High ELO shaco...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kooIaid

01-01-2011

Right now i am around 1100 ELO, and i seem to be doing very well with shaco (in my 2 games played (so far) i have a 5.7 KDA, and 2 wins)

i know that somewhere i will encounter bad teams that you just cant carry but i dont think i have a very successful build (its alright but i thnik there are better ones out there)

So to all of you high ELO players, what do you like to build on shaco? and do you lane or jungle with him? (i jungle)

Also, what is it that makes him banned from high elo games? what do you pro shaco players do to make him so powerful? (low elo banning is all the tanks like rammus shen malphite with the odd carry such as pantheon, etc)

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!

EDIT: do you feel infinity is a good item for shaco? or does he crave more survivability items?

kooIaid

01-01-2011

bump

x5 Denian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

hes banned occasionally.

i dont play shaco myself but the builds i see seem to be: rush wriggles and then it changes up from there.

Some go bloodrazor after wriggles so that they can solo baron (plus the damage is still decent + armor stats/attack speed)

Some go trinity force for the hp/run speed/crazy decieve damage

ive even seen wriggles-->phantom dancers to get his nikes on (attack speed also helps with wriggle procs for baron so it elps there)

after that you generally want at least 1 survivability item like GA

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

I'm no pro, but I know Shaco doesn't carry (getting fed and killing everyone in three hits isn't really what I mean). He's strong for his map control, jungle control, and excellent early game ganking prowess. When it comes to teamfights, you'll find it hard to contribute too much without getting majorly focused or nuked. I generally just hope my early game ganks got my team fed enough and their team gimped enough that we'll be able to do most teamfights successfully and I'll jump in when they're all scattered or focusing someone else. If your team is NOT doing well, then it might be a good idea to start dropping some towers while your team is running around baiting the enemy.

As for items, I find Wriggles, Madred's Bloodrazor, Starks, Ghostblade, and Infinity Edge to be some good choices. A little more survivability like a Banshees wouldn't hurt too much either since they won't be able to CC you the instant you jump out of stealth, but it would also make it very easy to tell which one is the clone, so just save the ult for a few seconds until they hit you with something.

Boxes. Place them everywhere. They have great vision range and you never know when you might save someone's butt (or yours) with some of these bad boys covering your escape route(s).

Do your best to get fed. Shaco has exceptional early game damage and you can get kills easily with a little preparation and teamwork. This will make you a much bigger threat and allow you make a much stronger impact on the game. Laning and jungling are boring, and Shaco doesn't like to be boring.

Cat Girl Sakuya

01-01-2011

Shaco is the hardest character to dodge a gank from, mixed with absurd jungle speed, a passive slow, amazing counterjungle measures, amazing damage throughout the game, the ability to solo baron at rediculous speeds, and a ult that makes Madred's twice as effective as it would be on any other champion, and you have a character with so much to offer to a team he's got to be picked or banned.

As for Shaco builds, people usually run something along the lines of this...
Lantern
Greaves/Treads/Mobility
Bloodrazor
BV or GA
BV or GA depending on which one you didn't get earlier
Frozen Mallet

Lanxe

01-01-2011

shaco doesnt "carry" mid - late game

Motyapa

01-01-2011

My shaco build (Im pretty average, getting close to passing 1400 ELO though)

wriggles
Boots (Zerker greaves most of the time)
Bloodrazor
Starks Fervor
Frozen Mallet
Infinity Edge.
Sell wriggles to get maybe BV or something else to survive

Also, if you're a shaco, by the time you have wriggles, zerker greavers, bloodrazor, and emblem of valour, and are level 13-14 you can solo nashor. Just max out your E and W first. (This should be around the 30 minute mark). However if you're having doubts, get a starks fervor before soloing nashor. You dont need pots/buffs, but they'll make it easier.

kooIaid

01-01-2011

thanks for the input, incase you guys were wondering my build is

wriggles>phage>ghostblade>infinity>finish frozen mallet> depending on their champions> sunfire or banshies.

ImpGuard

01-01-2011

Shaco can definitely carry early mid game, but once people level up and get some items you'll find that you get exploded wherever you go.

Denian has it down basically. Wriggles, boots, and w/e after that. It's your choice and you could try the different items to find one you like.

ImpGuard

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spence View Post
thanks for the input, incase you guys were wondering my build is

wriggles>phage>ghostblade>infinity>finish frozen mallet> depending on their champions> sunfire or banshies.
Too much damage and not enough survivability. That's a great build at the end, but you'll be squishy in the process. If you get fed enough then sure that's a decent path, but if not, you'll be running around with Ghostblade and trying to get the gold for IE and dying all the while.