What we expected when Riot said "Support Utility will scale with AP"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mertatron

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Reduce dmg to
Q: 80-220 (down from 85-245) + 0.8 AP (up from 0.7 AP)
W: 80-220 (down from 80-260) + 0.75 AP
W: CD to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 sec down from from 8 sec
E: CD is not 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 sec up from 10

MAYBE:
Passive now stund for 1.0/1.4/1.8 sec down from 1.25/1.5/1.75 sec

Mid lane annie will have a better AP ratio (Q) and the W CD (what helps the base dmg and the AP ratio in longer fights).
The longer E CD will increase the time between getting her stun ready (or increase the mana costs).
do that and we'll have annie Zyraed

I mean .. since the nerf .. u rarelly see zyra support anymore nor zyra mid.

they nerfed her mid coz her support was too strong ... they nerfed her again without giving anything back coz they thought she was anyway too strong ... so now u don't even see her.

Annie is rarelly seen mid ... at least she's played as support. if u nerf her ... she will just disappear ...

Lilly

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofSFL View Post
Most players who weren't the support would never buy more 2-3 wards at a time, while the support was buying anywhere near 5-7 plus Sightstone.
If you could buy that many green wards, you should have bought pinks and/or oracles. Utter vision denial is the hardest thing in the game to come back from... and it usually happened at the first victory in bot lane.

I've been simply limited in what I can accomplish for my team. Also, all of my supports have been nerfed, so... with all of my lesser irritations with the new season: I'm just not playing.

There are so many things I dislike about the new season, I could right an essay on the subject. I've written several iterations out here, before realizing how utterly irrelevant they are to the warding situation.

Sure are on track with the OP, though. I didn't even know how unbelievably angry I was until I started typing. It was like a volcanic eruption, and it was spectacular. I should have saved it and emailed a copy to the developers. I could have even included my continuing bitterness with karma. All of that potential... wasted. Funny, sounds like the support role these days-ohoh, look, I'm doing it again.

I preferred having good base stats and an inventory filled with vision and utility-related goodies. Also, weakening the base abilities on supports is ridiculous, especially when you're gutting their damage in general. Hell, lulu lost a whole element of her utility (AP to ally), which needlessly makes lulu+mage bot lanes even more irrelevant. And please... why the heck would someone consider buying AP for very weak utility... when they could be playing a champion who SCALES WITH AP FOR ABSURD DAMAGE AND CAN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING WITH IT? There is no reason to play a 'truesupport' anymore. Put mid-lane utility mages and cc/initiating tanks bot lane, and you've pretty much won (if the enemy dared pick a truesupport).

TLDR: I don't even want to play support like this. I haven't seriously considered practicing the new season, because it feels like a joke.

TenSlashTen

01-30-2014

rofl morello trying to argue that those nerfs weren't ****ing uncalled for to utility supports. glad i stopped supporting in s2 preaseason when I knew riot was going to start really gutting them all. But this.. lol i didnt see that global nerfs to all of them coming. Not even i could predict that hurricane.

Teemo Support GG

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That might be true. I just don't want the support "religious argument" to cloud the conversation about support scaling needing more work.

We agree there generally (and some of this is in the support items, too - Xyph and friends are plowing on that right now).

EDIT: Evident with the reactionary downvotes in this thread. Realllllly? You can't even not downvote a post I agree they need love?
Downvote for saying they are worth picking over leona/thresh/annie xD
I feel terrible when i play Nami now if the enemy team picks a support that actually has real ratios.
Why would i ever play Nami over Annie right now? I love nami, but it puts my team at a massive disadvantage after both team's supports have a few items.
Where as if i go Annie, I only get stronger as the game goes on, to the point i can almost one combo their ADC lol
Get same items on Nami and i have the same utility and less damage then i did at level 6=/

Its the devil with poor AP scaling, you can build gobs of AP, but defensive items outscale you harddddddddd.
Hell full AP Support nunu feels more useful than nami right now >.<
...Its actually pretty fun xD 1:1 AP ratio on snowball, MUCHOS FUN!

HT Twerk4Miley

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrofsand View Post
You might finally understand what us support mains who have had to endure Janna/Lulu/Soraka/Thresh nerfs due to their dominance in other lanes feels now. Welcome to our worlds.
thresh is still stupidly broken, doesn't make sense how his Q is only 50 mana at rank 1 while blitz is at 120 while both abilities can still get you killed at level 1, just saying. Janna right now feels the weakest since Lulu still has a pretty strong early with her Q burst and Sona well that burst tho and Soraka has always been just a healer and nothing more.

Smoot

01-30-2014

Morello.....just.....just stop.......

We want champions that can SUPPORT, YOU KNOW, HEAL, SILENCE, CC, THOSE TYPES OF THINGS.

What you want is every champion regardless of what type of damage they deal to feel like a bursty mage. You also want them scaling off of AP. You also just want one lane, because why should we have anything different than just one role?

Just leave this thread, never come back, and continue to nerf supports that people love playing to the point that only mages and tanks are allowed bot, we all know you are just going to do this anyway.

LowTierZero

01-30-2014

Ive been seeing quite a bit of karma support as well.

ForumPostingAcco

01-30-2014

I just played with a Poppy support. Maybe it doesn't work in high ELO, but MAN, did it ever work in my silver game. People like going into the bushes so Poppy can stun them.

Oh and guys? Morello is gone. My post chased him away.

Nashpakova

01-30-2014

Annie sucks at mid - Annie gets buffed - Annie still sucks at mid but gets picked up as support - Annie gets nerfed - still picked up as support - Annie nerfed to the ground - not picked anywhere anymore.

I WANNA PLAY ANNIE MID!!!!!!!!!

mi ramfan

01-30-2014

I think, given that supports can't be played in any other lane while mages clearly can, supports have earned the religious argument. We've earned the right, after so many years of the revolving nerf door, to demand that our champions get some help, now that they're indisputably and mathematically weaker then they've ever been.

We want utility scaling to empower us, not further push us on our knees in front of the ADCs.

We want utility scaling in the right places, so that we can actually invest in it. Increased slow percentage is a joke. Increased slow duration, on the other hand, makes us a terrifying force. It forces enemy teams to treat us with respect instead of ignoring us until everyone else on the team is dead.

We want proportions pushed. In the struggle between utility mages and supports, supports have always just been lower damage champions that do pretty much the same thing as utility mages. We want supports to be utility GODS. The OP is actually right in this regard; the ONLY way supports will ever feel powerful in S4's environment is if we have stuff like Racecar Lulu or teamwide +40 AD/AP Sona or Janna with a 8 second 80% slow. Does that sound ridiculous? Yes. Is it what supports need? Another yes.