Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathKila

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

What about Tristana? Desperately needs some visual love.

Dirtytarget

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
You have a sword?

H2ojames

01-31-2014

IronStylus please tell me Heimerdinger is coming out soon. He's the only champ I want to have a vu. He's so dated, I love his new kit, but his model is so old, and looks so dated compared to other champs that I never really play him

dustwind

01-31-2014

We've been down this road a million times before with everything. What's the situation with Taric, how come LeBlanc still doesn't have a new skin, when's Irelia's rework coming, where are the seasonal maps, who's responsible for the clog in champion updates. And we'll go down it a million more, Riot knows stuff is always "too slow" in coming out, and they probably feel like **** knowing that they have 4 champions in various stages of update production, along with a bunch more that have had a small amount of work done on them but are slotted back into the waiting list because others take precedence.

Ironstylus, in one of your posts you talked about the excitement of an updated champion that that's been held under wraps compared to talking about one and having that feeling of 'oh gawd when's it coming,' but I don't think this is that big an issue. You talked about Sivir on and off during her production, and even gave an early preview at a convention, I think it worked out ok. If there are ~4 champs in various stages of rework, why not pick the least complete one and talk about them a bit until you get within say 6-8 weeks of their estimated completion, and then move on to talking about someone else a bit? Before the holidays you were involved in a fair bit of talk about Taric's visual theme and what not and it's kind of dropped off, most would probably figure he's one of the current four, would it be that bad if we actually knew one of the champions? I understand a big issue is talking about someone who ends up getting pushed back, but I think if you can be vaguely honest and say the project was put on hold because something came along and needed priority, people will generally be ok, and there'll be some nice buzz about what could the new project be.

You can never make everyone happy, we all already know this, but you can probably make more people happy if you talk about a champion a bit more candidly once in awhile after productions gone full steam ahead. I would say Ao Shin (and the various information about Sivir)is proof that the sky won't fall from revealing someone early, and updates every once in awhile on issues surrounding them and if it's pushed them back or not.

magic owns

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
Not cool. How would you be able to finish it and grace us with it with a sword in between you?

magic owns

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ojames View Post
IronStylus please tell me Heimerdinger is coming out soon. He's the only champ I want to have a vu. He's so dated, I love his new kit, but his model is so old, and looks so dated compared to other champs that I never really play him
We should so totally have more geniuses.. But evil, I'm thinking like Lex Luthor

ChrisCooke16

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustwind View Post
We've been down this road a million times before with everything. What's the situation with Taric, how come LeBlanc still doesn't have a new skin, when's Irelia's rework coming, where are the seasonal maps, who's responsible for the clog in champion updates. And we'll go down it a million more, Riot knows stuff is always "too slow" in coming out, and they probably feel like **** knowing that they have 4 champions in various stages of update production, along with a bunch more that have had a small amount of work done on them but are slotted back into the waiting list because others take precedence.
I personally think Riot should go 100% translucent with their corporate scene. Basically cite all work being done of the company. Completely listing progress as well as products, the community could easily see exactly what is going on. Artists that can't keep up or meet approval ratings for champions every now and then are canned- if you can't do it, it just isn't your job. The same goes for splash, VU, etc.

Following the Reddit post of a Riot employee, poor managerial decisions and a lack of will to respond them causes further managerial decisions. It seems like the company is trying really hard just to avoid actually spoiling everything and making tanks less op.

Furi Kuri

02-01-2014

How do people like this little ****? IronStylus is the stereotypical annoying artist. He needs to be replaced, welp so does the rest of Riot.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

What about Veigar,he have triangle feets too.

Johato

02-01-2014

Does riot have any plans to rework Taric or VI update? If so how far is it down the road? and What are your thoughts how Taric is currently?