get AD items. It's only 2% AS with another 2% at 18.
Veteran Scars 60hp is really nice at the start of the game but late game 60hp is not going to make a difference.