Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker4 View Post

I'm sorry for sounding mad, but I am. :3

Your anger is deserved

Samwel93

01-31-2014

Hey Ironstylus! Morello recently said that Riven can't be balanced in her current state and that she would probably need a rework(I personally don't agree, but that's beside the point). Do you think that there's a chance that a reworked kit could come with a new model, Riven was the last champ released in season 1 and is by no means ugly, but obviously isn't up to the standards of modern releases. Also if it isn't too troubling I would like to hear your thoughts on her art direction in general, she seems like the kind of character you would like

DeafDunn

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
pssssh, do a picture of you laying on the diana sword you have, that should lighten the mood. XD

SpiderSexChamber

01-31-2014

Quote:
She certainly won't get another skin until she gets a VU, but my hope is that we get her in sometime this year. It can take a while when we have such an ill-defined champion which needs a lot of thematic overhaul or reinforcing. That process tends to take more time than actual production often does. Right now she's a whole pile of confusion, that has to get solved. We have a few people, including myself, doing concepts, but we haven't broken ground on what she is and the thematic direction we want to take.
PLEASE DO NOT RUIN Evelynn. Part of what makes her special for me is that she is a complete *MYSTERY*. She doesn't need a thematic direction and I love her current look and feel as is, voice and outfit included. If you pull a Sejuani on her I swear to damn god..

I'm all for having her model updated but NOT changed in drastic ways, yes even the streamers, I LOVE her flowing streamers.. Her lore too is just fine and doesn't need to be replaced with some lame cliched nonsense. I'll never forget how they made Katarina's bio infinitely more stupid.

TLDR the League needs it sexy enigma.

Javarino

01-31-2014

Seems like you've got a lot on your plate Ironstylus. Which one are you most looking forward to, from a design perspective?(Which one makes you super excited to get it out there)?

Drakonitus

01-31-2014

@Iron Stylus: I'm a fan of your and I'm a main Wukong player.

I will be very happy if someday you create a new skin to Wukong that makes his ultimate do something special! :B

Coldmanj

01-31-2014

Quote:
You're right. I'll take the fall. It's totally blown up in my face and the world is coming to an end. My apologies, I'll go fall on my sword now

Cool?
Ignore the greedy plebs Ironstylus, they can never be pleased. I think you are doing a great job especially with such a small regiment to back you up. Keep up the awesome work, cause we lervs you for it!

Skias

01-31-2014

Quote:
Any new skin for Rumble will make it much easier to do subsequent skins for. This is a result that any new skin will have a rebuilt rig.

Currently we'd be unable to do any of the cool fan ideas out there because all of that wackiness in his current mech would carry over. We can only do geometry changes over that. Anything that would involve a more slick set of movements, a more advanced mech, whatever, is dependent on a new rig being in place.
Thanks for the response Birdman! Any chance you could let us know if something is in the works for the junkyard titan? I know you can't give specifics!

namielise

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
Ignore the greedy plebs Ironstylus, they can never be pleased. I think you are doing a great job especially with such a small regiment to back you up. Keep up the awesome work, cause we lervs you for it!
indeed!

HEXXEN9x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Quote:

Cool?

not that big a deal.... At least some stuff gets done havin' you around.