Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Do you want to upvote something extremely toxic, or do you want a legitimate question which is phrased politely to get to the top?
I want politeness, creativity, and intelligence to be encouraged. That isn't what will happen. These are the comments that will rise to the top:
- Easy to understand and at least somewhat funny jokes
- Popular opinions phrased in a "comically" abrasive way
- Memes, usually outdated
- The first non-awful post

I don't want that. Yes, the negativity on these forums is visible, but so are the nuggets of creativity and the flashes of inspiration that, because they're fresh and unpopular, simply won't be visible in the new forums. It's bad enough that they won't be appreciated, but not getting upvotes means that anything that doesn't ride the coattails of "I already know I like this" will sink and be lost. That seems incredibly counterproductive.

Mirage Night

02-04-2014

Quote:
It is valuable, that's why there might be some workable middle ground. Have you started a discussion there yet? Would you like to and point me in the direction to get some traction? I'm all for experimenting. I don't see why you're hell bent against it, and seem to feel everyone else is, when it's such a marginal thing at the moment.

I'll say it again, put your money where your mouth is, like Hellioning. Not only did that new thread get noticed by other players, but designers (FeralPony, Sion's designer) and the team developing the community beta also.

You assume it's such a terrible alternative yet in a day some really great stuff has happened.
I personally have. unfortunately we have gotten much feed back. I am a RP forumer. Frankly the beta thread for our group isn't updated often and doesn't give me a good sense that any one is looking at it. To be honest.

turkeyBACON

02-04-2014

Quote:
...maybe.

He and I might have a secret plan to redesign Kayle and Morgana from the ground up together. "Might" is a strong word, though.
Please, please make them fae!

Xenotime Gaze

02-04-2014

Quote:
Good points. That's in fact why faction/location solidification is important. Regions, nations, tribes, are all going to have visual signifyers and shape language native to them. That's why it helps to solidify the factions and sometimes retcon champions into a different faction so that there's some thematic connection.
Hello Ironstylus,
As a person who was attracted to the game primarily because of Zilean (he caught my eye when I first looked over the champions, influenced my IGN, etc) I wouldn't put Urtistan out just yet.

To me the '3 fallen cities of magic' (Shurima, Urtistan, Icathia) each have a place in the lore still. The basis of the League of Legends in Runeterra were, and as far as I know still are, the Rune Wars which were tearing the world apart.

It has been implied that both Shurima and Icathia fell through dabbling too deep into Raw(?)/Extraplanar magic respectively. Urtistan fell, however, due to unknown outside forces. Given all the Theorycrafting about the void, It would be an interesting direction to take if Urtistan fell for opposing Icathia/The Void directly, and given Zileans uncertain age (he being immortal) it would be an interesting direction to take as one who lost his people to the horror that is the void.

Granted, I agree that Urtistan is depicted as a sort of 'Atlantian Mystical Utopia' which is still sort of similar to Demacia (Militaristic Utopia) and Shurima (Nation steeped in Mysticism), and yes his current appearance aligns with that of Piltover (slightly, only the clock imo), but I believe that Urtistan certainly could fill its own niche, and through that niche make Zilean's character unique.

I feel that if Zilean came from Piltover as opposed to simply residing there, it would make him less 'Time Wizard' (What attracted me to him) and more 'Time Technician' ala the Time Lords from Doctor Who (People intelligent enough to make technology that can manipulate time). While this is interesting, I believe the idea of manipulating time directly is much more interesting, and gives greater flexibility in terms of what he will eventually be/do in his eventual VU/rework.

Dimmu Mikeir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2014

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Binding View Post
Has Riot Zeronis done any work on Morgana yet?
...maybe.

He and I might have a secret plan to redesign Kayle and Morgana from the ground up together. "Might" is a strong word, though.
Wait this is the first I've heard of Morgana getting worked on. I know Kayle has been getting eye'd up for a while but whats causing the need for work on Morgana? I only know of a VU need, but a redesign sounds like alot more work than that, and now I'm curious...

Coeurl

02-04-2014

Riot's productivity is laughably low at this point. They are lucky they struck gold with this game because they are seeming really incompetent aside from the esports scene and just running what they already have. It's not like they are short on funds.

Hardly any new skins anymore. Hardly any new champions. Reworks that take 2-3 years to complete. Things that are announced and go nowhere. Tiny fixes that people suggest and don't show up for 2 years. They'll say something like "we're thinking of doing this" and then 2 years later they're like "Oh yeah we're gonna do this and this and this first and then we'll get started, we just have other priorities" mean while those other priorities are also going nowhere. Just l o l like when Morello was like "Fiora? People think shes neglected? Yeah, I'll talk to some people about it!" as if they were totally unawares. Whatever. She isn't going to get changed for 2 years, except for maybe a tiny fix people asked for 2 years ago.

They even try to say "each champion is like a miniature game!" I'm sorry that's bull**** and an insult to other developers of all kinds who really bust their ass to churn out content.

WereAssassin

02-04-2014

Quote:
Welcome to democracy?

Anyway, when I say toxic I refer to flaming, harassment and treatment of others which is charged in order to deliberately create a negative emotional response. It's pretty simple:

Upvote this stuff: "I really dislike how you executed on X because of A, B and C."

Downvote this stuff: "@#%$ you Riot, you suck, that is all."

Give me a thread full of those first types of comments and I'll answer all the productive negative feedback there might be. Give me a thread full of rude and threatening posts and I'll gladly float over to the threads about parrot pictures.
I really dislike how you executed the Karma Rework because you gutted her theme,playstyle, and alienated her old players

Dermoplasma

02-04-2014

About sion: do you want to preserve his infinite scaling Health?

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyBACON View Post
Please, please make them fae!
Please don't. I play both of them and this would be terrible.

TTGOz

02-04-2014

Riot just told everyone off.

Kind of funny. Keep doing a goodjob, Riot.