Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clompy

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Dude, I'm just looking to not have toxic hate-spew thrown at me. I want to answer questions, give reasoning to why we do what we do, and generally be a positive force in the community between devs and players. That's it. Let's not go crazy with the philosophizing. I'm just trying to talk to people about video games without getting too banged up.
If you want to be as effective as possible you have to nut up and accept that not everyone will agree with what you do. It's also the internet, so people have less reason not to be brutally honest with you. Such is life my friend, but I think you should be grateful for the fact that you get such candid feedback. Companies do dumb **** all the time that their customers could have told them was dumb **** to begin with (sometimes the customers do tell them and company does it anyway). You should really pay more heed to vitriol than the polite ****, as those people are the ones being the most honest anyway (too many Riot posts are responses to 'ego stroking'). Maybe they aren't always right, but ignoring them isn't the way to go.

Choripanero

02-04-2014

morderkaiser rework on the way?

gulgolet2000

02-04-2014

Are Olaf and/or Mundo on the radar/list for a VU?
If yes, on what exact stage of a VU is each of them in?

LeitonGrey

02-04-2014

Hey guys...
Let's imagine for a second that GD wasn't stock-full of *******s.
Imagine if the Riot developers could post on here and receive constructive feedback, instead of political arguments and passive-aggressive hatred.

They could actually do their job, instead of sitting here debating semantics with idiots who found a dictionary. Seriously guys, how old can you be to not know that goals typically aren't met in a business? You can't really expect them to be able to dish out that much work in only a month's time. VU's are only one side of the spectrum, and they have their own team working on that, but can you really expect them to dish out a new VU every single month, complete with fancy new rigging, textures, animation, splash arts, and EVERY SINGLE skin revamped along the same guidelines? Do you people really think it's that easy?

Give them time, and stop acting like spoiled brats for once. Personally I'm still excited for the Twitch VU, but I'm also not an idiot. I know things take time, and I know that different champs and projects are on the priorities list.

Clompy

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedtoo View Post
Yes, but some of these people really have no idea about what they are flaming for. Even worse some people refuse to logically debate and try to see both points of view. There is a saying that you don't argue with idiots, because you will be dragged down to their level and you will always lose to them due to the lack of experience. that is roughly it I thin xD and frankly speaking I wouldn't even acknowledge someone who came at me in such a manner face to face or at my place of business, and it being across the internet doesn't make it any less disrespectful or wrong...
The lack of respect stems from the fact that respect doesn't seem to help get things done around here. I find that curtness gets much more accomplished than false respect. It's like The Wolf said, "Pretty please with sugar on top, do your ****ing job". The dismissive attitude toward passionate players will ruin Riot.

Clompy

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeitonGrey View Post
Hey guys...
Let's imagine for a second that GD wasn't stock-full of *******s.
Imagine if the Riot developers could post on here and receive positive feedback, instead of political arguments and passive-aggressive hatred.

They could actually do their job, instead of sitting here debating semantics with idiots who found a dictionary. Seriously guys, how old can you be to not know that goals typically aren't met in a business? You can't really expect them to be able to dish out that much work in only a month's time. VU's are only one side of the spectrum, and they have their own team working on that, but can you really expect them to dish out a new VU every single month, complete with fancy new rigging, textures, animation, splash arts, and EVERY SINGLE skin revamped along the same guidelines? Do you people really think it's that easy?

Give them time, and stop acting like spoiled brats for once. Personally I'm still excited for the Twitch VU, but I'm also not an idiot. I know things take time, and I know that different champs and projects are on the priorities list.
Why does all their feedback have to be positive? They can't be wrong? If they get distracted by someone on a message board, that's on them and not the poster.

Edit: I would also submit that posts like the one quoted above are even less helpful than the "hate" that no one seems to appreciate. It's not feedback, it's a pat on the back.

LeitonGrey

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clompy View Post
Why does all their feedback have to be positive? They can't be wrong? If they get distracted by someone on a message board, that's on them and not the poster.
Hmmm Good point (fixing original post to say "Constructive feedback").

However, as a company, they have to deal with the idiots somehow. They can't just ignore the posts made by half of the people, and reply to all the rest; that's just bad customer service.

Edit: My post was pointed at the community. I'm one of those hopeful dreamers that likes to think he can make the world a better and happier face.

Clompy

02-04-2014

Quote:
Hmmm Good point (fixing original post to say "Constructive feedback").

However, as a company, they have to deal with the idiots somehow. They can't just ignore the posts made by half of the people, and reply to all the rest; that's just bad customer service.
They don't need to reply to everyone. I agree, that is unrealistic. My problem is that Riot has an extremely bad habit of ignoring valid points simply because they don't like the language being used. That is incredibly irresponsible and not good business practice.

Clompy

02-04-2014

Quote:

Edit: My post was pointed at the community. I'm one of those hopeful dreamers that likes to think he can make the world a better and happier face.
Well I applaud you for that good sir. People who change the world always have the audacity to believe they can

Aldaföðr

02-04-2014

Considering all that is out now i dont really see an issue with riot taking there time releasing things for people to play

sure some champs need VU's an such but you cant really complain with what they have given you so far..and mind you for free if they wanted to riot could make this a p2p game