Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberphish

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepstar View Post
I remember morello talking about how "skaven-izing" twitch would be the wrong direction for him. I always thought that something like the Burmecians (Eg, Freya) from Final fantasy 9 would be a much better fit for Twitch's concept. While I love the strange jiggle-wiggle he does while he walks, I can see this direction being a much better fit for the poisonous assassin rat.
I would actually say I'm of the exact opposite opinion. Maybe neither one is quite on the mark for who Twitch is and/or will be, but I think Skaven is much closer to his concept than the Burmecians. Sure, he's got a fairly noble goal in not wanting to be alone anymore, but he was an accident of scientific runoff in a nasty, violent city. He's not going to /look/ noble, he's going to be dirty and mangy and just a bit 'wrong'. He may cover himself in rings and gold bits to feel better about his appearance (though he shouldn't, he looks awesome anyway :P), he's always going to be an elevated sewer rat.

That's my take on him, at least.

Creepstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberphish View Post
I would actually say I'm of the exact opposite opinion. Maybe neither one is quite on the mark for who Twitch is and/or will be, but I think Skaven is much closer to his concept than the Burmecians. Sure, he's got a fairly noble goal in not wanting to be alone anymore, but he was an accident of scientific runoff in a nasty, violent city. He's not going to /look/ noble, he's going to be dirty and mangy and just a bit 'wrong'. He may cover himself in rings and gold bits to feel better about his appearance (though he shouldn't, he looks awesome anyway :P), he's always going to be an elevated sewer rat.

That's my take on him, at least.
I was more concerned about his body shape/type vs. his clothing. A "burmecian from the slums" as it were. The burmecians you see in ff9 are mostly nobility and knights, rather than peasants. The skaven are more hunched over, mutated, and gross, which doesn't fit well into LoL. Whereas the more "cartoony" body type the burmecians have (thin limbs large bodies/heads)would be both a more recognizable shilouette and fit more into the art style of LoL; But that's just my take on things I suppose, I don't feel there's really a right or wrong answer here.

I love Twitch as a character, so I'm pretty jacked to see where riot does go with him, regardless of where they go.

RemusNeo

02-05-2014

Any plans for AKALI visual upgrade?

Trustful

02-05-2014

I like Anivia's splash art. It's not fancy, and it reminds me of the old league, even though I haven't played that far back yet. It's one of the few that exist. It gives off a nice feeling whenever you see it. ^_^

Nayris

02-05-2014

Are there any ideas on updating Shadow Prince Malzahar? In his portrait he uses golden spells and abilities yet in game his spells and abilities are still purple. Will this ever be updated because its the only thing keeping me from buying that skin?

QuantumMajic

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Pretty much this.

This is the philosophy I abide by. I'm not going to address negative feedback which is delivered in a toxic, non-polite fashion even if it does have valid points. If those points are buried in vitriol, it automatically is passed by. That's just my policy. I don't have time to address rudeness, period.

If someone gives me feedback which disagrees with what we're doing, is phrased politely, presented rationally, and gives me the same respect I'm giving others, then I will approach it. We may completely disagree, we might never come to consensus, but it will remain civil and respect will be maintained. At least a discussion will be had.

There are too few hours in the day to be throttled by feedback that's wrapped in anger and negativity. It's a time sink for all of us. To have that negative feedback, presented by those negative individuals, given equal weight as those who take the time to center their emotions, compose their posts politely and engage in a discussion that is mutually respectful, is unfair.

I will have no problem seeing vitriol decrease. You will have more dev presence if it does indeed decrease.

Which do you want? Negative feedback that's presented in a toxic way having equal weight as negative feedback presented in a positive way and the dev presence fall off, or constructive and possibly negative feedback, presented politely and rationally, treated as higher value and encourage devs to interact?

I know which behavior I'll be responding to.

Thanks for the discussion on this topic. There's a lot I can take back to the community dev team and hopefully we can incorporate some helpful features. I appreciate the passion, feedback and suggestions. Time to move on to some other business.
get off your ivory steed plz

Diablo48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Ideally that's what we'd want I think. Champion right now has enough resources to stagger productions. They use "pods", or teams that see a character all the way through concept to production. Right now Relaunch is basically equivalent to one of those pods. Having multiple pods would allow Relaunch to up cadence. We'll see. Sometimes we swap resources in and out, or sometimes people jump onto a different character or skin that they're interested. Certain resources are fluid.

Some hiring might help, but to actually accelerate we'd need specific artists especially in the realm of technical animation/rigging and VFX where some bottlenecks lie. Sooo... let me know if anyone of you guys does any of those things!
I would love to help, but my skills are more on the steel and heavy machinery side of engineering so there is not much I can help you with.

Adaptation Hime

02-05-2014

!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!

Has any of the process been started for rumble's Visual upgrade for him to finally receive his first skin since release. Like is underway???(you can say yes or no not asking for a timeline)

And also I know that you have nothing to do with balance, But overtime the company(balance team) always just nerf his damage, is there any way to buff some other area of rumble like maybe giving him a bit more on base for his auto attack to last hit easier in lane? Or perhaps making him a bit more tanky per level for the mid game being that he is a melee ap fighter(he isn't doing no where as much damage as ahri gragas ziggs or some others when having the same items)

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IRONSTYLUS!!!!!!

AsheGetsGanked

02-05-2014

Ok this is nice and all, but the last things we have gotten really is Yasuo... and Nasus VU. That's about it.... You aren't releasing enough content....

Brale Bane Power

02-05-2014

Quote:
!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!

Has any of the process been started for rumble's Visual upgrade for him to finally receive his first skin since release. Like is underway???(you can say yes or no not asking for a timeline)

And also I know that you have nothing to do with balance, But overtime the company(balance team) always just nerf his damage, is there any way to buff some other area of rumble like maybe giving him a bit more on base for his auto attack to last hit easier in lane? Or perhaps making him a bit more tanky per level for the mid game being that he is a melee ap fighter(he isn't doing no where as much damage as ahri gragas ziggs or some others when having the same items)

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IRONSTYLUS!!!!!!
I dont remember how many times I did ask the same question.... Without any answer. Riot will not answer clearly to that. Why? I dont know.