What we expected when Riot said "Support Utility will scale with AP"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowstone1720

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priamos View Post
Lulu turning people into racecars
Janna basically snaring enemies with W and granting gigantic AD bonuses with E
Sona's heals, damage, and auras being strong enough to make her a viable pick.
Soraka firing off massive MR Shreds and long silences.

What we got:

Thresh/Leona/Annie being the only supports in the game.
true !

Priamos

01-29-2014

Holy **** this thread has gone cray cray

CoffeeDave

01-29-2014

It just means there's a lot of people that are passionate about this issue.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Very passionate bump.

Priamos

01-29-2014

I'm just as surprised at the number of people complaining that I chose to label Annie as a "Support."

Admittedly, she is basically a Support at this point, though it is a shame, especially given that she is Kayle's hardcounter, and has the chance to put an end to the Kayle FotM, if only people would give her a chance at Mid.

Best Champion NA

01-29-2014

I miss the old supports. been a very long time since I have seen janna/soraka/lulu/sona bot

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

I dont even care what Riot does say about this, i just wish they would comment, especially given there are like 3000 upvotes lol.

They made these changes the entire focus of S4. Promised to keep a very close eye on how things worked out.

I know they can see that so many games have only the supports that didnt take a nerf (+annie). I know they can see that regardless of support champ most summoners are not building AP but usual support items.

I know they know all this, i just wish they would say something at all. Either we know and we are thinking about it, we know and we like it the way it is, idk, something.

SevyTehSavvy

01-29-2014

This champion's too strong, reduce base damage and increase ratios a little.
This champion's too weak, reduce base utility so you do nothing for your team until you have a Deathcap, and decrease damage ratios because Deathcap on supports is OP.
Riot logic.

cL XantoX

01-29-2014

As a season 3 Janna main I agree with you in so many levels. Right now Janna's passive is horrible. Locket's active has a longer range. Also I find myself losing trades early one because of how much weaker she is in lane.

Karenfknrizza

01-29-2014

i still play sona, i just dont max q anymore 1st. max heal and abuse the fact that leona and thresh dont rly have sustain sides doran shield and masteries. even den, u give ur adc more sustain than the adc with just a shield and lifesteal quints. abuse that.