Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
Meanwhile... almost four months since Nasus's...

Attachment 886711

I guess Riot got withered.
Nasus was around 2 months and 9 days ago (11-21-2013)
And we got the small Anivia upgrade in December.
Then we have currently the Xerath VU on PBE.

exec3

01-30-2014

I'm more worried atm about Renektons eventual update and the inevitable voice change to bring him in line with Nasus. There are better ways to present otherworldy than a voice filter. At the least don't change the voice for some of his skins like Pool Party Renekton, a voice filter would be so off with that skin.

Axxlon

01-30-2014

Speaking of "reinforcing/revamping story", and also speaking of the inevitable Sion Relaunch, I personally really hope they don't throw away Sion's original story. Reinforce it, sure, but I hope it isn't just remade into something as stupid as... ugh, Kat's new lore...

I swear, kitae... >_<

stinkyman4

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
There's a lot coming this year. I think you'll be pleased with the results.
didnt you guys say that this last season?

Penteano

01-30-2014

Quote:
Also, we're still hammering out process, especially with the aforementioned concept phase. That's not just concept art, that's also thematic clarification/overhaul. Creating some pillars for the character, reinforcing/revamping story, and generally figuring out how to capture charm. It's a very intense process actually because unlike champions or skins, what we're dealing with has a ton of emotion attached to it. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has feedback. It can be challenging to navigate those waters, but it's our job to come to a consensus. With a large group of passionate people, that consensus takes a lot of discussion.

We're still figuring out how to best approach that concepting process. Get people involved, pitching in, and letting people who are passionate drive the product and hold vision. I've found myself not doing as much straight forward concept work, but rather finding who's passionate about a relaunch and getting them assigned as the primary artist. I think that's a better allocation of my time and better way to insure people feel included.

It's a process fraught with challenges and emotions but we're working on it.
Would be possible to do a small change on Fiora? Just her move speed on E... make it work when the skill is used rather than when we atack something?

SmokingPuffin

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
You would describe the Eve and Xin reworks as a balance success?
IronStylus's rework team did not do those. They did things like Sivir and Sejuani.
Your gripes need to be directed to live balance team.

Eyrgos

01-30-2014

So.... ETA?

Millea

01-30-2014

Quote:
charm
Ahri visual update confirmed.

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Quote:
Currently we have 4 VU's/Relaunches in the pipe, including the Sion relaunch which is a while out...

Void? Kass, Malz, Cho, and Kog? ?

GarnetDust

01-30-2014

If LeBlanc, Poppy and Evelynn get VU and additional skins this year I will fight myself!!!!

I can't wait to see what happens next.