@Morello You used to work on Guild wars; why not make Soraka a Protection Monk?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trai Harder

01-30-2014

Im not much of a fan of your changes. Her q is wat really almost makes Soraka along with her massive sustain. The q needs to stay the same pushing a lane is good in my opinion as long as u ward so that your jung can focus on other lanes that actually need help. It allows for aggressive play with Soraka.
An you r mainly turning it into Viegars ability or Kogs they are so easy to dodge other than in team fights or if you stunned which your only giving to her if she hits the easy to dodge ability

I like the idea of giving her Stacks that she can get from hitting her q an detonate with her e.

this changes Soraka to much for me if anything the only things that should be changed are her passive an her e with the Stacking tweaks to her q

shes a high sustain champ I play her very aggressive I love being able to use someone (my adc) as bait to draw their sup an adc in then heal him up an get 2 kills it makes for good strategy no toxin gameplay because shes doing what SHE WAS MADE FOR that's to Morello

Trai Harder

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think this is the crux of the, specifically, "healer" type. I think their healing must be so impactful that ignoring it will end in failure. This isn't true of supports, but in this case healing specifically. This is also only when your only controlled piece/unit is a healer, strategy games that feature multiple units can sack the personal satisfaction for great effectiveness balance (Medics in SC/Priests in WC) and still feel good.

I do think each person in a fight needs to generate "threat," to use RPG terms. Support probably don't do enough of this, or cause play changes to happen due to impact (Janna shielding in a 45-minute game teamfight? Maybe we need to swap targets for a sec and let it fall). There should be a decision of if you need to deal with the support, but I think that decision might be too easy right now.
I don't know what you talking about because I main supp an LOVE Soraka an I know if a supp should be target first or not such as a Annie supp should always go down first when I play Soraka its a big mistake to no target me first because if im lvl 6 theres just about no way of my adc dying unless ive messed up on my end or them on their end by running.
I give the enemy team a reason to target me but even if they do I can use my sustain properly I can use ppl as bait for the enemy team heal'em up an get a kill. An alos Karma supp is another thing that many ppl should be worried about when playing. I don't think the decision is hard at all. It all depends on how you use the champion.

Shoukansha Ichi

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think this is the crux of the, specifically, "healer" type. I think their healing must be so impactful that ignoring it will end in failure. This isn't true of supports, but in this case healing specifically. This is also only when your only controlled piece/unit is a healer, strategy games that feature multiple units can sack the personal satisfaction for great effectiveness balance (Medics in SC/Priests in WC) and still feel good.

I do think each person in a fight needs to generate "threat," to use RPG terms. Support probably don't do enough of this, or cause play changes to happen due to impact (Janna shielding in a 45-minute game teamfight? Maybe we need to swap targets for a sec and let it fall). There should be a decision of if you need to deal with the support, but I think that decision might be too easy right now.
Morello you need a reality check. Janna shield lasts 5 seconds and it's more then likely on the carry. It also gives AD while it's up. Thanks for making me totally believe you understand whats wrong with supports.

Linna Excel

01-30-2014

Morello, why not give Soraka's W a passive effect like monks had in GW? If it is on cooldown, your Qs and your Es (maybe even your ults) have a weak AoE heal. I'm thinking 2...10 + 0.05 AP. However if it isn't on cooldown (time might have to be adjusted) you lose the passive. So I can spam heal at the cost of CS for my ADC/team or I can lose that for 30 seconds for a big heal all at once.

Instead of being pure armor on the buff part, why not make it a smaller armor and mr buff but add that it blocks AA for 3 seconds or however long it is up? Something like that would make a solo lane or jungle Soraka more tempting and get people not thinking about the heal more than the prevent defense option. Maybe have it act like Jax's E in that the more it blocks, the better the heal.

A zealous benedition effect would also be interesting for her heal. If she tops someone off or uses it proactively, it costs her more than if she waits for a better moment.

Finally there's something like shielding hands, shield of absorption, or spirit bond. Have the heal/armor scale based on how much damage your target takes. Something like this would make her skill a great counter to burst champs if you can time it right.

Or you can just make the heal on her AB a passive hp/5 for everyone in the area and give it another effect... something like retribution or reversal of damage. Or say that you are making it mending because Soraka is now going to be a warrior so you troll the GW1 crowd.

Mid Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

I do don think Soraka needs a complete rework. She needs a minor tweak/buffs.
Either buff her base kits or change her passive.

Soraka seriously needs a new passive and just make her current passive to be moved to her W,E,R
Her passive is not interesting at all compared to other champion's passive at the moment.

Fashion Mage

01-30-2014

I'd be more than okay if someone like Timjin was in charge of the Soraka rework. I can see he knows what he's doing, coughunlikesomepeoplecough.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

GW1 was such an awesome game!!

I would love to see a Paragon champ in LoL!

Noobie Swipe

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie Swipe View Post
Soraka at the current state is very good.
i play her a lot on this account.

She can top
She can mid
She can support
She can even Jungle !!!!

SHE IS FINE ! DONT TOUCH HER PLZ~!

WTF? what in your mind would downvote that?

SORAKA is FINE.

Super Explosion

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CragBlade View Post
I feel like you are picking and choosing responses. If someone misuses a shen ult or doesn't use it when someone gets caught out people *****. People will ***** about anything honestly. You cant just act like Shen is excluded form being *****ed out for not helping someone do something just because he isn't Janna.
There are some cases either way-- I was perhaps indicating the overall prevalence.

Stuff like Nami heal and Janna shield tend to be more 'expected maintenance abilities'.

Perhaps more often people won't thank you for shielding damage in lane, and only in very rare circumstances at all like when saving them from 'near certain' death.

With Shen ult though, almost every time he uses it on someone even remotely taking damage, that player feels a powerful effect.

Not only is it a massive shield, but now there's a Shen to render assistance.

Basically, most of the annoyance at Shen's ult comes if it isn't used.

If it is used, it tends to be appreciated.

If Blitz lands a grab, it tends to be appreciated.

If Anivia hits a wall, it tends to be appreciated.

Basically: Perhaps strategic and more unique effects which deploy an obvious power.

Janna's shield can prevent thousands of damage in lane. But that's considered her 'job'.

So when Janna shields someone, the typical response may be "of course she did". Rather than "thanks for making this lane possible".

Dota supports make lanes possible. Dazzle Shallow Graves you, you notice.

"Hey let's pick Wisp to combo our Troll Warlord."

"We have a Dazzle? Let's pick Broodmother to combo his Shadow Wave."

Effectively: If you have a Troll Warlord, and someone picks Wisp, that Warlord's game changes, and he's probably going to notice the buff.

The question is perhaps "how often do allies appreciate this ability when it's used?"

So for stuff like Janna shield, it's helpful, but may not be as appreciated per use.

ColdMiller

01-30-2014

MORELLO WORKED ON GUILDWARS? HOT DAMN!, That was one of my favorite computer games :P. I played it with my family. KUDOS!