Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twistedtoo

02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Dude, I'm just looking to not have toxic hate-spew thrown at me. I want to answer questions, give reasoning to why we do what we do, and generally be a positive force in the community between devs and players. That's it. Let's not go crazy with the philosophizing. I'm just trying to talk to people about video games without getting too banged up.
IM going to tell you the same thing I said in my previous reply

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

There are plenty of good people who support riot out there and I am certain you guys have more than one method to see what the community wants beyond forums, so I will be blunt I dont think you should waste your time, or any other decent person on these forums by responding to these kinds of posts instead you could be answering other people or communicating with the good people and deserving.

Super Explosion

02-04-2014

Quote:
Dude, I'm just looking to not have toxic hate-spew thrown at me. I want to answer questions, give reasoning to why we do what we do, and generally be a positive force in the community between devs and players. That's it. Let's not go crazy with the philosophizing. I'm just trying to talk to people about video games without getting too banged up.
Ehehe.

Perhaps the best way to be a positive force is to defeat the negativity with a sharp wit and pretty pictures.

Remember, you're a celebrity.

Vempyre

02-04-2014

On a different note of Toxicity, I'm really looking forward to a Vlad VU, his new splash art is amazing, so if that day ever comes, I'll be super hyped. There's a lot of things you can do with his lines and the what not though he has some of the best already.

Purodyuusaa

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vempyre View Post
On a different note of Toxicity, I'm really looking forward to a Vlad VU, his new splash art is amazing, so if that day ever comes, I'll be super hyped. There's a lot of things you can do with his lines and the what not though he has some of the best already.
I hope they make him taller at least. The first time I saw new Yi standing next to Vlad was filled with laughter.

Vempyre

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purodyuusaa View Post
I hope they make him taller at least. The first time I saw new Yi standing next to Vlad was filled with laughter.

LOL He's like Aether Wing Kayle tall.

He's like the Dani Filth of LoL, shortness and all.

Rivini

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Now, this will probably change when these forums get shut down in exchange for the beta forums,
I last heard these forums weren't going to be deleted or shut down when the other forum leaves beta. Did that change? If so, I'm going to be sick.

Super Explosion

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedtoo View Post
Yes, but some of these people really have no idea about what they are flaming for. Even worse some people refuse to logically debate and try to see both points of view. There is a saying that you don't argue with idiots, because you will be dragged down to their level and you will always lose to them due to the lack of experience.
I perhaps usually counsel people to 'Pull a Diana', to be honest.

Basically, with the realization that people are going to be inaccurate and mean about it, you set about providing as much clarity as you can. To defend your position upon the data.

Because in the balance, if what you're saying is useful and true, and what they're saying isn't, odds are you'll get better social results overall.

You just Moonsilver Blade them with good cheer and helpfulness and the truth, for honestly you're trying to improve the lives of everyone.

Sophitia

02-04-2014

Quote:
Welp, that's too bad. The Sion thread currently has 230+ comments with ideas, questions and answers from players and devs alike. I think that's pretty positive. If you choose not to interact, that's certainly your prerogative. I'd gladly welcome anyone to come participate and try the experiment out.
Yah, because you advertised it. Of course it will get traction. If you tweeted a forum topic of a similar nature (preferably not one posted in GD), then you would get very similar and positive responses. You're also missing my point. I'm not arguing that you cannot feasibly get feedback there. It's announcement friendly but discourse unfriendly. Especially if you want to hold a conversation with anyone who's not a Rioter.

I obviously like interacting with you. I like interacting with other members too, or I wouldn't frequent the forums as often as I do. There's a reason I choose to post here and not Reddit.

I do not believe that you need + [x] number of upvotes for your post to have credibility or importance. Thus these new forums are not for me. I've seen plenty of people downvoted for saying intelligent things that just don't follow the majority opinion. Anyways, your opinion seems firm and so is mine. At this point, I feel like we're just aggravating you. I suppose the true test will be when you move the beta to live and if people actually end up with a positive reception of it or not.

Redeemed In Fire

02-04-2014

I have some negative feedback myself about some design changes they've made. And some superficial complaints about some of the VUs (what comes to mind is bucktooth sivir). But other than that... why is asking for a coherent presentation of actual things to talk about over "lol riot is stupid and bad for [x]" not good?

Iripley

02-04-2014

Quote:
Welcome to democracy?

Anyway, when I say toxic I refer to flaming, harassment and treatment of others which is charged in order to deliberately create a negative emotional response. It's pretty simple:

Upvote this stuff: "I really dislike how you executed on X because of A, B and C."

Downvote this stuff: "@#%$ you Riot, you suck, that is all."

Give me a thread full of those first types of comments and I'll answer all the productive negative feedback there might be. Give me a thread full of rude and threatening posts and I'll gladly float over to the threads about parrot pictures.
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally. I would have to say the forums are more like democracy we can all participate equally. The New Community Beta is more Mobocracy where the mob rules. Upvotes, no thanks give me a place where all are equal and We can all post our thoughts.