Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicSmurfAccount

Senior Member

01-29-2014

@Dunal, I actually suspected a Shurima/Southern Valoran event upon -even prior to- the release of the Freljord event.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

Senior Member

01-29-2014

If events are what's eating all their dev time, I don't think it's worth it. They really aren't that great, as game events go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LunarFault

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Riot has grown so much and it's content release is abysmal. I don't mind a new champion every month but two months is ridiculous. When it was every 2 weeks champion release they came out so op, because of the lack of testing.

We should have a skin release every 2 weeks though. There is no excuses. They are funneling their money into esports and making their money off the new customer's that brings in, leaving the old ones behind. Those of us who have every champion, a tons of skins, and earned close to 300,000+ ip so we have 20 full rune pages and every rune worth buying, even some that is not, have nothing to spend our ip on.

Since S1 i have tend to buy 15,000 rp on Christmas and my birthday, but this birthday I am considering not doing it because I already have everything I want. Even bought retarded summoner icons and legendary skins for champs I don't really play just so I could spend the RP I bought... Please Riot more skins!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicSmurfAccount

Senior Member

01-29-2014

I'm happy with development being slower for the sake of game stability, balance and quality. However, at this rate even I'm starting to get a bit unhappy. As far as I'm concerned, Riot should be churning out content in this order:

-Champion every 2 patches.
-Rework every 2 patches.
-VU/TU every patch.

Splash art for champions with Visual Updates should come out with the Visual Update, not onwards of 1 year after as is the case with Nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namielise

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Quote:
Drukyul:
If events are what's eating all their dev time, I don't think it's worth it. They really aren't that great, as game events go.

where are those events?????since the frejlord one we haven't seen any (besides the minor ones in the holidays)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigma117

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Quote:
Drukyul:
If events are what's eating all their dev time, I don't think it's worth it. They really aren't that great, as game events go.

A game event is...well, an event. So far the recent ones have been "Pick one of 3 icons" and a little backstory.
Event would imply something like a game mode, say Noxians vs Demacians.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigma117

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Quote:
EpicSmurfAccount:
I'm happy with development being slower for the sake of game stability, balance and quality. However, at this rate even I'm starting to get a bit unhappy. As far as I'm concerned, Riot should be churning out content in this order:

-Champion every 2 patches.
-Rework every 2 patches.
-VU/TU every patch.

Splash art for champions with Visual Updates should come out with the Visual Update, not onwards of 1 year after as is the case with Nidalee.


To be honest, it's not the fact that champ/VU/Reworks have slowed that bugs me the most. It's the general speed of patching the game. Sure a patch has the potential to unbalance a game, but since patches er on the side of nerfs I'd rather have them go live so we're not putting up with the same 3 champs top lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namielise

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Quote:
EpicSmurfAccount:
I'm happy with development being slower for the sake of game stability, balance and quality. However, at this rate even I'm starting to get a bit unhappy. As far as I'm concerned, Riot should be churning out content in this order:

-Champion every 2 patches.
-Rework every 2 patches.
-VU/TU every patch.

Splash art for champions with Visual Updates should come out with the Visual Update, not onwards of 1 year after as is the case with Nidalee.

game stability, balance and quality???i'm not so sure:go check the EUW server,see the mess of balance we have theise days 3 supports and 3 junglers that's all we see everywhere,and quality?do you call yasuo'skin quality?or lucian'skin?or zac?
i'm sorry but i'm not convinced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

01-29-2014

Quote:
namielise:
game stability, balance and quality???i'm not so sure:go check the EUW server,see the mess of balance we have theise days 3 supports and 3 junglers that's all we see everywhere,and quality?do you call yasuo'skin quality?or lucian'skin?or zac?
i'm sorry but i'm not convinced.

Lucian and Yasuo's launch skins were pretty good.
Zac's... Admittedly, terrible. But Zac is a hard thing to make any decent skins for because he's all one color due to what he is. The difference is going to have to be mostly in the particles every time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namielise

Senior Member

01-29-2014

bump