Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gulgolet2000

02-01-2014

Hi Mighty Parrot Lord. I'm sorry if that's a stupid question, but as much as I know, Amumu is still considered a Yordle, right? So is he going to be part of the Great Yordle Unification Pass of 2014? I really love Amumu, and I would really like to know what is your opinion about him. I mean, is he a priority as a yordle?

Ironstryde

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Funny thing is, I think we could simply replace base Renekton's head and we'd be cool. His animations are fine, his rig is fine, his particles are decent, his face just looks a little derpy. I'd like it to fall in line with the splash.
I can't agree with this more. I love the creature champions (Wukong, Volibear, Fizz and such.) I really wanted to like Renekton, and his splash art looks amazing. I went in expecting Butcher of the Sands and got a goober crocodile face from looney toons. I've never really picked him back up because his face just doesn't fit his theme, personality, or even the rest of his kit. I agree the rest of him is fine. His face simply needs some viciousness and polish to fall in line with the splash.

Malphite also suffers this same malady. I first bought him thinking his splash art was cool. I like elemental guys. Upon closer inspection in game, his face looks like a pimple head on a boulder. I'd love to see a larger face with more personality. I do love his lumbering gait. It clashes in a fantastic way with the intense speed of his hurling boulder ult. I wouldn't change much else about him, other than maybe some texture passes and refining. His "Glacial" skin is one of my favorite in the game. I think it could also use the same face/head treatment.

Other than that, cool thread. Love getting some insight into the processes that create this fantasy world.

Demospata

02-01-2014

Screw your VU's fix your servers before you add stuff to the game.

Raiyn

02-01-2014

Quote:
Actually, me lying would be saying something like.. "You're doing a great deal to contribute to this conversation in a positive way"

I think the poster you responded to put his response in a very poor manner but it has more merit than you completely ignoring it and making a sarcastic remark.

Every single League of Legends beta player I have talked to makes a version of the same remarks the aforementioned player did. We're all wondering, if skins are taking forever, patches are slower, VU are slower, champions are slower and overall everything is at a snails pace than before...
Well where is all our money going? What are you guys up to down in California that things are this slow? Has Morello actually successfully nerfed all the champions :P

Sproctor

02-01-2014

Quote:
We've got some nice ideas for a good VU approach for Zilean. Not slotted, not in pre-production, nowhere on the list at the moment. Time will tell...
It's okay. Once it's done you can just rewind and it will have always been.

Hallows Evelynn

02-01-2014

whats going on with shaco?

Tadidam

02-01-2014

Tristana is in a DIRE need of a Splash art rework. Right now It almost looks like a zoomed out shot of her 3d model. It looks so out of place...

Dl2agon

02-01-2014

Quote:
She certainly won't get another skin until she gets a VU, but my hope is that we get her in sometime this year. It can take a while when we have such an ill-defined champion which needs a lot of thematic overhaul or reinforcing. That process tends to take more time than actual production often does. Right now she's a whole pile of confusion, that has to get solved. We have a few people, including myself, doing concepts, but we haven't broken ground on what she is and the thematic direction we want to take.
Then why not start community threads getting the players involved to help yall. Maybe get a direction or ideas or just seeing what the fans think of the champion in the sense of theme.

The5lacker

02-01-2014

Quote:
Taric is a high priority, because man.. is he outdated.. but the idea of him being "low-risk" is completely not the case. He's been challenging to conceptually lock down.
If I might recommend taking a good long look at his Chinese splash arts for inspiration.

Foztog

02-01-2014

@IronStylus

What's the word on Twitch?