Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
I thought that rework team put out a pretty impressive product last year, given that it was their first year of trying to do this.

Now that they have some experience under their belt and understand what the community likes and dislikes in reworks, I expect this year's results to be even better.
You would describe the Eve and Xin reworks as a balance success?

Koonslayer69

01-30-2014

Does everyone kind of forget that Anivia exists as a champion?

She had the most recent VU from what I can remember

Mazinger

01-30-2014

Can we at least get who's the prospective up next?

lightdragoon88

01-30-2014

People seem to forget they were on a holiday break.

AshenFox

01-30-2014

10/10 would listen to talking King Parrot again.

One question thou.
What are we looking at time frame wise for the next champion? Not hard wise, obviously, but in a soft sense. Because I would love to have another champ out before 6 months from now.

That maybe be a little sarky right there, but I stand by wanting more then 1 champ every 2-3 months. Though I will consider the Sion rework to be 2, possibly 3, champions depending on quality. So... hurry up with that or get some new champions out please.

KeetonFox

01-30-2014

With the champion announcement last year on how many you wanted out last year vs how many champions were actually released, I'm sad to say that I won't get my hopes up as I did for the announcement last year.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

I kinda hope Warwick is 1 of the 4, but Zenon said he won't get his VU until his rework is finished which is a ways off.

Still excited for the others though!

Best KhaZix Void

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Also, we're still hammering out process, especially with the aforementioned concept phase. That's not just concept art, that's also thematic clarification/overhaul. Creating some pillars for the character, reinforcing/revamping story, and generally figuring out how to capture charm. It's a very intense process actually because unlike champions or skins, what we're dealing with has a ton of emotion attached to it. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has feedback. It can be challenging to navigate those waters, but it's our job to come to a consensus. With a large group of passionate people, that consensus takes a lot of discussion.

We're still figuring out how to best approach that concepting process. Get people involved, pitching in, and letting people who are passionate drive the product and hold vision. I've found myself not doing as much straight forward concept work, but rather finding who's passionate about a relaunch and getting them assigned as the primary artist. I think that's a better allocation of my time and better way to insure people feel included.

It's a process fraught with challenges and emotions but we're working on it.
Fantastic to hear. I can't imagine what snags you could be hitting and how delicate working with an OG champ's visuals and lore is, they're special in a lot of people's hearts.
Glad you could take the time to respond to this thread.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Also, we're still hammering out process, especially with the aforementioned concept phase. That's not just concept art, that's also thematic clarification/overhaul. Creating some pillars for the character, reinforcing/revamping story, and generally figuring out how to capture charm. It's a very intense process actually because unlike champions or skins, what we're dealing with has a ton of emotion attached to it. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has feedback. It can be challenging to navigate those waters, but it's our job to come to a consensus. With a large group of passionate people, that consensus takes a lot of discussion.

We're still figuring out how to best approach that concepting process. Get people involved, pitching in, and letting people who are passionate drive the product and hold vision. I've found myself not doing as much straight forward concept work, but rather finding who's passionate about a relaunch and getting them assigned as the primary artist. I think that's a better allocation of my time and better way to insure people feel included.

It's a process fraught with challenges and emotions but we're working on it.
Also, no worries! Take your time!
Rather one good VU in 4 months than 1 halfbaked one every month.
And... Balance > VU

KidDarkness1993

01-30-2014

could always release a champ when its ready instead of only when its convenient enough for riot to do so... im farely new to riot but ive watched my friends play ... i own all the champs and some skins but at the rate the newest champ comes out im bored and ignoring league i play xbox or ps3 while i play league because its the same thing over and over 4 diff ways to play SR TT Aram and Dom... it just gets boring and the way the company plays around wording everything is rediculous the jinx announcement was just teasing but to my point why is only one champ given out at a time ? if you have 3 ready why not throw all 3 of them on PBE test them and release them ? give testing a week and im sure more people would appreciate whats going on but hey i dont own the company or work for it so my inpute gets overlooked as does many other gamers but how many people need to complain that we get 1 champ every 2 months if we're lucky before riot say hey maybe we can work on more then 1 at a time. im not say9ng throw goku in the game because we want op champs ... ao shin looked awesome but that preview was how long ago ? anyway just hoping to see some changes to the same old league instead of pathes or updates