Heartseeker Ashe is an abysmal failure on Riot's part.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythella

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Hey Janna Bot, I just spent some time trying to track down an older red post where someone more informed on the subject matter explained a bit of the skin creation process. I can't comment specifically why one skin gets selected over another for any given event. Maybe someone else on the forums has a link handy to that post?

I would say that the initial tone of your post was a bit harsh, and although you bring up a legitimate question, it can be hard to get a quality response from someone on our art team when you immediately put them on the defensive.

Often our moderators will close threads down for being a bit too abusive or non-productive, but I thought I'd try to take a lighter look at your question. You mentioned that this was an abysmal failure. But let's be real, I'm sure there are a lot of other mistakes we could argue that were worse. :P

To me it's obvious that you're passionate, and I think that's awesome. But don't let that passion get in the way of you message.

I think what he's trying to say is, maybe players opinions could have been taken into consideration when picking who to get valentines skins, since this is not lore based and it's in light of celebrating a festival that all players are looking forward to

Janna Bot

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
Just mad Janna didn't get it.
Although Janna would look hot in a ****ty valentines day outfit, no.
She has enough skins.

Surakai

01-29-2014

bet OP feels dumb now, rofl.

"**** CONSERVATARD RIOT NO SUPPORT SKIN EQUALITY" ~ Janna Bot

Evangele

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythella View Post
How would that be redundant? Pheonix and Cupid are not the same
Redundant in the sense that using the almost identical colour pallete on the same champion would lead to all sorts of overlaps. Particles MAY be able to make up for it but I honestly don't think you would see enough difference on an ingame model unless you are viewing them with the camera zoomed in all the way.

It's just my opinion however. I would much prefer something more interesting for Quinn, which Im sure they have in the works.

PhoenixSlayer13

01-29-2014

Amethyst came out in late 2011.

I don't have a problem with her getting a new skin.

Endertome

01-29-2014

What, it should be a support skin?

Heartseeker Nami > Janna

Heartseeker Sona > Janna

Heartseeker Lulu > Chris Hansen

lightdragoon88

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythella View Post
I think what he's trying to say is, maybe players opinions could have been taken into consideration when picking who to get valentines skins, since this is not lore based and it's in light of celebrating a festival that all players are looking forward to

Then...how about Riot makes a poll for holiday events?

Say for the next Harrowing they make a tread (MANY months before October...like now)showing their ideas for....5-8 champs and the 3 with the highest votes: THOSE are the ones they will make for Harrowing.

So we get a voice of the ones we like/want the most and Riot see which ones that people will buy the most and be the most happy about.

Everyone wins.

Opheliak

01-29-2014

riot feasts off your tears

Hayaishi

01-29-2014

Cupid Varus WHere!?

Janna Bot

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Hey Janna Bot, I just spent some time trying to track down an older red post where someone more informed on the subject matter explained a bit of the skin creation process. I can't comment specifically why one skin gets selected over another for any given event. Maybe someone else on the forums has a link handy to that post?

I would say that the initial tone of your post was a bit harsh, and although you bring up a legitimate question, it can be hard to get a quality response from someone on our art team when you immediately put them on the defensive.

Often our moderators will close threads down for being a bit too abusive or non-productive, but I thought I'd try to take a lighter look at your question. You mentioned that this was an abysmal failure. But let's be real, I'm sure there are a lot of other mistakes we could argue that were worse. :P

To me it's obvious that you're passionate, and I think that's awesome. But don't let that passion get in the way of your message.
I appreciate your attempts.
And thank you for actually taking the time to reply to those of us who are disappointed.
It actually means a lot to us little people to hear from you guys. Makes us feel like we're not being ignored.

I know it's not really your field, but can you get someone who can give us a comment about the champions who have been neglected in terms of skins? Syndra was released in September of what, two thousand and twleve and she still only has one skin. Karma is even more dire need of a new skin. I think the problem that puts us people on the defensive so quickly is we see these skins coming out for champions that already get a ton of love from Riot in terms of cosmetic appeal, meanwhile we hear NOTHING about other well-loved champions that are really lacking in the skins department.

If we just heard SOMETHING about "xyz champions have skins coming out in the next six months/year" people would feel a lot better knowing that EVERYONES wishes were being met instead of overskinned champs getting more.

Also sorry if my original post seemed snappy, I was upset. Also hormonal as hell at the moment, but thats another story entirely.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE, you can use almost ever female league champ name for a baby, but there are not nearly enough humanoid boy names.
imeanimjustsaying.