Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What we expected when Riot said "Support Utility will scale with AP"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuscus Pellis

01-29-2014

Humpty Bumpty tired of these Annies~

lessuknow

01-29-2014

Bump

Acolarh

01-29-2014

I agree with this thread so much.

Devi Freak Mint

01-29-2014

Quote:
anAmishLady:
Utility scaling is inherently weaker than damage scaling. I don't know why they made the numbers so weak... They had to have realized utility supports would be competing with damage supports, yet no compensation.

The funny thing is that if utility supports had low damage scaling but hilariously strong utility scaling, like OP described, it would not only be balanced, but fun as hell.

Much better than Annie support 100-0ing the enemy AD carry every 100 post-6 seconds like right now.

How often does Annie support actually reach that point?

Her laning phase is so abusable that any so called "support mains" should be to crush her.
How often do "support mains" face each other anyway?

Phoenix Queen

01-29-2014

Quote:
Priamos:
If you can even call them "Supports," haha. They're tanks and mages. It doesn't look like there are any "Supports" left in the bot lane.

fku ._.

HyenaOfLeisure

01-29-2014

Quote:
Priamos:
Don't just upvote, bump!

As you will, so shall it be.

Bamp.

Chihauss

01-29-2014

They nerfed supports a little too hard indeed, even though you get more gold you still need to buy utility items before you can start building AP items. You need 200 AP on Nami for example to get the same heal as before and that cost more than 4k gold. By the time you get that it's totally irrelevant.

TimmyWimmyWooWoo

01-29-2014

Quote:
Priamos:
Lulu turning people into racecars
Janna basically snaring enemies with W and granting gigantic AD bonuses with E
Sona's heals, damage, and auras being strong enough to make her a viable pick.
Soraka firing off massive MR Shreds and long silences.

What we got:

Thresh/Leona/Annie being the only supports in the game.

Utility scaling shouldn't be linear because if it is then mid supports would be OP.
It Should be like a root or have a soft & hard cap

medulla00

01-29-2014

The utility ratios are really disappointing. Building 200+ AP on a support to give an unnoticeable MS boost during 1 or 2 seconds is a really bad trade.
I was hoping that Riot would gut harder the damage ratios but give a hard utlity buff to supports (better scaling on slows/hastes, duration of CCs scaling and stuff like that)
I feel upset because they removed the damage of support, nerfed their CC and heal ratios and now forces us to build 100+AP to have the same values as preS4 (I'm talking exclusively about lulu, nami, sona and janna). So now I have the ilusion of having Gold while playing support, but it's useless because AP is trash on support. There's nothing to buy except of aegis, zekes and tanky items, because right now the shop doesn't even allow me to have more than one GP5 upgrade.

VenialSin

01-29-2014

I want to turn people into race cars. Now people are turned from snails to turtles.